Marina Bay Resort

Fort Walton Beach, Florida

Reviews of Marina Bay Resort

Fort Walton Beach, Florida

3.2

Have you been to Marina Bay Resort lately?

By litarc Updated Oct 22, 2007

We stayed in October of 2007 in a 1 br/studio lockout. The best way to put the room is it served its purpose--a place to sleep. I've been to several resorts in FL now and this one was by far the worst. I read the maintenance fees are in excess of 800 dollars but I have no idea where it goes. Certainly not into renovating the rooms. They were clean and everything was functional but just old small and outdated. They have not replaced the furniture or carpet in many a years. My husband is used to our 50in plasma with surround sound so it about killed him to watch movies on the small 20in that was dark with poor coloring. We had to switch it out with the tv in the br. The kitchen and the bathroom had vitually no counter space. What I guessed was the studio portion had a uncomfortable pull out sofa and a rickety set of bunk beds. The king in the mbr was comfy enough. Nice balconys. There was no housekeeping service or even linen exchange. You had to go to the linen room to exchange it yourself during limited days and hours. If you stay here its definately for what the Destin area offers as opposed to the resort itself.

As for the area you'll love it for the beaches which are clean with sand like snow. We happened to be there during "red tide" which I had no idea of at first and thought it was an alien invasion or something. It's an excess of dead algae in the ocean water that causes respiratory irritation. I'm used to the dirty beaches in Virginia Beach where I live so their beaches are like being in the carribean.

There are lots of restaurants to choose from and a couple of nice shopping options nearby-- Destin Commons and the outlet stores. So try the nicer resorts in Destin 1st (Marina Bay is in Fort Walton Beach) but this one will do if you really want to visit this area.

By johnny45 Aug 5, 2005

stayed march of 2005. unit was clean, great view of the bay. nice balconies and bedrooms. friendly staff. worst thing was kitchen is very small but everything worked fine. beautiful area with lots to do.

By ghhww Nov 18, 2004

Great Location ! Nice Resort and very friendly staff ! Just a nice place to stay for a week and I love the Marina and being on the Water

By hight Updated Aug 26, 2004

My wife and I checked into a studio unit Aug. 14, 2004. Although we tried, we were unable to get a second room by ours so my brother and his wife were given a one BR unit. Both units were recently painted and carpets cleaned. The rooms were very nice. The check- in could not have been more efficient. The staff was very friendly, and gave correct directions to restaurants and places to shop. Even though we had no children with us, the ones we saw seemed to be having a swell time.

Two problems were repaired in one hr.

The maintenance crew was constanly busy dressing the grounds. The picnic areas were well kept.

Don't miss the STAFF restaurant. Get there in time to take in the history of the family after reading it on the menu.

Good reasonably price golf at the two courses of Ft. Walden city. It is north on state hiway 189.

Very good beach over the bridge. Get easy directions at the front desk.

The pool is nice and clean as well as the extra sun deck.

By allthatshimmers Jan 29, 2004

I STAYED AT THIS RESORT JANUARY 2004.I HAD A 1 BEDROOM/1 BATH UNIT.THE BEST AND MAYBE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS RESORT WAS THE VIEW OF THE MARINA/GULF.I HAD AN UPSTAIRS UNIT.THE CONDO WAS DIRTY,VERY ORDINARY.THE FURNISHINGS WERE ORDINARY AS WELL.IT LOOKED OLD AND WORN OUT.THE HALLWAY WAS DARK AND QUITE UNINVITING.THE STOVE WAS SLANTED AND KEPT ROCKING,THE REFRIGERATOR MADE WEIRD SOUNDS.THERE WERE HARDLY ANY DISHES AND SILVERWARE TO USE.THE KITCHEN SINK LEAKED AND KEPT DRIPPING.THE SHOWER WAS HORRIBLE AND COULD NOT BE ADJUSTED.THE PLACE WAS NOT CARED FOR.....AND THE FRONT DESK STAFF WAS NOT TOO FRIENDLY OR HELPFUL.I THINK MOTEL 6 WOULD BE AN IMPROVEMENT.

By sem Jan 11, 2003

We stayed here in March. Had a 1 bedroom unit. Was ok, nothing wonderful. Older motel complex with many styles of units. Kinds of miss matched, but the people were very nice.