Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Just in case my previous post is deleted becasue I provided my phone / email, here it is without that info: I am agreeable to participating in a class action suit, please message me! While I'm not certain there is a case regarding the $70 increase in Club dues alone (this is not a one time fee, they used the change for the call centers to justify billing the additional $70/yr), the pervasive increases in service maintenance and undocumented interpretation in Club Policy - They will not admit this, but two years ago I as Platinum Elite could upgrade from any available Studio to any available 1BR, etc, lat year when DRI took over they changed it to require similar types such as at Sedona Summit: Studio mesa to 1BR Mesa or 1BR Sunset to 2BR Sunset and NOT Studio or Studio Mesa to 1BR Sunset, and more resently they attempted to set the upgrade even more incremental such as Powhatan: 1BR Upstairs to 1BR Downstairs, 1BR Downstairs to 2BR Upstairs, 2BR Upstairs to 2BR Down, 2BR Down to 3BR ... - I can no longer receve the mid week exemption from the 10% surcharge for resorts I own at, according to Club the last I checked it is at their discretion when they waive the 10%, which they feel they can do at any time. - I've also seen Peak Season surcharges applied during High Season periods. I have to find it again, but in the Club Docs there is a section which does state the Club Mgr can change the rules at its discretion, but that the change must be published. My conversation with DRI indicates they feel they can change any time they want without publishing, and they insist they are not changing or reinterpreting anything differently. When I provide specific and numerous examples of upgrades routingly provided but now not allowed they insist the event in the past were exceptions, not routine. LoL, I have dozens of "exceptions" where no one mentioned anything about an exception, it was all done in a routine manner. - Another issue I take exection to is DRI interpretation of Club rules on banking and borrowing. Two years ago I borrowed points for the first time. Sunterra made me pay the upcoming Club fee. This year DRI made me pay the maintenance on a contract having the point value I chose to borrow. This makes sense, and it is in the Club docs, but it is still a change in interpretation. THEN, I banked and wanted to borrow. DRI insisted I pay 2009 maint to borrow the points I banked from 2008 to 2009. They insist the Club Docs allow this, but the Club Docs do not specifically address borrowing banked points. It is my opinion that DRI is doing everything they can to maximize income, resulting in additional expense/inconvenience to the owners. I understand we all want to look out for our own number one, but DRI has a duty to the owners. That duty as Club Manager is not to increase fees and reduce benefits to improve their bottom line at the expense of the owners. Personally, I wish we could get enough people together to vote to terminate DRI as the Club Manager and hire another company. Some of the HOA at Bluebeard's Castle did that. I believe one phase stayed with Fairfield (now WVR) but two or three phases broke apart. I believe Fairfield was letting the resort deteriorate, surcharging the resort more and more while performing less and less. Enough owners finally became motivated enough the left Fairfield.