Report Abuse

Re: Selling Diamond Resorts Timeshare

[Q=jayjay] [Q=alexm168] I only just bought my timeshare in March of 2013 and already looking to sell!! This is a horrible company I haven't even used it yet. They told me I could use my points toward airfaire, when I went to book my vacation to california in April 2013 DRI said I was past the "cutoff" and can not use my points toward airfaire. Anyway the ended up making an exception seeing as how we just bought in our Vegas vacation 2 weeks prior. Fast forward to today, they have withdrawn our 4000 points that we allocated toward the airfaire and are not sending us the cheque they promised. Every phone call is ours, they keep transfering my around, everything is COMPLICATED and DIFFICULT. I aslo called sellmythimesharenow.com the guy, Andrew I think, said it was a "guaranteed sell" and asked me to pay $1200 up front.... Should I go for it? Did you end up selling your timeshare? if yes please tell me how, and hopefully it'll be somewhat close to the amount I paid. Thanks for your help.[/Q] You say you just bought your points in March 2013 .... did you mortgage the points or pay cash for them. If you have a mortgage then there's no way you can sell your points no matter what sellmytimesharenow tells you. All they want is that $1200 upfront fee .... it's a scam like all the other upfront fee timeshare listing companies. Whatever you do never, ever pay any entity a large upfront fee to list your timeshare for sale or rent. The best advice is to go to the DRI Facebook page someone posted and voice your concerns.[/Q] [Q=alexm168] Thank you, for your reply and assisstance, I will get my wife to join DRI on Facebook as I'm not very good with FB. As you said hopefully I can use it a little, but its that sour taste DRI left in my mouth that I can't stomach, all the lies and BS they told us just to get us to sign on the dotted line. Unbelievable.....[/Q] No problem. As long as you can communicate with everyone, that's what's important. I doubt DRI will buyback, so don't expect that to happen. They tell this to owners all of the time on the DRI forums section on the website. Salesmen do inflate or lie about the product when they don't even have to do so. The product should sell itself, but they don't do that as they want to pressure you to buy right now. They don't want people to go home and look at websites like this or Timeshare Users Group to find resales and then people would rescind. It's an unfortunate part of this industry. It's not unique to DRI. Many of the salespeople at all of these timeshare do tell lies. Some tell lies out of ignorance. They know little about the nuances of the product so they start saying things that are false. I have seen it done at Marriott, Westin, Wyndham and others when I have gone to their presentations. DRI is right along with them. First, never use your points for airfare. Your points are priced in such a way that you get the most value for them when you use them for accommodations. When you are using your points for airfare, cruises, maintenance fees and all of those other things that DRI pushes for you, you are more than likely overpaying for them. The reason is that you can usually get those same flights or cruises for less than the points you are putting forward. If you paid cash for those things you would more than likely pay less. So my advice is to always use your points for accommodations. If you are going to lose the points, then use them for those other items. We'll share a lot of these nuances with you when you come to the website. All of the rules are on DRI's website, but many don't read them at all and then some are a little tricky. Stay away from the postcard companies trying to sell your timeshare. If you think you're made with DRI for selling it to you, you will be enraged with YOURSELF for paying an upfront fee and then never hearing from those folks again. :-)