Report Abuse

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

We have enjoyed our timeshare at the Aruba Ocean Club for over 15 years. While it's true that during the President's Week you would need to "compete" for a beach palapa, I have found that aiming for a more secluded part of the pool, I can usually find a chaise or chair, often under an umbrella/table, almost any time of the day. We prefer these quieter areas, because we are not fans of the bingo games, exercise groups, live music, or patter of many large and little feet that go along with MOST large resort or time share's main pool areas. Otherwise, I have found that the Ocean Club premises never seem to be crowded, and the staff is attentive, professional and friendly. The premises are well kept, very clean, attractive and up-to-date. The room units are user-friendly, as are the beds. We still enjoy our time here, even when we come during Presidents week. [Q=joyd24] I have been considering purchasing a resale at the Marriott Surf Club but after speaking to time share owners I decided not to pursue. I decided to look elsewhere because of the over crowding at the pool and beach. Having to get up at a certain time and extremely early to get a lounge or shaded area or the umbrella covered papalyas is not my idea of a vacation. I am a teacher so I am limited to when I take my vacation. I know I want a very warm climate to go to in Feb. Can someone let me know about their experience at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club during President's week?[/Q]