Skyline Ranch Resort

Front Royal, Virginia

Reviews of Skyline Ranch Resort

Front Royal, Virginia

3.8

Have you been to Skyline Ranch Resort lately?

By davone Updated Jul 27, 2009

Over several years now, I've stayed at dozens of high-dollar resorts and hotels, and I find that this is one of the greatest resort locations available. About an hour from all of the free museums, monuments and beautiful architecture of Washington DC, Skyline Ranch has a lot to offer. I really love the warmth and the rustic feel of this place. I also love that it is not a corporate giant of a resort, which makes for easier means of getting around, shorter lines, and less activity fees than many resorts. While you're there, be sure to take a day trip to quaint Berkeley Springs, WV and sceninc Harpers Ferry a little more than an hour north- sparkling clean & gorgeous country!

Especially for the outdoor-activity type and for those who love natural settings, you can't do much better than Shenandoah Valley in the Appalachian Mountains. When you get a chance, check this place out. It can be hard to find openings, rentals, sellers, exchanges or even provisional weeks at Skyline Ranch Resort, but if you do, you'll find it is well worth every penny and your time to secure a week. BRING YOUR CAMERA!!! Enjoy witnessing Shenandoah beauty and visiting the United States Capitol city. Prepare to be pleasantly surprised! de

UPDATE JUNE 2009: SEE ABOVE FOR RENTAL OPPORTUNITY. VERY RARE AVAILABILITY. I AM UNAVAILABLE FOR THE AUGUST 22-29 WEEK AND THEREFORE AM OFFERING IT TO RENT. HAPPY TRAVELS!

By genevap5 Mar 10, 2008

We stayed at skyline resort last year and my six year old loved it! The pool was great and she caught her first fish in the stocked pond. The expression on her face was a Kodak moment. Everyone was very nice and the view of the mountains was great. There are a lot of activities including horsback riding and put-put golf. If you like camping and don't like the staying in a tent, this is for you.

By slubore Updated Sep 29, 2004

Although the resort is rustic, it has a lot to offer. For the past two years, I traded my RCI Gold Crown 2 bedroom unit at Orange Lake Country Club in Orlando for Skyline Rance in Otober because my daughter and my grand daughter wanted to ride the horses as well as trek through the surrounding forests. The surrounding area is beautiful in the fall and needs to be seen to be believed. The grand kids ages 6 to 12 enjoyed feeding the goats and playing on the playground.

We liked it so much, we are going there again for this fall.

By asaucer Jun 2, 2003

These beautiful units are in the rolling hills of VA. The place that we stayed was nothing like the previous review. They are currently upgrading the facilities, but the condo units were clean and beautiful.

Sorry the other guy had such a bad time. Will admit, we did not try the horseback riding, but with so much to see and do in the vicinity, we really did not have the time.

By mjo Feb 4, 2003

This resort is a joke. The place is dirty, it is old, and to get to the time share units you have to drive through a trailer park of old junk. I'm not sure why RCI even lets them in the system. The unit we stayed in was filthy and had bugs. The horses were a bunch of nags that only wanted to go back to the barn to eat. Management there has no sense of what a real resort should be. This one needs some help.