Beach Island Resort

Cocoa Beach, Florida

Timeshare reviews at Beach Island Resort

Cocoa Beach, Florida

By donnachristian Oct 6, 2005

Beach Island Resort is not really a "resort" as they do not offer any activities but it is a great place to relax and get some peace and privacy. We were there in May and my kids had the pool to themselves. The unit was clean and cozy...excellent views of the ocean. We saw a launch from Cape Canaveral and it is close to lots of good restaurants and a little over an hour to Orlando...Perfect! Nice and quiet while you watch your kids go to the beach without worrying about elevators and crowds. I'd go back anytime.

By silverpen38 Aug 23, 2005

This is a small resort located directely on the beach with beautiful grounds in a quiet residential area. That is the only good thing it has going for it. It is a very old (1950's) one story hotel conversion last updated probably in the early 1970's. The one bedroom unit I had was very small with the double bed touching both walls of the bedroom. The bathroom was one of the smallest I've ever seen. It contained a stand up shower approximately 3' x 3' and only 6' high. The toilet was located less than 8" (I measured it) away from the shower and the corner sink was 12" in front of the toilet. There is no place to put any toiletries as the towels are stacked on top of the toilet. The kitchen and living areas were combined and the size was OK for a one bedroom.

Although the unit was spotless, you could tell major maintenance issues have been neglected. The units have the original 1950's windows and doors which do not operate very well and the laundry area is not somewere you want to visit for very long. The resort seems to cater to an older (70+) visitor who either own their or come back to visit yearly. It was not for us and we did not stay. If you are under 60 or taller than 5'7", you might want to try staying at another resort.