Report Abuse

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

I have been a "Sunterra" member for a long time and have been extremely pleased. However, as Diamond stepped in, I see that it continually is getting worse and worse. The 70 assessment we had to pay to correct their mistake of moving the call center off shore was ridiculous! If they had asked ANY member if moving the call center to India was beneficial or cheaper, I would bet that 99.9 % would have opposed this. Then to charge US to move it back claiming it was for our benefit insult our intelligence! I have been getting so frustrated with with Diamond the past year or so that I have been very tempted to sell mine and just start renting the time from other owners. Fortunately, mine is paid for and generally the DRI resorts are excellent units compared to others. Raising the vacation insurance with no word or announcement was another that got me riled. I have been lied to by sales people and tricked into "owner update meetings" where they claim they will tell me about updates to the Club, when they tell me nothing new, in fact, I often know more than they do. All they do is try to sell me more time. I have told them and anyone else, if I were going to buy more time, it would not be in their program. I would be interested in seeing if anyone else jumps on this band wagon and we take back control of this "Club" which used to be a WONDERFUL value and experience for the Owners. They are forgetting why they exist. They do not exist for themselves, they exists for us, the customers, owners, investors. This is the thing I worried about when they went from a public to a private company. They can now do anything they want to and we have no say. I still love their facilities and we constantly use our points every year. But I agree, they are contilually and slowly reducing our benefits hoping that we dont notice