Feb 25, 2007

Hi. I own two weeks in Lagoon and bought two more in the Grand Waikikian that's being built. We just came back from a two week stay (Jan 20-Feb 3), with four other families renting units at the same time for a family reunion. Until we discovered these timeshares, we only stayed in the Halekulani or the Kahala Mandarin Oriental.

Here's some updates: Lagoon Tower is surrounded by construction. Yes, it's noisy and dusty, but much less than you'd expect for a project of this scope. They have done an impressive job of containing the work area and limiting noise. In addition to the new high rise (which is slated for completion in Feb '09), they are installing six filters into the lagoon to make it swimmable. There will also be two new pools, with slides and other features, that will make it truly on par with the kind of serious super pools you'd find in Vegas or Disney (not the joke of a super pool that currently services the resort). The pools and lagoon are supposed to be completed by '08 sometime, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even with all that construction, we are still going back next February!

If you cannot stomach any kind of construction noise, than this is not the place for you. The Kalia Tower, however, would make a perfect alternative. It is also very convenient to Waikiki and the amazing Ala Moana Mall. The Marriot at Ko Olina is WAY far away from everything. It is not a good hub for exploring Oahu. It's beautiful, but there's not much out there except for the resort.

Sumi A.
Feb 25, 2007

john1819 wrote:
steven2090 wrote:
I would say break up the trip, purchase one week in the Marriott Ko-Olina, truly wonderful resort on the west end of the island, good for seeing, the North Shore and Dole Plantation, and Pearl Harbor.

Purchase a week a Hilton Hawaii to see Waikiki, Diamond Head, Paliu Lookout. Waikiki to really see everything can take 2 - 3 days, and another day for the other items mentioned. Hopefully after all the complaints the noise is under control. No noise at the Kalia Tower. Hope this helps.

Thanks - actually we were planning two weeks but only one for Oahu and one for Maui. Pretty sure we will stay at the Westin Kaanapali on Maui. We were originally thinking of the Marriott Ko Olina for Oahu but thought the bulk of things to see were closer to Waikiki - so we began to think about the Hilton. Our concerns are now threefold 1) The noise 2) The pools seem half closed 3) Seems the Hilton is great but not really at the center of Waikiki I'm sure we'll be returning so I'm thinking maybe we should pass on the Hilton and see it at its best next trip. Any suggestions for a "homebase" on Oahu? - Marriott Ko Olina might be too far away from Waiki. Any 2nd best place on the beach on Waikiki folks could recommend. Thanks for all the help so far. people have been very generous with their time/advice. John & Julie

Stay at the Kalia Tower--it's away from the noise and would make a good central home base.

Sumi A.
Aug 13, 2007

CAn anyone update on the current progress of this project?

Elaine G.
Aug 14, 2007

Go to www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com to see what Hilton is saying about the plans and progress.

Rebecca F.
Aug 21, 2007

punkybrewster wrote:
Go to www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com to see what Hilton is saying about the plans and progress.
We were at the Lagoon from 7/13 to7/21. I don't know what the problem is. Sure, they are doing construction, but the dust is almost non-existant, the noise is minimal, and it is limited to restricted hours. Our room was on the side of the lagoon construction. It was not a problem. I think they are doing a great job of minimizing the inconvience to us. I don't care where you go, when improvements are being made, you have to deal with the inconviences. But, the end results are going to be great.

Doug B.
Jan 09, 2008

We stayed there during christmas 2007 at the Lagoon Tower and it was disappointing . The noise started really early in the morning around 6.00 a.m with the trucks backing up. They still have a long time to go before they finish.I felt they should have started work a bit later to allow us to sleep a bit more. There was no view at all from the 5th floor except constuction !

The staff was very pleasant. Elevators were slow particularly during the day. The place was very clean and I felt the pool area and the beach was really nice.

The phone charges were confusing as I thought that local calls were free but they were not. Toll free calls were free.

Claude C.
Jan 14, 2009

The Hilton Hawaiian Village complex has many towers to choose from but the timeshares are located in one of three towers, the Lagoon Tower, which is closest to the water and offers the potentail for the best views (but is also closest to the new construction), the Kalia Tower which is further away of the timeshare towers from both the water and the construction), and the Waikikian which is the new tower currently under construction. This resort is an older property and is quite congested when compared with some of the nicer resorts located on the other islands but is located right on the edge of Waikiki within easy walking distance of both Waikiki as well as the Ala Moana Shopping Center. As with any resort on site food options are numerous but expensive. You can walk to many nearby restaurants that offer much more reasonable prices for food. It is unclear when the construction will be complteded but it makes sense to request a "quiet room" away from the construction if you have that option. For Hilton Honors members, you do not get Executive Level privileges unless you're staying at the only tower with an Executive Lounge, the Kalia Tower. I suspect you'll also have to be a hotel guest rather than a timeshare guest but I've never stayed in the Kalia so I don't know for sure. I've stayed in an 2 BR oceanfront as well as a 3 BR penthouse in the Lagoon Tower and both were quite nice, but again this was before the construction was advanced as it is now. If you're a hotel guest, their Ali'i Tower is considered their "VIP" tower and offers more ameneties to those staying there. This tower is one of the farthest away from the construction site so is relatively quiet. If you really want to experience Hawaii I recommend not limiting your visit to Waikiki. You can get a taste of Hawaii if you tour outside of Waikiki but the other islands have much more natural beauty and much less congestion.

James O.
Apr 14, 2009

We are going April 28. Has anyone been there lately who can comment on the construction?

Nanakathy
May 27, 2009

Holy Crap!

We're getting ready to purchase someone's rental week for late Sept 2009.

Now, I am wondering if the Resort will even be standing and if it is a good idea to stay there.

Thinking out loud.

Fred

Fred P.
May 27, 2009

Was there at the end of April and stayed in the Lagoon Tower and saw no construction. I think it is all finished. There is another building (non Hilton) that they are working on, but it is not on the pool side where we stayed. It is a gorgeous place with so much to do and see.

Nanakathy
Feb 21, 2023

idigic is the world's first and foremost company who deals with only buy facebook views idigic . The company offers the best quality services with 100% satisfaction guarantee, and provides 24/7 customer support. idigic also has an experienced team of professionals who work day and night to make sure that clients are fully satisfied with the services offered.

Buy F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.