Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Can you really sale your getaways from interval international (by Ron D.):

DUH!!! Commercial purposes would involve sale of these getaway weeks - that would be in a..... commercial market.

From dictionary.com:

com·mer·cial; [kuh-mur-shuhl] adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of commerce. 2. engaged in commerce. 3. prepared, done, or acting with sole or chief emphasis on salability, profit, or success: a commercial product; His attitude toward the theater is very commercial. 4. able to yield or make a profit: We decided that the small oil well was not commercial.

The ban from use for commercial purposes is clearly stated in the RCI/II policies that all members have to sign when they become members. Violating the policies (in this case - sale of exchange or getaway weeks) can result in suspension and/or cancellation of your membership without refund and forfeiture of all the weeks currently booked. You can also receive a lifetime ban from membership. After suspension/warning your membership becomes flagged for very close monitoring.

I appreciate and support these policies to keep slime from taking advantage of the system for personal gain. The exchange weeks and the getaways are benefits extended to all members, not to members who want to re-sell them to non members to make a profit. By doing so these weeks are removed from availability to other members.

That is the intent, that is the policy, if you violate the policy you face the consequences.

BUSTED!

RD

ps. It is the stupid ones out there that post these weeks on public markets such as ebay, redweek, etc in bulk. Sufficient numbers make it easy for the II/RCI "police" to track. These morons are just begging to get busted!

jayjay wrote:
Post from another timeshare forum:

"Interval International Getaways and how they suspended my account ....."

"I own several properties with interval international. As an extension of my membership, I am allowed to purchase 12 Getaways per year per property. The Getaways are last minute leftover inventory that Interval purchases from the hotels. Interval claims that you are not allowed to use these properties for commercial use, even though it never defines commercial use. Moreover, Interval claims that I engaged in commercial use, suspended my account for one year, and cancelled my properties and REFUSES to offer me a refund.

They claim that if I was unable to use these Getaways, I was simply to let them expire.".