Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

In my booklet for using the MVCD Points for 2011 - you cannot use points from the Vacation Club Destinations Program to trade into any resorts outside the US mainland except Hawaii, St. Kitts, St. Thomas and Aruba. So as of now no one can use MVCD points to go to the Marriott time share in Spain or France. Therefore, I cannot see in my book what a Gold week would be worth at Marbella. I have two Platinum weeks one in Park City that is worth 5350 points and one in Orlando worth 2550 pts. As said before, if you buy into the MVCD Program and then convert your week into points, you will not have enough points to get 7 nights to go back to your own resort in your season. (I wasn't told that when I got into the MVCD program). The Points program is definitely rigged so Marriott can work things their way. Marriott controls what point value they put on a resort each year. Marriott could also increase points needed for a popular resort, therefore, making it necessary to purchase points to get that fabulous trade you want.