Coconut Bay Resort

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Timeshare reviews at Coconut Bay Resort

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

By jackr23 Updated Jan 30, 2014

Coconut Bay is a great location only 1 block from the ocean and close to restaurants, etc. They have upgraded their internet service to work from your unit. Still use hard room keys which is a security risk.

By scottm277 Jan 17, 2012

Great location, I am surprised that no developer has snatched this thing up and put a high-rise on it. The pool is super warm, almost like a hot tub but not quite, does wonders on the joints.

The units are a little out of date but I peeked into a few that looked like they were more modern. Otherwise the stuff was clean and the beds had new mattresses, I saw them replacing a whole bunch of them while i was there.

There are some great little bars/restos right on the other side of the hedge and a 7-eleven as well in case you run out of any drinks etc.

The wireless situation is a little less than ideal but my unit was near the office so it came in just fine.

For the money its pretty good value seeing as how its about 1 block from the ocean.

By davida512 Feb 12, 2010

We stayed from 1-30-10 to 2-6-10. Found the timeshare to be clean . We enjoyed the close proximity to Atlantic ocean.

Found the bed to be painfull. The King size bed has lost it's usefullness. I actually dreaded going to bed. Couldn't stay in bed for more than 3 to 4 hours before my back would tighten up. It was so bad that I went to Walmart and bought a soft mattress cover to get relief.

The bathroom was also substandard.

By ralphb39 Updated Dec 30, 2009

best time in fla heated pool great fishing !!!

By teresav7 Feb 2, 2009

i stayed at the resort for the week of jan9 to 17th realy nice place nice unit pool and area very tropical nice and clean.

By chriskre Dec 9, 2008

Actually as I am writing this I am staying here for a week. Picked up an extra stay on Interval and decided to try out the place. Although I own in Fort Lauderdale Beach resort across the street this place has always intrigued me. It is pleasantly nice. It's a smaller resort of only 3 floors but it does have an elevator in the 3 floor building and the units are nicely updated. Are they brand new? No but kept in great condition. Nicely professionally decorated and it shows. I felt like I was staying in a model for a developer. The use of space in these small apartments is incredible. There are 2 nice big closets in the bedroom of this 1 bedroom. It also has a full bath and a half bath. You'd never know there was enough room for a half bath but somehow they got it in the space and also an extra closet to boot. I'm totally amazed at the architect who designed the space and layout of these units. My only gripe is that the enclosed screened balcony has a wall that is too high to see out at the view of the Intracoastal when you are sitting down. You have to be 7 feet tall to see over that wall when seated. I'm 5'3" so no view for me. The breeze is great though. Shopping is very close by and you probably should have a car to enjoy this area fully. I'm here for the boat parade so hopefully we'll have a nice view from our resort. It's not 5 stars stay at Beach place by Marriott for that but the location and place can't be beat for the price.

By fainag Updated Mar 28, 2008

We just came back from our vacation in Ft.Lauderdale. We stayed at this hotel/time share rental from March 8-14,2008. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. I was lucky to find this resort. The location is great(one block from the beach and all the major attractions on A1A, shopping is nearby and LAs Olas Blvd is about 10 min ride by car(you do need a car if you want to see the area).We rented the room from someone who owns the time share but could not go because of school.I dont regret a bit. The room was clean(we had a one bedroom), the kitchen has everything you need(supermarket is about 1 mile from this hotel to get food).The pool area and the area near the hotel is well kept. The staff was helpfull when we had questions. It's good for families, it's a quiet resort, no loud noise or music was heard. THe only strange thing that we have found(but again I've never stayed at time share before) was that they only changed towels once during our stay and beach towels were only given to you once and you had to wash them yourlself(but it wasnt a major deal).THe room that we had was conveniently located, hte building had an elevator(for us it was a major concern b/c we had a straller(we were travelling with a baby). I can just say that your satisfaction depends on your expectations. If you are expecting a 5-star hotel-this is not it, you should book Sheraton or Hilton 1 mile from there. THis is a decent, quiet resort where a family can have a good time. HOpe this helps.

By francesca17 Dec 28, 2007

We are timeshare owners here and having stayed in Weston and up at Pompano, we would rather be here! Ok, it is not the Hilton, but there is something to be said about small and quiet. The pool is warm and never crowded. The rooms are clean and larger than some we have stayed at! It is not "new" but they update evey several years. If there is anything wrong you tell them and they fix it. We had a broken coffee caraf and the microwave didn't work - they replaced both. The staff is friendly and will work with you if you ask. Located between the beach and the intercoastal, you get a breeze without being sand blasted. Yet, within walking distance of a lot.

By raynat2 Updated Jul 31, 2007

We had a great time staying here. It is super close to everything, including the wonderful state park, the Galleria, and the beach. The rooms were newly decorated when we first stayed there and have been updated twice more since (I guess people are really hard on furniture that isn't their own!) It was comfortable and very spacious. Would be great for entertaining, if you can find time to hang out on the INside! :) My spouse took diving lessons at the pool, then they tok him out for the ocean dive later. Much quieter than some other places we have stayed at in Florida. And we enjoyed sitting on the upper balcony walkway while eating so we could "people watch" and enjoyed the view and weather. Highly recommended for families because of the spacious 2 bedroom amenities. Calling for access to your lockbox is a lot easier than another big resort (which shall remain unnamed) where we must call then wait outside for someone to come open the office! We like Coconut Bay's lockbox system MUCH better. Plus the staff was great; very friendly and helpful during our stay.

By robert2985 Nov 21, 2006

I was quite pleased with the location. It was in walking distance to the beach. I stayed in a unit overlooking the pool. The room looked recently renovated and the staff was friendly. I stayed the 1st week in January and the pool was nice and warm and the Jacuzzi was great.

Resturants and a car rental place was near by. I had rented a car at the airport but didn't need one as everything I needed was in walking distance. I took the water taxi to downtown Ft. Lauderdale. My overall stay was quiet and relaxing.

By shirley768 Updated Apr 4, 2006

I am a timeshare owner and exchanged my week to stay at this resort in April 2005. The location was good however, the resort, furnishings and plumbing are very old and tired. The bedroom furniture was actually quite nice, however the sofa bed in the livingrom was dated and not comfortable at all. The unit was reasonably clean, however the air-conditioner vents were extremely dirty. We did complain and the staff did clean the vents the same day. Did not care for all of the sticky roach traps situated throughout the unit.

There is a great Sushi Restaurant a few blocks away and the food was fantastic. Actually, there is an abundance of restaurants in the area. Location was great for the Swap Shop and Galleria Mall on Sunrise and ofcourse, the Festival Flea Market in Pompano. There also is a grocery store around the corner which was great for picking up a few groceries, prior to checking in.

I would recommend this resort if you are looking for basic, no frills accommodations. Don't expect any assistance with your luggage or groceries. Not great, if you are on the second floor walk-up.

If your flight arrives in the evening, be prepared for special check-in instructions because the office staff has banker's hours on check-in days, and you have a lock-box left on your door knob. But, you first have to use a special phone to get access to your lock-box key. What a hassle!!!

By simpsondm Updated Feb 26, 2004

Excellent situation close to the beach, the Mall, and within walking distance of a variety of very good restaurants. We stayed in December and the pool was very well heated . The accommodation a two bedroom two bathroom was excellent.

By martincwhite Jun 18, 2003

This place has a nice pool with Friendly lower blue collar guests . Staff was not friendly at all the facility is very dated and elevators were not working while there.very diappointing units pictures actually look great in comparison everthig is covered with formica and materials on floor sofas and drapes look kike they Have Been there sence 1950

By jimshamptonnh Jan 27, 2003

we had freinds that stay there while we stayed across the street at 909 breakers ave we thought it was as good quilty place and kitchen was good to entertain. great veiws of the boats and itercostal waterways not as crowed as the big hotels. i'am planning to stay there soon. good location!

By pwrshift Dec 22, 2002

This is a converted motel, located between the Galleria Mall and the Ocean. Rooms and furnishings are not first class but it is a quiet resort and quite well managed. I owned a 1 bdrm suite here, weeks 7 & 8, and enjoyed it, but don't expect a Gold Crown or 5-Star resort, although affiliated with both RCI and II.

By mike0917 Updated Oct 2, 2002

Close to many bars and restaurants, nice pool. Walk to the beach. Not the newest place, but well kept.