The Harborside Inn

Edgartown, Massachusetts

Reviews of The Harborside Inn

Edgartown, Massachusetts

3.4

Have you been to The Harborside Inn lately?

By shawna158 Mar 7, 2014

I have owned my timeshare here for 10 years. My week is in June two weeks prior to the busy season on the Vineyard. It is a slice of heaven to be able to relax and rejuvenate while on vacation. You never have to wait in line for a restaurant and the beaches are never crowded. If you have never been to Martha's Vineyard it should be on your bucket list!

By mickieh2 Updated Sep 8, 2013

My friend and I recently spent three nights as renters in the Harborside Inn. Having never been to Martha's Vineyard before, I guess I was expecting a relaxing time in a quaint location. I was not prepared for the onslaught of overpriced designer shops and wall-to-wall people. Not my cup of tea!

As far as the Inn itself, it was pleasant enough, but frankly, not worth the price. As a renter, there were very few amenities, not even a coffeemaker in the room. This is standard fare for hotel rooms. The staff did put out pots of coffee around 7:00AM, but I am an early riser and love to sip morning coffee on the balcony before getting dressed, so I paid a high price to have less than I have at home.

These are not true condos. There is a communal kitchen for owners only. I can only imagine that it is an inconvenience for owners, and an expensive proposition for renters, being left in the cold to pay the ridiculously high prices of the local restaurants.

We had a pleasant, but not fantastic view of the harbor. Some of the units face out on South Water Street, which would, in my view, be unacceptable for the price. The hot tub was not available when we were there. The pool is rather small and overrun with kids. (I don't dislike kids, but my own are grown, and we have no grandchildren, so I am in a unique time of life...) Once again, big bucks for less than we have at home.

I "dinged" them on sleep comfort because the neighbor's air conditioner was loud and kept me awake at night, in spite of having the windows closed. The bed was amazingly comfortable, however, and the unit was kept immaculately clean.

The staff comes highly recommended. They were friendly, accommodating and helpful.

The people we met, mostly owners, were, for the most part, friendly. Many have been coming to the Harborside for years and love it. There were a couple of family reunions taking place when we were there.

All in all, not a bad experience, but not worth the money. I doubt if I'll be back.

By beaglemom3 Updated Jul 1, 2004

The Harborside Inn on Edgartown Harbor, Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts is ideally located for exploring the island. It's accessible by ferry and small planes. There are daily trips between Nantucket Island & M.V. as well. The Inn is a hotel-type resort set on a quaint street in the most (my opinion) picturesque town on the island. The resort is a restored & expanded 18th century whaling captain's house and the rooms are nicely decorated in this period style.The hotel rooms vary in size and location. It is convenient to all shops, restaurants, transportation, beaches, etc. A scant 2-3 block walk will take you to several restaurants, movie theatre, drug store and bike rental .There is a large & spotless communal kitchen with sufficient , individual stoves, refrigs and microwaves. A small grocery store is within walking distance and a larger A&P is walkable, however, the island hop on/off bus would be better if carrying groceries. Burdick's Chocolatiers are located directly next door and it is wonderful for fine pastries, coffee, juices and cocoa. The Inn staff is courteous, helpful & professional. A ferry ride is required to bring your car over and ferry reservations are required. Bringing your car is not necessary as the island bus is economical, tour buses & taxis abound and there are car rentals on island.You can leave your car safely "on the other side" (Falmouth) and take the ferry. Bring your bike if you'd like.The Inn provides free parking (a great commodity in Edgartown). Boat slips are available for owners on a reserved basis.What the Inn might lack in room size, it makes up in location, location, location!