Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE (by Irene P.):

Non profits don't want a timeshare because they are a liability. You will be hard-pressed to find a charity that wants a timeshare in the middle of a pandemic, especially a Mexico timeshare.

Profeco is the Mexico Consumer Protection Agency. One of our volunteers had great success working through Profeco. She now answers questions for others. Rarely does anyone need an attorney to resolve a timeshare dispute, and there are additional dangers attempting to work with a Mexico attorney.

I edited a book for an expert on Mexico timeshares. He worked all over Mexico and the Caribbean. He volunteers his time to offer an opinion. He has worked for every resort I asked him about.

It is very different resolving a dispute in Mexico than if a US citizen disputes a contract purchased in the US. I have followed many Mexico timeshare disputes and resolutions. Even the Yucatan Times understands Timeshare sales are a problem in Mexico.