Capistrano Surfside Inn

Capistrano Beach, California

Reviews of Capistrano Surfside Inn

Capistrano Beach, California

4.1

Have you been to Capistrano Surfside Inn lately?

By michaelc1174 Updated Mar 22, 2016

Love this resort. Low key property right across the street from the beach. EZ access to San Clemente, Dana Point, Laguna Beach and Newport. Freeway close or take the train down to San Diego, up to LA or to Disneyland.

Units are spacious with private bedroom and bathroom, and a private balcony to BBQ on or watch the amazing sunsets.

Staff in very friendly and competent. Would highly recommend.

By msweet Nov 29, 2012

Great resort in the middle of Beach Cities. Beach across the street and Dana Point up the road along with San Clemente etc. Wonderful location and very nice units. The Coaster train goes behind the hotel as it does every hotel along the CA coast- that's why it's called the Coaster! We have several timeshares on the CA coast and I don't even notice the Coaster. This is a great place to explore southern CA for not much $$ per night and very close to everything. Love it and the staff.

By arlene199 Jun 6, 2012

We stayed at this resort during Memorial day and had a great time. We had a 2 bedroom ocean front unit with beautiful view of the beach and campfires at night it was great. There is a railroad track that can be noisy if you are on the balcony but it's part of the ambiance. Our grandson loved seeing the train and the loud horn. The double paned glass door and windows did an excellent job blocking the sound when you are inside.

The staff is so friendly and helpful and I can't think of a thing I needed that wasn't there. The resort is smaller and family friendly. We are looking forward to returning to the Surfside Inn.

By laurie17 Updated Jan 11, 2009

I couldn't disagree more with anything negative that has been said about this resort and I truly believe that some people are very hard to please. It is in a Wonderful location, the master bedroom has a King size bed, and the other bedroom has a queen. They are in the process of replacing all of the furnishings in all of the rooms (last summer they had two finished), but we as an association cannot afford to do it all at one time. I have a wonderful time when we go there............it is only about 45 minutes to Disneyland and an hour to San Diego. The wi-fi is absolutely free, we used it every day of the two weeks we stayed there last summer.

It is a wonderful resort with the best staff imaginable. Great ocean views, it's so nice to listen to the waves and lots to do in the area.

Free bikes, video tapes, wi-fi, parking (underground) and lending library. Lounge with big screen TV and free pool table. Great outdoor hot tub and pool with view of the ocean......... we LOVE it and can't wait to go back to our home on the ocean!!

By donm115 Updated Nov 9, 2008

This resort has been classified as an Interval Premier (5 Star) property however, I would rate it closer to 2 star hotel. It does not have the location or ammenities that would justify being refered to as a resort. The units are badly in need of new carpet and furnishings. The location is across the street from the ocean but a train track between the hotel and the beach is heavly travelled by an Amtrak train at all hours of the night.

The property charges $30 per week for internet access and the master bedroom has a double sized bed instead of a king size bed normally found in 5 star resorts.

Extremely disappointed with the property and would definitely not trade for here again.

By shirleenb Sep 9, 2007

A very nice getaway. Hearing and looking at the ocean waves, is very relaxing. Swimming in the waves is exhilerating.

Resort is clean and spacious.

A home away from home, but at the beach.

I loved it. I will be back again.