Fantasy Island Resort II

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida

Reviews of Fantasy Island Resort II

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida

3.1

Have you been to Fantasy Island Resort II lately?

By frankb86 Mar 7, 2016

Great location, nice size rooms, great view from the balcony, friendly staff, very well maintained inside and outside.

By michaelc1347 Jul 9, 2014

This is an older resort, but the staff are competent and extremely friendly. They made every effort to accommodate us from the moment we arrived and greeted my children with sand buckets and popsicles. Each night my boys would return to the lobby and the kind women would rush to the back to get them popsicles. The resort is older but clean and well taken care of. We loved the full kitchen and having a grill outside to cook meals for our family. This is not an upscale resort. As I mentioned it is older, but the location is second to none. Daytona Beach is extremely clean and it was easy to walk to the back of the resort, through the gated pool area, and down the steps to the beach. We can’t wait to return. The people who work at the front desk and the maintenance crew take great pride in their job. Because there are two resorts (Fantasy Island Resort I and II) guests are welcome to use either pool, which are side by side. This resort is also out of the busy traffic of Daytona Beach, just down A1A a bit, but close enough to enjoy the sights and night life Daytona Beach has to offer. Loved our family vacation here and we plan to return.

By donb301 Feb 9, 2012

My wife & I stayed at Fantasy Island Resort II just before Christmas 2011. The desk people were very helpful and other guests quite friendly. Met some real personable people while at the pool and hot tub. The full kitchen worked great in saving money on meals and there are several reasonably priced restaurants close by. The ocean is beautiful and the roaring surf was very relaxing to listen to in the evening, whether on the deck or lying in bed. People wanting all the amenities & trimmings of an expensive resort or the might be disappointed, but we loved it and hope to return soon.

By eileen210 Updated Jan 9, 2012

I was there September, 2011. I made a big mistake by booking through RCI with my BlueGreen points. I visited before I booked (I live elsewhere in Florida) and was shown a very nice 2/2 Oceanfront room that would have been ideal for we 4 senior citizens. Instead, I wound up with a 2/1 'Oceanview' (read 'skinny' balcony on the side). I tried to get satisfaction through BlueGreen, RCI, and Jeanne the manager, but was repeatedly told "tough", in a barely civil manner. They only guarantee the 2 bedrooms, not the 2 baths. If 2 of our party had not had medical issues it might not have been a problem. But it was, and the stay for two of us was cut short 6 days. What a waste of our time and points. On my previous visit I was given a long list of units for sale by the very competent young man on the front desk. When I spoke to Jeanne on the phone she denied having ANY units for sale. I never saw her in person. The Good: a maintenance man responded within an hour to replace the broken remote. The new girl on the front desk was excellent. One of the most personable people you could ever hope to meet. The unit was very clean and large. The Bad: towels were fraying. and you had to go through multiple steps to get to the beach. My brother-in-law recovering from back surgery could not go there for a walk. The Ugly: RCI and Jeanne's bad attitude. She is solely responsible for the one star rating.

By davida512 Mar 6, 2011

MY wife and I just spent two and 1/2 days there. We were suppose to spend 7 days there, but we couldn't stand the heat and humidity. When we were checking in the check-in clerk told me that the air conditioning was not working, but the air conditioning company was there and it would be fixed immediately. We never saw anyone come into fix the air conditioning that day on Saturday.

Then on Sunday night that same clerk told my wife and I that the air conditioning company was going to come to our unit on Monday and fix it. So we decided to leave and go to the mall so that we wouldn't be in the way. I informed the clerk that we were leaving and the service man could just go in and fix the air conditioning while we were gone. We came back on Monday afternoon and saw that the closet with air conditioner door had been closed it was open when we left. We thought that the serviceman must have been there since the door was closed. We couldn't feel any cold air coming out of the vents. It was so hot and humid that you broke into sweat just sitting watching television. We couldn't sleep it was so hot so we decided to move out on Tuesday morning. I lost 4 and 1/2 days of vacation because it was unbearable.

By roberta754 May 17, 2010

I have been a member here for several years and own several timeshares throughout Florida with my family. I've stayed at many levels of time shares and found this resort to have a home-like atmosphere. The resort is kept neat and clean and up to date, leaving out the unnecessaries found in the higher end resorts. The resort attracts a friendly crowd of guests who will converse with each other and not claim grounds to "their" poolside location. All in all a great place to stay if you plan on getting out during the day to see the sights and attractions, then surrender to comfort at night.

By powderrest Updated Aug 11, 2004

While this is not a gold grown resort it is clean comfortable and spacious. The oceanfront two bedroom units are unusually nice, because they run parallel to the beach so your great room and the master bedroom both have large sliding glass doors with fabulous right- on-the-beach views. Most places make 'skinny' balconies so that most rooms can be called beachside. These beachside units are fabulous. You'll sit on the balcony and marvel at the view and the salt air and you'll ask your wife to pinch you to make sure you're not dreaming.

Facility has updated pool & deck and hot tub, with several gas grills for burgers and dogs. You're right on the beach although this area of Daytona has a seawall with steps to get down to the beach. Beach is very long and expansive, with white sand and nice shallow surf for kids to play in. Note that this is where you can drive on the beach so be aware of that. (One benefit: Ice cream man goes up and down, plus there are chair, umbrella and dune buggy and golf cart rental vendors about) The bech speed limit is strongly enforced at 5MPH so it's not really a problem. (I've seen them giving out tickets! You can't drive all over also, it's just a skinny road that all traffic has to stay within.

Daytona has lots of stuff to do with the speedway and typical beach stuff like mini golf, amusements, etc. My 17 year old tried these race cars that go 0-60mph in 3 seconds. A thrill of a lifetime. Daytona also just made this cool band shell and they have free concerts and events there. Restaurants abound (check out "Bubba Gump Shrimp Compay" -- Great fun)

Greatest benefit for us (as we have 5&6 year old "Disney Princeses") is that this is in my opinion the best way to do the disney scene. Stay a week at the beach, for the fun, sun and relaxation, and head into the orlando madness for a day, then take a relaxing beach day the day afterwords to regroup. Two days in a row at disney can be harmful to your family sanity. We stay a week and get like a 3- 4 day park hopper pass and alternate beach and disney days. Orlando is like 45 miles via interstate. It makes for a great vacation. We've done this two years in a row now, and we'll probably do it until they 'graduate' from Mickey and Cinderella.

This place can be the center point of a wonderful family vacation. Enjoy

By chieflawdawg Jan 24, 2003

Have stayed at this resort three(3) times. Twice in ocean front and once in ocean view. All rooms are great and modern. First floor, ocean front room was the largest condo that I have ever stayed. It was nice to wald out of the patio doors right out to the pool.

Far enough south that you are not bothered by all of the "downtown" traffic, but plenty to do right around resort. Red Lobster and IHOP right across the street. Nice place.

By dklisowsky Dec 29, 2002

This is an older resort - probably a conversion. The curb appeal was non existant and there were few if any services provided by the resort.

On the plus side, we had a one bedroom on the ocean side - second floor that was in good shape - well maintained with a large kitchen and of course, the ocean view.

If you're used to Gold Crown resorts you'd likely be disappointed - but the accomodation's definitely much better than any hotel room.

As for Daytona Beach - aside from the beach and the speedway and a world class flea market - I can't recommend it.