Reviews of Silverleaf's Holly Lake Ranch

Big Sandy, Texas

3.5

Have you been to Silverleaf's Holly Lake Ranch lately?

By jeffm282 Nov 6, 2008

We have stayed at numerous timeshares across the country through RCI. This one was very relaxing and nice for the family. Piney woods and lake are beautiful. Many things for the kids to have fun.

By kimberly710 Updated Aug 2, 2005

Seclusion and Relaxation! I chose this resort because I wanted to visit family in Dallas, TX and Shreveport, LA and is happens to be centered approximately two hours from each. The lake is beautiful for fishing and some people even swam in it. Paddleboats, fishing equipment, bicycles and other things were available to rent at the Country Store. There was a very nice cabin turned into an exercise room with updated machines. Hiking trails were everywhere.

Our cabin was a two-bedroom/1.7 bath with full kitchen and one television. One and seven-tenths bath means whirlpool tub in the master and a shower in the second bedroom. There is not washer/dryer in the unit, but a nice laundry mat, which cost a $1 for each to use.

Being deep in the woods, at night I can hear all kinds of noises, but it wasn't hard to fall into a deep sleep. I had an encounter with Texas Wood Ants drilling a hole in my bedroom, but maintenance came out right away late at night and sprayed. Surely, they were coming in to stay dry because during the week I was there it rained almost everyday. Some units didn't even have cable, because of a tornado that hit the area a few days earlier. VCRs and movies are available to rent from the recreation center if your unit doesn't have one. The recreation center had planned activities throughout the day and had a snack bar.

There was a very nice swimming pool near us and another one near the Country Store and lake. Watch out for the ducks, because they roam free in the road. My daughter even got a picture of them sitting in the road. One even laid an egg! There was also a miniature golf course, basketball court, archery, and horseback riding available.

By socalgun Aug 5, 2003

The resort is gated with security access. There are children's activities with ammenities of mini golf, shuffle board, archery, and game room. A nice 18 hole golf course with complimentary membership during your visit with 2 daily shotgun tee times but not open daily.

The resort is older and our unit had to bombed for bugs during our stay, very inconvienient. We would not re-visit due to this incident.