Report Abuse

Re: Selling Diamond Resorts Timeshare

[Q=tanyas116] I'm disheartened at what i'm reading. Basically, you cannot sell your timeshare. I bought a "half" a timeshare at $10,000 which equates to 2,500 points per year. (and by Steve C. who was mentioned above) My point balance is 5,000 and i just found out if you don't use them yearly, you LOSE them!!! Just like if you don't call around June to roll over points you didn't use, you'll lose those. what i find funny, is they have no problem reminding you that you owe your yearly maintenance fee. I'm so disgusted. I was considering not paying the maintenance fee anymore; but, that means they'll ding my perfect credit. AND i lost $10,000. Seems like a lawsuit could be in order. They are bullies. and yes, i called sellmytimesharenow.com and ALMOST paid them the $1,800 to sell my timeshare until i did more research. and they're from Dover, NH! where i'm from! (doesn't make a difference but what a small world) Now they won't stop calling me even after i told them 'hell no!' any advice?[/Q] I am not sure if you want to sell your timeshare or not but a couple of things I will share. First, you can roll your points over to the next year. I belive you need to do so by June 30th. This is not unusual for timeshare companies to do so. I belong to Marriott and they have a points system that requires owners to roll over by the same June date. Also, in DRI if you roll the points over you can still use them if you want to in the year the belong to. For example, if you rolled your 2014 year points to 2015, if you decided that you wanted to stay somewhere in October of 2014 you could still make a reservation with the 2014 points you rolled into 2015. I do this all of the time so that I don't lose points. However, once you use them you can't send them back to 2015 if for some reason you have to cancel that October trip. Also, if you have paid for your points in full, you can not pay your maintenance fees and you will no longer have the points. Look at your club membership and you can read it yourself. DRI will just take away your points. I will admit that 2500 points is not enough to take advantage of DRI's system in that you would have to save points, make reservations under 60 days or not mind staying in studios while traveling during off peak seasons to really make them work. However, there are DRI members that do it.