Report Abuse

Re: Kauia Beach Club vs Waiohai Beach Club

We are owners at the Waiohai but also have stayed at the Beach Club twice. We just stayed our week at Waiohai over spring break and then spent our last 3 days at the Beach Club. They are both wonderful. We had our 3 kids plus two friends with us at Waiohai and never ate a meal out. The kids never complained as there wasn't alot of temptation. The snorkeling is great as well as the swimming, the resort borders the Poipu public beach park, one of the best beaches on the island. We saw several monk seals also. The Beach Club is a completely different feel. I liked ending our vacation there because it was more resorty for us adults. We didn't cook there because they don't have a full kitchen but rather just enjoyed being at the resort. It was definitely more costly. If I had to choose one and was traveling with kids, I'd choose the Waiohai. As far as islands, we have been to Maui, Ohau, and the Big Island also. I think Kauai is hands down the best. It is beautiful every where and not too big to travel the whole island. We did a hike every day, most not too hard - but even the non-hikers loved it and it didn't cost a thing. Have a great vacation.