Lagonita Lodge

Big Bear Lake, California

Reviews of Lagonita Lodge

Big Bear Lake, California

4.1

Have you been to Lagonita Lodge lately?

By davidg1148 Oct 3, 2016

Amazing resort we have been coming to since July 4th week 2000. The lakefront location with private doc is wonderful, staff very people oriented, and the rooms are comfortable. As well, most units have amazing views of the lake. When we planned a family reunion we did it at Lagonita and had an amazing time together. Highly recommend Lagonita.

By sheri156 Jul 21, 2016

I enjoyed my stay so much I decided to buy. There is so much to do with Lagonita Lodge being by the lake in the summer time and by the ski resorts during the winter. The activity department is wonderful. There is usually something fun to do. I enjoy the indoor pool and jacuzzi alot.The views of the lake from the Bearcrest units are awesome!

By lisac335 Updated Apr 2, 2016

Nice location but a lot of the units face the interior parking lot rather than the lake. Interiors are in need of refurbishment. Units are old and musty. The good reviews are very old.

By arlene231 Updated Aug 6, 2015

I love Lagonita. I own three weeks, winter/summer. Owners are able to split time into two if they need/want to do so. So, I usually go for a long Martin Luther King weekend, arrive on Friday and leave on Tuesday. It's great. I then use the rest of that week another time.

I always go for the other weeks in August. The weather is beautiful. Kayaking is amazing. The animals are happy and plump, particularly the squirrels. I know--rats with tails, but they are SO cute. Just don't let your kids try to approach or handle them. Not a smart idea.

Jim in the resale office also is an incredible guide. He does 4-wheel tours in Lagonita's WWII Pinz. He, also, uses the Pinz when needed for search and rescue in the mountain area. He's an important member of the Big Bear search and rescue team. Nice to know, isn't it?

Lagonita is in a spectacular location. You can go into the lake right there from Lagonita's dock. Go, you'll love it. If you don't love Lagonita, I don't think you're a mountain and lake person. Choose Disneyland instead. As for me? I'll be at Lagonita.

By dianac13 Jun 28, 2010

Just returned from a week of fun and sun. This resort has something for everyone. There are scheduled games and activities for both young and old. The lake is full and the resort offers rental of kayaks, jet skis and fishing boats. There are lots of hiking trails in the surrounding mountains as well as mountain biking trails on the ski slopes during the summer. One of the best activities is to visit the Zoo at 3:00 p.m. any day as this is when the zookeeper gives a guided tour during the afternoon feeding. All those animals who might have been sleeping in a corner are now out for full viewing. Also the Big Bear Museum (near airport) has a great collection of old Big Bear memorabilia with a fully functional blacksmith shop and gold panning exhibits. You can just laze around and soak up the sun or keep busy with a multitude of fun activities.

By michele849 Updated Jul 19, 2009

We had a nice time up there.Wine n cheese the first night.Then they have a theme each day like cheap all you can eat breakfest.Root beer float night.family scavenger hunt.to keep you doing stuff.Take a buzz around the lake on the 2 story paddle boat.i think it was $20.00for an hour cruise.bar n snacks aboard.Be sure and hit that zoo,they have all the local animals bears,eagales.impressive for a little town like that.the restaraunt a 1/2 mile down the road was pretty nice also,good food steaks,average for steak house.If you have a boat it will make your trip really nice.anyways have fun n good luck.

By barbarat76 Updated Apr 22, 2008

Peaceful and picturesque. Great "things to do" offered by the resort and in the area. Boaters and fishermen will be in 7th heaven. Very comfortable and well equiped units.

By greg646 Aug 18, 2006

Lagonita offers great lake views from all but a few units. The dock is great for fishing and for the boat owners it's awesome ... a nice dock and assigned slip at no cost. Big Bear has plenty to do for families with younger kids ... lake activities, Alpine slide, a surprisingly good zoo, hiking. We have stayed at Lagonita every year for 8 years (mostly summer weeks, a few winter bonus weekends) and always have a great time.

By mia31 Jan 15, 2006

We stayed in a Bear View (lake front) the summer of 2005. We loved it. We were able to dock our bass boat below our room for no additional charge. Great facility. Boat ramp is a little tricky, but nothing patience can't overcome. The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean, modern and decorated beautifully. We are very happy. We ended up buying a unit. We are very, very happy. Great for families.

By arlene94 Apr 22, 2005

Stayed in LakeView unit. Very comfortable. Has DVD/videotape combo unit in living room. Spacious bedroom, narrow hallway kitchen with small stove/oven and small dishwasher. Full- sized refrig. Two bathrooms in our unit. Nice living room with table for meals. Lovely view of the lake. A bit odd for entry into the unit-- through the bedroom, then kitchen, to the living room, but it's fine--was just unexpected. Looking forward to our next stay.

By laurie17 Feb 23, 2005

We stayed in a Bear View unit facing the lake in the summer of 2004 and it was beautiful. The kitchen had everything we needed and the furnishings were rustic, we enjoyed the atmosphere. All the rooms have a fireplace and a deck. We didn't use the fireplace since it was summer, but we could have really used air conditioning! The one standing floor fan was not enough, and I heard other guests complaining about the heat at the front desk. The indoor pool and hot tub were real relaxing.

My family and I had come to Southern California from Alaska to go to the theme parks (it was the only trade we could make), so it wasn't very convenient for that, but the folks at the resort were wonderful! They will do anything they can to make your stay fun and enjoyable. They have a game room for the families upstairs from the pool and they even have an adult room upstairs from the lobby with a big screen TV and lending library. There is another room behind that one that has a computer and printer, and they will unlock it for you to let you use the computer anytime someone else isn't on it.

The area is fun, there is a great park that has an alpine slide, a waterslide, and mini golf. We really enjoyed it there. The weather in summer is awesome, there are more sunny days there than most places and they have a solar observatory across the lake. The village of Big Bear Lake is really neat too. We really enjoyed our week there, and supplemented our California stay with five days in a motel down by the parks for our son, which made it the perfect vacation.

By rojas Updated Jun 17, 2007

THIS A GREAT RESORT. I HAVE STAYED HERE MANY TIMES AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. IT HAS GREAT FISHING, ACTIVITIES,INDOOR POOL AND MUCH MORE. NOT FAR FROM BIG BEAR VILLAGE AND IS RIGHT ON THE LAKE. YOU'LL WANT TO TRY THIS ONE.

By margepd Updated Oct 2, 2002

This resort is great anytime of year..right on the lake..very clean and well kept..inside pool..video library,play room,and the best fishing right in front of the complex...must try this one.