Report Abuse

Selling Diamond Resorts Timeshare

[Q=alexm168] Would you happen to have copies (templates) and adresses of these places so I can mail in my complaints? Did you ever sell? Did you get most of your money back? [Q=louiseb11] I no longer have the forms because my deal fell through. I can tell you that the way I got Diamond to send me the forms initially is by taking these steps: 1. file a complaint with the better business bureau 2. File a complaint with the Nevada State Attorney General, the state in which Diamond home offices are located; 3. File a complaint with state and federal legislators 4. File a complaint with the Nevada real estate licensing agency Then I notified Diamond of my actions via the generic contact form they had on their website. Sound like a lot of work? You bet it was but it's the only way I was able to get Diamond to pay any attention to my requests. If I have to go through this process again I would think about taking the additional step of writing a letter to various news entities letting them know how opaque and uncooperative this particular timeshare company is when buyers are trying desperately to sell their timeshare.[/Q][/Q] Alexm, I guess I can understand your concerns. I do want you to know that if your goal is truly to get what you paid for there is another avenue for you to consider. Come to Facebook and search for Diamond Resorts Members and request to be a member. On that site are about 460 DRI owners. We share how we get the most out of our ownership. We can probably provide you with the guidance you need to help get you the vacations you want. There are members who do use their points for airline tickets. It's not something we would not recommend because you get less bang for your buck using your points that way. I know it's difficult to sell points, so while you are waiting to sell them, join us and maybe you can squeeze in some vacations before you give it up. I think that is what you originally purchased the timeshare for which was to have fun with your family. Let's see if we can accomplish that.