Captain's Quarters at Surfside

Falmouth, Massachusetts

Reviews of Captain's Quarters at Surfside

Falmouth, Massachusetts

4.2

Have you been to Captain's Quarters at Surfside lately?

By garyr124 Sep 6, 2010

This is the third time we have stayed at Captain's Quarters, and I think that we enjoy it more each time. To be clear, the facility itself will never be confused with a Four Seasons, and the beach is nothing like one in the Caribbean, but it is clean, the service is great, and the location is hard to beat. My grandaughter loves the pool, the beach right across the street, the grassy area where you can fly a kite, and the many ice cream, mini golf, etc. places within a short drive. My son loved fishing with his friend on a boat located just a mile or so away and using the jacuzzi in the room. My daughter likes the pool, beach, and going to have a few drinks and watching a ball game at the British Beer Works just 2 blocks away. My wife and I like the beautiful Shining Sea bike path that is just a few miles away, the ferry to Martha's Vineyard about 1/2 mile away, as well as going to Cape Cod baseball league games at night. We soon will be booking a week next summer at Captains Quarters.

By lilyh4 Feb 1, 2009

Great area of Falmouth. We stayed in a one bedroom at Captain's and was disappointed with the living space. I might as well have rented a studio. It did have a very nice size bedroom with its fireplace and whirlpool tub. Public beach across the street was crowded. Major parking issue too. In Falmouth I would choose either Surfside or Beachside Village.

By lebrains Jul 14, 2006

We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit. The resort ammenities and unit features were nice, except the bedroom was huge (with whirl pool bath and fireplace) while the kitchen/living/pull out sofa area small which would have made it quite uncomfortable for 4 people. The dining room table was 24" x 24" and had two chairs. For more than 2 adults, a 2 bedroom unit is recommended. Having the beach accross the street was convenient, but very crouded at times. Down town/restaurants are only a 35 min walk through pleasant neighborhoods (the back way) lined with cottages and beautiful flowers. Matha's Vinyard ferry is about 1/2 way to town.

By palber Sep 8, 2003

Wonderfully located close to downtown Falmouth and right across the street from a free beach. There is also a private pool. We enjoyed our stay. If you go plan to eat at the British Beer Company, just a block away!

By karenj Feb 28, 2003

Location is fabulous. We stayed in a 1 bedroom. My only "complaint" is that the kitchen/livingroom/diningroom combination is small -- easily only 1/2 the size of the bedroom, which is large and very comfortable. I would probably not stay here again unless I was able to rent a 2 bedroom (we are a family of 4 and found the 1 bedroom a bit cramped). But this is a very nice resort.