The Villas at Fairway

Bushkill, Pennsylvania

Reviews of The Villas at Fairway

Bushkill, Pennsylvania

3.2

Have you been to The Villas at Fairway lately?

By anne1125 Oct 8, 2005

We stayed in a 3 bedroom in Oct. 2006 and WOW! It was beautiful. Soooo big, clean and everything in perfect condition. The master bedroom has a fireplace, large jacuzzi, sauna and large bathroom. Also, a hugh closet and big TV.

The kitchen is hugh. There's a table and chairs outside the kitchen on one side and a beautiful dinning room table on the other.

Magnificent.

Anne

By saabirah1 Updated Feb 20, 2005

We stayed in a two bdrm. unit in April and November, 2004. Both experiences were horrible. We only went back in November after receiving a letter from the manager that things would be better if/when we returned. Well, when we returned, I actually went back to checkin 4 times requesting to be changed. Each unit left a lot to be desired. I was almost ready to spend the night in my van. It was much cleaner than the units we saw. This resort has really gone down, depsite the high maintenance fees of over $600.00.

Now, if you can get a 3 bdrm. unit, you won't be as disappointed. There is a drastic difference between these units.

So, if you go there, don't unpack when you arrive at the unit. Leave everything in the car, go inside and checkout the place, especially the bathroom. The ones we saw were in bad shape with mildew stains, dirty shower stalls, etc.

Also, the carpets were all filthy! What a waste.

By lori813 Jan 25, 2005

MY FAMILY AND I STAYED HERE BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR'S AND WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED. THEY STUCK US IN AN EFFICIENCY (WHICH IS UNDER THE NICER 2 AND 3BR UNITS SO YOU HEAR ALL THE NOISE ABOVE YOU) IT WAS COLD AND THE WINDOWS WERE PRETTY CRAPPY AND NOT VERY EFFICIENT CONSIDERING THIS IS A POPULAR WINTER DESTINATION AND IT GETS COLD. THERE ARE 2 INDOOR POOLS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HEATED, BUT WELL, MY KIDS WOULDN'T EVEN GO IN THEM (NEED I SAY MORE) THE ON-SITE RESTAURANTS WERE PITIFUL. THEY DID HAVE A GAME ROOM THAT WAS GREAT FOR THE KIDS. I GAVE AN EXTRA STAR FOR CLOSENESS TO LOTS OF ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING NEW SNOW TUBING ON-SITE) AND ONLY 1.5 HRS TO NYC. WOULDN'T GO BACK

By simpsondm Mar 2, 2004

Excellent accomodation superb on site facilities even a courtesy bus My only gripe is that they have hiked up the golf charges this year . How ever I am still going tospend two weeks vacation here this summer.

By fhp1136 Oct 3, 2003

The best word we can find to describe the facility is seedy. The facilities are time worn. We found two cock roaches in the kitchen. Some of the facia board on the outside is rotted. There was a bird's nest in an attic space that the birds reached through a rotted board in the siding.

The golf course is rather well maintained. It is a public course, and compares well with most public courses.

The front desk provides much frustration. I talked with an owner who said it took her two hours to check in. The check-in process is much too slow. It did not take me two hours, but it was a much longer than I have ever experienced in any kind of resort, hotel or motel.

We did not eat in any of the dining facilities. The general unease we felt about the other facilities caused us to decide against trying our luck in any of the restaurants.

There is much to see and do in the area, so we had a good week off-site.

The check-out process was fast, except I had to wait much to long while those in front of me were checking in.

By okgilcho May 10, 2003

The resort has 2 BR units and 3 BR units (relatively few). The 2 BR units are good (my rating of 7/10). But the 3 BR units are out of this world (my rating of 9.5/10). The previous review refers to the 3 BR unit. They are so much better than even Hiltons and Marriotts. If you want to rent here, make sure you get a 3 BR or pay a lot less for the 2 BR unit. The 3 BR unit has a sauna and an island kitchen. The 2 BR has neither.

By past44 Mar 16, 2003

We have been Trading our Timeshare to go to other locales for about 8 years. This was by far the nicest unit we have ever stayed in. It is spacious,clean and above all else a very romantic setting with a glassed -in two sided fireplace. On one side of the fireplace is a king bed and on the other side a huge Jacuzzi. With ample room for two large or even very large adults! Step out of the Jacuzzi and into your own private sauna right in the master bedroom also.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!