Pacifica Aqua

Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Mexico

Timeshare reviews at Pacifica Aqua

Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Mexico

By stecklair Jan 26, 2011

We just returned from a one bedroom stay at Aqua in Oct. 2010. This resort is the newest and most luxurious section of Pacífica, designed by the Mexican architect Enrique Zozaya. Our suite had a beautiful patio with a breath-taking view of the bay, and a private infinity pool. We were given the upgrade from our Pacific Sands unit (RCI Gold Crown last time I checked). There is a full kitchen, but we purchased a two meal + alcoholic drinks all inclusive, so did not do much cooking in the unit. If you are a foodie, I would recommend this. They also have packages without alcohol. Ask for the senior discount -- if you are one. The bedroom had a king sized bed, large closet, private safe, and a very nicely appointed bathroom. Comfortable living room area and another bath. About 1,000 square feet suite. Everything was upscale and lovely. The staff delivered coffee and rolls to the room every day, and every day we were left creative towel art. We felt very pampered.

Service is wonderful, if you have not been to the Pacific Resorts. They have a number of restaurants on the site, and a daily newsletter of the activities. We were two adults, but they have two large pools in the main area near the beach with lots of fun activities for the kids and adults. I took a yoga class and water arobics. Mostly we swam in the ocean as the water was warm and gentile enough when we were there. The weather was terrific. The Pacifica Aqua has its own pool, but we did not make use of it. Would come back and slip into the infinity pool I love this resort. Began owning the Pacifica Masters, then Pacifica Sands, and just upgraded into this resort. We can book into the newest Pacifica resort in Zihuatanejo overlooking Zihuatanejo Bay, and can walk down to La Ropa Beach. I think it is called the Pacifica Grande. I'm not yet seeing it on their web site, but some units are now available, and the restaurant is open. We ate there one night and enjoyed the food and the view of the bay (it was part of the package).

My only confusion was they used to have dinners shows at the Toulipannes Restaurant on the beach, so we went there one evening expecting the show but it was at the new theater. So, we had dinner and went to the tail end of the show. Apparently, at times the shows were canceled because of weather,, so they built a theater. The shows were in Spanish, but I attended the last of the Mexican Dance show and enjoyed myself. I also went for Casino night. Lots of fun, and the other guests were very friendly.

Pacifica is built along a cliff, so they have a tram to get you up to the higher levels. There are also shuttle buses. I did see a few people in wheelchairs and walkers, but you should check with the resort if you are limited in your walking ability. The roads are cobble-stoned and are not that easy to walk on.

We went on a nature walk tour at a nearby park offered at the resort. We were the only ones on the tour, but the guide was very knowledgeable, pointed out lots of birds and we enjoyed the tour. Just bring some power bars or fruit as I was starved before lunch. We used the local buses to get into Zihuatanejo with one exception, and dined along one of the local restaurants along the beach. We got off at Cinco de Miyo Street.

Frugal hint: You do not need to take a tour to Ixtapa Island. Just take the local bus down to Playa Linda, and there is a cheap ferry to the island. Lots of beach places with palapalas and food when you get there.