Report Abuse

Closing and Transfer Fee Costs

[Q=brianm1053] What are the closing and transfer fee costs associated with buying a Timeshare thru a Redweek.com verified seller/ad? Specifically, HIVC in Willaismburg VA, or Myrtle Beach SC.[/Q] Why not submit your question directly to RedWeek customer service? You would likely get a more prompt and detailed response than by posing a question in these discussion forums. "RedWeek verified" only means that the advertising seller (and the accuracy of the listing) has been independently confirmed to be the owner / week / unit that is being advertised; this really has nothing at all to do with closing costs and transfer fee costs. Instead of "RedWeek verified", did you perhaps instead intend to ask about a "full service listing", which is something entirely different? In either case, I'd offer the same answer, provided in my first sentence. Closing costs will vary if it''s NOT a "RedWeek full service" listing, since different closing companies charge different amounts. Transfer fees are imposed buy a resort or company; RedWeek has absolutely no say or influence in that matter. Wyndham, for example, charges $299 per deed for Wyndham transfers. Hyatt charges twice that amount. Independent (non "chain") resorts generally charge a $100+ transfer fee (separate and apart from all other closing costs). I don't personally know anything about HIVC transfer fees.