Melia Vacation Club at Melia Tropical

Bavaro, Dominican Republic

Timeshare reviews at Melia Vacation Club at Melia Tropical

Bavaro, Dominican Republic

By jeri14 Updated Oct 28, 2006

I go to the Melia almost evey year in Jan./Feb. and obviously, I like it there. I love the beach that feels like talcum powder, I love the water, which is always so warm and clean. It is an all inclusive, which I don't mind at all. They have many different restaurants to choose from so you could eat dinner at a different place every night. Now, you either love or hate it, but we have never had any sickness nor problems while on vacation there. I use bottled water for everything, including brushing my teeth. they supply you with enough water in the room. they also use bottled water to cook with, they are always carrying them across the grounds to different places. The food is decent, not 5 star but you are in a foreign country and alot of Americans do not go there. It is mostly Canadians, Germans and a few others. I just recently received an email that they have increased the price of the all inclusive due to, among other reasons, to the changes that the resort has made with the purpose of taking it to the highest level the service of offering restaurants and bars, which in this case, some remodelling has been made in all the restaurants, including Chinese, Mexican, French, Italian and Japanese kitchen, in addition to the Bar Avenue, a concept of an open and cosmopolitan bar. The rooms may need to be updated slightly, but the beds are comfortable and it is clean.

The grounds are immaculate with flamingo and peacock around all the time. gorgeous pool area with plenty of chairs.

When I go on vacation, I just enjoy myself and not worry about the small stuff.

By pattysobc Updated Oct 24, 2003

We own timeshare at the Melia Tropical Caribe in Punta Cana. We've been to several all- inclusive resorts in Mexico such as (Moon Palace, Cancun Palace, Grand Oasis, Crown Princess Club), Jamacia (Cibony) and Dominican Republic Puerto Plata (Allegro/Grand Flemenco). This resort was by far, the nicest resort we've ever visited. We talked about timeshare and did not want to commit to one resort. However, after staying at the Melia Tropical Caribe three years ago, we decided it was well worth the investment. We have a suite that sleeps 6. The rooms are nice, the restaurants are fantastic (11 to choose from). You can't go wrong here unless you prefer small resorts. This resort is huge it's actually two resorts in one. We are very happy with our timeshare at the Melia Tropical.