Timeshare reviews at David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa

Genoa, Nevada

By penneyc2 Jan 15, 2012

I have owned and stayed here the last 5 years. the new owners remodeled and our fixing up the grounds. the mineral tubs are wonderful.. the new resturant was great. may good changes. close to everything but quite and serene.

By joer196 Nov 9, 2008

Very secluded spa resort, quiet, peaceful. Easy to get to, find. Services, cities, skiing, casino, all within 30 minutes drive. Exceptional quality dining onsite.

By phill12 Updated Jun 12, 2007

We always wondered where Wally's was and now we find we have driven past it many times over the years thinking it was a hoteland not timeshare resort!

One of the cooks at the deli at the Ridge Tahoe where we own works there at Wally's at night and was telling us how good it was and that they are open five nights no matter how many people come in. Said this way people don't make trip there to see its closed like the do at the Ridge!

This weekend we were on vacation to find a wedding on Sat and Sunday so the Hungry Bear at the Ridge was closed to people including owners and this sucks and I have told managers this many times!

We had the cook set us up for a 5:30 dinner and we went early and checked the resort out. They have kept the old style and it is cute!

As others have stated it is a peaceful,rural setting!

We checked out the rooms and the hot springs area and really was not impressed at all! We thought if it was nice and 15 min to the Ridge and 30 min to Lake Tahoe casinos we might buy if good deal popped up.

My wife tells me after two days I would shoot myself from bordom here. We just didn't find where Wally's could ever be a five-star resort!

Wally's might be good if you plan on taking off everyday because its in the middle of no- where so you can go any direction for sight seeing.

I just couldn't spend the day there and we did see many people that had to be over sixty laying around the pool! (NOT PRETTY)

After dinner we decided to go up to Reno and donate at the Atlantis!

I do have to give credit to the restaurant because the food, service and wine list was great! We will go back many times from our resort to have dinner there from now on!

Funny part is it is same owners as the Ridge Tahoe (Quintus Resorts) and I am sorry but in our opinion this is no way a five star as far as the rooms!

By sjd2 Aug 6, 2006

A very nice resort in a peaceful, rural setting. The master suite unit was large with a balcony overlooking the mountains. Staff was pleasant and helpful and we enjoyed soaking in the hot springs in the evening after a day of sightseeing. The on-site restaurant was excellent. We'd definitely trade into this resort again.

By john665 Apr 20, 2005

We considered buying one of the timeshares. However, we were disappointed with the resort hotsprings. Though the pools were nice, the building needed a serious renovation. They only provided one towel, the concrete was in serious need of fixing, with many cracks and areas where the top surface wore off, exposing the aggragate underneath. This is not what a world class resort should be. It does have potential. The timeshare units are very nice. The location is nice and Genoa is a fun little town and they have a very good winery. Recommended stop! If the pools are up for renovation, this could have 5 star potential.. Until then, it remains a 3 star to me...

By johngmcd Apr 12, 2005

Truly enjoyed our experience. Beautifully furnished and the dry sauna in the room was fantastic!! Soaking in the hot springs after skiing hard really helped us relax.

Daily maid service is a major plus!

Would give it 5 stars; however, location isn't the best --- far from the ski resorts and didn't experience much snow even in winter due to the desert like conditions.

By dale538 Mar 16, 2005

Our family stayed at this resort once and that was enough. Always out of towels, and for a spa resort that was unacceptable. Very nice 2 bedroom units, but poor service. Asked for a 2nd frying pan to use for our stay and we couldn't get one for 2 days. No ping pong balls for the ping pong table, so we finally bought our own to use. Huge cracks through the tennis courts which made it very hard to play on. Definitely needed some work.

By colden Oct 25, 2004

NOW this is what I call a 5 star resort! This place is so beautiful. From the view of the carson valley to the location being so close to so much!

We exchanged for a 2BR lockoff here and took the kids. Teenagers can be somewhat hard to keep entertained on family vacations...NOT HERE! They loved it and want to return.

Hot spring pools and spa service menu is fantastic! They have two very nice restaurants.. one fancy, one cafe type. They have ping pong tables, pool tables, horseshoes and plenty to keep you occupied.

The Master BR suite.. ohhh my was it nice. The jacuzzi tub had a steam function, jetted water coming out of the walls during your shower, a great 2 person tub.. and a dry sauna.. all in the master bedroom!

We had two very private balconies that overlooked the beautiful mountains beyond the carson valley. Each night we watched the deer meander below...rabbits and other small animals felt very relaxed here. I guess it's in the air because so did I.

It's about 20 minutes from Lake Tahoe so you have all of the touristy traps close enough yet far enough away. We went to Bodie, CA.. great old ghost town, Virginia City.. touristy old gold miners town that is great for shopping and pictures, Ponderosa Ranch where they filmed Bananza and of course wave runners on Lake Tahoe can't be missed along with the Sunday brunch cruise out of Zephyr Cove on lake tahoe. Zephyr Cove ended up being a great day.. but the kids enjoyed Bodie most of all.. it's a 2 hour drive.. but a gorgeous one and well worth it. We enjoyed the Carson City Mint (20 minutes away) with a great mining replica and old coins and machinery Well worth the visit. Overall great location for many destinations!

I would HIGHLY recommend this resort. We've exchanged into many many resorts and this is by far right up there with our home resort Williamsburg Plantation in Virginia. We loved it and will return to the carson valley one day.

By bgraser Updated Feb 13, 2003

The rooms and service were outstanding. The on-site natural hotsprings and spa services made for a wonderfully relaxing experience. The property sits in a remote little farming community that promotes a carefree and relaxing environment. Activities that abound in the Carson City and Lake Tahoe areas are only 20-30 minutes away, however, there are some really good golf courses close by. Don't miss the Genoa Lakes Golf Club.