General Discussion

Getting rid of a time share.

Oct 30, 2010

It is usable world wide, not just for one resort. The main office is based in Europe

Jakob R.
Oct 31, 2010

ken1193 wrote:
jakobr wrote:
I am not a salesman at all. I do consider any reasenable offer. The timeshares are with "Absolute" and are usable worldwide in any of their resorts, or affiliated resorts. I do need very urgently to sell them if I can. The main office where I brought the sares are in Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand, but like I mentioned before, they can be used world wide.

Don't shoot the messenger, but in the current timeshare resale market conditions you may very well have to offer to GIVE AWAY your timeshare for FREE in order to be able to get rid of it. Even then, if there are ANY outstanding loans or mortgages (or any other overdue fees) attached to the ownership, you will then likely not even be able to give it away for free.

On the Timeshare User's Group web site, with a much broader readership, there is a "Bargain Deals" section where you can offer timeshares for low cost (...or for free). However, keep in mind that the "Absolute" name is one virtually unknown in U.S. timeshare circles, so you certainly have your work cut out for you (at least in the USA market). Good luck.

I'm in agreement with jayjay on this, you're asking $12,000 for a studio in thailand, a market which is not strong for timeshare resales. A huge reduction in the asking price might generate an even lower offer, but you should also find a market stronger in listing thai timeshares. I feel strongly you priced your studio so high none will make a serious offer.

Beck
Oct 31, 2010

this price is not just for a studio in Thailand. It can be used world wide, in any of theirs, or affiliated resorts. I paid 14'000 for it, so I have already reduced it very much. But I do consider any reasenable offers, thank you. There is one free week available with it. All is up to date financially.

Jakob R.

Last edited by jakobr on Dec 19, 2010 05:52 PM

Nov 01, 2010

jakobr wrote:
this price is not just for a studio in Thailand. It can be used world wide, in any of theirs, or affiliated resorts. I paid 14'000 for it, so I have already reduced it very much. But I do consider any reasenable offers, thank you.
With due respect, I think that you would be far better off advertising in EUROPE based timeshare venues. "Absolute" is essentially completely unknown in the USA, so the likelihood of seeing any interest in your points based "Absolute" RTU here (at ANY price) is likely somewhere between very slim and none at all...

Nonetheless, good luck.

KC
Nov 01, 2010

jakobr sounds like a timeshare salesman, selling a studio but insisting the new owner can be in larger units without explaining how, and claiming he's making a huge sacrifice by buying at $14,000 and offering to sell at $12,000. Dude, studios don't sell on the resale market for $12,000 and if someone wants a larger unit thru exchange they will be better off buying a larger unit somewhere else for less to get an exchange. I think the only way to sell your unit near your price range is to market it to someone who doesn't use the internet to shop for resale timeshares.

Beck
Nov 01, 2010

peterp151 wrote:
jakobr sounds like a timeshare salesman, selling a studio but insisting the new owner can be in larger units without explaining how...

Perhaps, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment and note that it COULD be that (as in virtually ANY points based system) a given number of points can often "acquire" different size and season units in different places within that system.

Regardless, as I have stated here many times, when one goes to sell a timeshare NO ONE CARES ONE BIT WHAT YOU PAID. The ONLY thing that matters to a buyer is the amount required to buy a comparable resale week NOW, TODAY!

Even if jakobr did pay $14,000, that figure is of absolutely NO interest to a buyer who might very well find essentially the same thing offered elsewhere --- for fouteen dollars (...or maybe less).

KC
Nov 01, 2010

Sorry...but I am not a salesman at all. I just an ordenary person who wants to sell the time sares.This website was given to me to sell my shares.....

Jakob R.
Nov 01, 2010

This website was given to me to sell my shares. I do not know any other sites. I like to know other sites if you can give me some. Any help is greatly apreciatet, thank you.

Jakob R.
Nov 02, 2010

jakobr wrote:
This website was given to me to sell my shares. I do not know any other sites. I like to know other sites if you can give me some. Any help is greatly apreciatet, thank you.

Google or Bing 'European timeshare resellers' ..... just don't pay a large upfront fee to any company to list your timeshare .... ALL they want is that upfront fee.

R P.
Nov 02, 2010

Thank you for this information. I will check this site out and hope I will find a buyer, You are the first person with real help to me. Thank you.

Jakob R.
Dec 19, 2010

What are you trying to get out of your timeshare, when you can buy one anywhere on ebay for a penny?

Jeremy T.
Jan 23, 2011

We, the owners of Timeshares that We do not want anymore need to start a website for the PERMANENT EXCHANGE of a timeshare - just exchange the deeds, maybe something closer to home, or more useable. There must be thousands of us. This way we get a new timeshare and do not have to deal with trying to sell one that we can't. It is better than just dumping it or giving it to charity. Try somewhere new and, who knows, you may love it. What do you think? We could sell them for a fee $ 50 each to each other, and sell them with all the necessary paperwork just like we would any timeshare. Dealing with RCI and not getting what I want is a nightmare. I would just rather buy where I want and use it every year.

Pamela V.
Jan 23, 2011

Sounds a very good idea, but I do have to sell my Timeshares. I did found a place, based in Europe, and been told that they do sell a lot of Timeshares at the moment, and for a good price too.

Jakob R.
Jan 24, 2011

jakobr wrote:
... and been told that they do sell a lot of Timeshares at the moment, and for a good price too.
I admire your optimism, but I also have to wonder who "told" you this particular claim --- and what their motive was in doing so.

The timeshare resale market is in tough shape these days, as is the overall economy in many countries. Accordingly, I am frankly VERY doubtful that anyone, anywhere involved in resales is actually "selling lots of timeshares and for a good price too".

There are lots of timeshares being offered for a dollar or so on eBay every single day --- many with NO takers at all! With that fact in mind, it's a bit difficult to believe that some entity in Europe has somehow discovered a magical solution for timeshare resales.

I wish you luck, but I also advise caution and serious consideration of the current harsh reality of a weak timeshare resale market.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 24, 2011 07:13 AM

Jan 24, 2011

I paid 985.oo to get rid of my timeshare in Fairfield Glade, tn. I owned it for 23 years, enjoyed it several times. My kids grew up and I no longer wished to go. Tried to give it back to Wyndham, but they didn't want it. Found a company called Timesharesbegone.LLC. They charged 985. but I paid nothing else. It is out of my name (company sent me a copy of the deed in their name). I double checked with the Cumberland Co. Clerk. Week 14 at Sterling Forest no longer is MINE. Only stipulation was I could not owe anything.

You might be able to do business with them. I don't think they work in every state. If you contact them soon, they might assume the 2011 maint. fee.

Their phone number is 270-799-0531. It worked easy for me. They don't take money unless the property is transferred to their company.

Colvin D.
Jan 24, 2011

colvind wrote:
I paid 985.oo to get rid of my timeshare in Fairfield Glade, tn. I owned it for 23 years, enjoyed it several times. My kids grew up and I no longer wished to go. Tried to give it back to Wyndham, but they didn't want it. Found a company called Timesharesbegone.LLC. They charged 985. but I paid nothing else. It is out of my name (company sent me a copy of the deed in their name). I double checked with the Cumberland Co. Clerk. Week 14 at Sterling Forest no longer is MINE. Only stipulation was I could not owe anything.

You might be able to do business with them. I don't think they work in every state. If you contact them soon, they might assume the 2011 maint. fee.

Their phone number is 270-799-0531. It worked easy for me. They don't take money unless the property is transferred to their company.

Are you a shill for this company? In the thread about Optimistic Vacations, you said the same thing. You gave the same phone number. Again, I will say that that phone number is tied to Timeshares By Owner - a company that is under investigation by the Florida Attorney-General.

Lance C.
Jan 25, 2011

pamelav wrote:
We, the owners of Timeshares that We do not want anymore need to start a website for the PERMANENT EXCHANGE of a timeshare - just exchange the deeds, maybe something closer to home, or more useable. There must be thousands of us. This way we get a new timeshare and do not have to deal with trying to sell one that we can't. It is better than just dumping it or giving it to charity. Try somewhere new and, who knows, you may love it. What do you think? We could sell them for a fee $ 50 each to each other, and sell them with all the necessary paperwork just like we would any timeshare. Dealing with RCI and not getting what I want is a nightmare. I would just rather buy where I want and use it every year.

When Redweek first started up I suggested a permanent swap section, however it never came to fruition .... but now, more than ever, people need this service .... especially those that still want to timeshare but to a resort closer to their home.

R P.
Jan 25, 2011

I don't know what a "shill" is. The reason I know the phone number is because the company, which I believe is based in Tennessee, did business with me. I want other people who are in the same boat I was in (owning a timeshare and not wanting it anymore), to be able to benefit like I did.

I would be glad to send you a copy of the deed to Sterling Forest in Fairfield Glade that was transferred from me and my wife to Timesharesbegone.llc. I didn't pay them UNTIL the deed had been transferred. I paid with a credit card (which showed me they were reputable), and they did exactly as they said they would. They even sent me a copy of the Main. fee bill that Sterling Forest townhouse association had sent to them for 2011. They charged me 985.00.

There are still businesses that provide a service and do just what they say. Maybe you can find one. Good luck.

Colvin D.
Jan 25, 2011

colvind wrote:
I don't know what a "shill" is. The reason I know the phone number is because the company, which I believe is based in Tennessee, did business with me. I want other people who are in the same boat I was in (owning a timeshare and not wanting it anymore), to be able to benefit like I did.

I would be glad to send you a copy of the deed to Sterling Forest in Fairfield Glade that was transferred from me and my wife to Timesharesbegone.llc. I didn't pay them UNTIL the deed had been transferred. I paid with a credit card (which showed me they were reputable), and they did exactly as they said they would. They even sent me a copy of the Main. fee bill that Sterling Forest townhouse association had sent to them for 2011. They charged me 985.00.

There are still businesses that provide a service and do just what they say. Maybe you can find one. Good luck.

Alright, I made a mistake on the phone number. The search engine showed me a connection to complaintsboard.com where somebody complained about Timehsares By Owner ( a company under investigation by the Florida A-G). Then under the comments section, someone with that phone number advertised his business.

By the way, a company that allows payment by credit card does not prove that it's legitimate. If you read most of the testimonies on these boards from people who got scammed in the timeshare resale or "transfer" business, almost all of them say that they charged it to their credit card.

That being said, I would still never recommend anyone paying a large upfront fee to any entity to relieve you of a timeshare. In your case, you were possibly one of the very few minority where the company you paid to take your timeshare actually turned around and got someone else to take ownership of the property.

Perhaps Timesharesbegone listed it on E-Bay for a dollar and somebody else purchased it. Perhaps Timeshares Begone asked the resort if it would accept a deedback.

The other distinct possibility is that TimesharesBegone,LLC transferred the property to a shell/bogus company. What this shell company does is refuse to pay any maintenance fees. It probably has acquired many properties like yours in the same fashion. Then the company declares bankruptcy and has all those properties that it acquired foreclose. At this point, you're probably thinking that you don't really care what Timeshares Begone does/did with that property. But now, all the other owners at these resorts have to pay more & higher maintenance fees to cover what the shell/bogus company is not paying.

Like I said though, you are probably one of the very few minority who actually had his/her property legally transferred out of his/her name because Timeshares Begone found a taker. Many people who pay fees like this to companies like this end up still holding the bag and getting scammed.

Lance C.
Jan 26, 2011

Wow...I agree that something needs to be done by the industry to deal with aging resorts, aging owners (no disrespect intended) and people who just want out. Obviously, the resorts and exchange companies are not in the business of thinking ahead and certainly not in the business of educating consumers.

Timeshare Insights' motto for this year is "Educate Yourself, Open Your Mind, Get Involved." What this means for owners is that you MUST speak up, you MUST get involved and you MUST band together with like minded owners to do something.

If you are not already part of a timeshare owners group, you should be. One of our efforts this year is to start a database of resorts and the dates/times/locations of their HOA meetings so that issues can be brought up. If you have information to share on these meetings, please e-mail us. Your name will NOT be part of the database, but the HOA meeting information will be.

Thanks. www.timeshareinsights.com

Lisa Ann S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.