Timeshare Companies

Where do I find a No Up Front Broker to sell my Timeshare in Fl.

Nov 30, 2008

Hi ...I listed with sellmytimesharenow for a $600 up front fee which they agreed to take in two installments so I have only paid 300 so far. Today I found out I will be lucky if I sell my time share for half what it is worth. I spoke to a realtor in virginia beach who was very helpful and told me I should never pay a fee up front. I have a red week 17 at Villas at the Boardwalk which I paid 16550 for a one bedroom unit and now I found out today I'd be lucky to see it for 8,000. Should I stay with sellmytimesharenow and pay the addidtional 300 or cancel and go with a realtor who will take 20%. What a fool I have been.

Barbara

Barbara S.
Nov 30, 2008

If you pay the additional $300 your lissting will probably be sold by a Broker who works with Sellmytimesharenow and they will charge you a commission anyway. That Broker will charge you 20-25-30% or as high as they can. So save your $300.00

Judi K.
Dec 09, 2008

As a point of clarification for Barbaral261, if you have paid the $300 then you have an advertisement for your timeshare up on the website and will not pay any more money. Any commission will be paid by the buyer, not you, if you have a broker working on your behalf.

Steve L.
Aug 15, 2009

I would highly recommend not considering Time Share Adventures. I have been with them for 5 years now and have not successfully rented OR sold my timeshare. I have a premium location right on the ocean. Nice people. Just, in my opnion, not very successful at selling or renting my timeshare. They tell me to lower my price. (But that is not what they said when I first used their service!) And now I have it at just about a give away price - and again - they have not been successful. I recommend someone other than Timeshare Adventures.

Paul S.
Aug 15, 2009

pauls579 wrote:
I would highly recommend not considering Time Share Adventures. I have been with them for 5 years now and have not successfully rented OR sold my timeshare. I have a premium location right on the ocean. Nice people. Just, in my opnion, not very successful at selling or renting my timeshare. They tell me to lower my price. (But that is not what they said when I first used their service!) And now I have it at just about a give away price - and again - they have not been successful. I recommend someone other than Timeshare Adventures.

See my reply to this post on the Timeshare Adventure's thread.

R P.
Nov 21, 2010

i would like to get sell my timeshare in florida, orlando kissimee...how can i find a broker who don't charge upfront fee? please let me know! thanks

-diane mei

Diane M.
Nov 21, 2010

dianem503 wrote:
i would like to get sell my timeshare in florida, orlando kissimee...how can i find a broker who don't charge upfront fee?

I suggest checking out http://www.ltrba.com for "no upfront fee" brokers.

That said, Orlando is overbuilt and there are lots and lots of timeshares available for sale there every day for very little (or no) money. Whether or not your particular timeshare is worth even the minimum commission charged by a broker remains to be seen...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 30, 2017 05:16 PM

Nov 30, 2010

I tried the above web site and that site is not correct. Any corrections to it would be appreciated.

Jon C.
Nov 30, 2010

jonc92 wrote:
I tried the above web site and that site is not correct. Any corrections to it would be appreciated.

Apparently I mistakenly transposed two letters. It should instead have been ltrba.com. Tom Tubbs (of Island Consulting Realty) in Sarasta is a LTRBA member. I've met him --- he's a nice guy, very knowledgeable and as honest as the day is long. . My prior observation still applies, however --- some timeshares are not / will not be worth even the minimum commission charged by a broker.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 30, 2017 05:16 PM

Dec 15, 2016

Can someone please tell me who this broker is that listed he/she had been doing this for a long time? I would really like to speak to them. I have a timeshare in Kissimmee I would like to sell. My son is in college and I need to sell this. Its a very nice property.

Anna C.
Dec 15, 2016

There is a LTRBA-associated broker in Florida named Tom Tubbs who is just as honest and trustworthy as the day is long, has been in business for a very long time and is a overall just a good guy. I seem to vaguely recall that his business is called Island Realty, but my recollection is a bit foggy on that detail. I do know that you can reach him directly at his email address, which is timeshares@aol.com. I have no business affiliation of any kind with Tom Tubbs, just for the record.

That being said, some timeshares frankly have little or no resale market value to begin with and the Orlando / Kissimmee area is quite overbuilt and saturated with timeshares. However honest a broker might be, no broker can somehow magically impart value to something that has no inherent resale market value to begin with. If you contact Tom Tubbs, he will at least give you straight and honest input. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 30, 2017 05:20 PM

Dec 16, 2016

annac209 wrote:
I have a timeshare in Kissimmee I would like to sell. My son is in college and I need to sell this. Its a very nice property.

Important question to clarify. Are you looking to sell because you want the money from the sale or is it because you are looking to shed the annual maintenance fees and travel expenses?

If it's because you want the money, then you are in for a rude awakening. As Ken1193 said, your unit is probably worth about zero dollars so erase any fantasies you might have about getting lots of money for this.

If you just want to get rid of your unit to avoid paying maintenance fees, then you should try giving it away, perhaps asking the resort's HOA to take your unit back or advertise that you want to give it away.

Lance C.
Dec 16, 2016

Even no up front brokers expect a commission of $1500-$2000 or 20% which ever is greater. 99.9% of Orlando area timeshares are worth less than that. So although the commission is not due upfront you are committing to paying that $2000 commission even if it sells for $1-1000. Usually brokers will not accept listings for units that they don't think they can sell for more than $2000 for this reason.

Off the top of my head the only timeshares in Orlando that would be worth going through a broker would be Disney Vacation Club and possibly platinum 2-3 br Hilton Vacation Club.

Tracey S.
May 30, 2017

why don't you try putting an add in RedWeek .I rent my weeks that way with good results

ktt2 wrote:
There is no such thing. I mean let's think it through. Why would a licensed broker take on a timeshare? I would think a licensed real estate broker would be much more interested in dealing with local real estate that sells for considerably more than the typical timeshare and therefore generates a much bigger commission. Plus, local real estate can be marketed locally by using the MLS, having an 'open house', or even a "For Sale" sign. Timeshare must me marketed to a much broader audience; a national or even a global audience. My mother is in real estate and has been for many years and we have thoroughly discussed this matter on a few occasions. The trick to successful timeshare resale is finding a good company to help you and pricing the ownership well.

Alberto P.
May 30, 2017

albertop7 wrote:
why don't you try putting an add in RedWeek .I rent my weeks that way with good results

Are you aware that the post by ktt2 which you today quote and are responding to was actually posted over 10 years ago now?

You've offered a good answer, but posting it 10 years after the post may not result in it actually being seen by the person who posted (...a full decade ago) . ;-)

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 30, 2017 05:21 PM

Nov 13, 2017

Help me find a broker who sells time shares with no up front fees

Daniel N.
Nov 13, 2017

The problem is that almost all timeshares have little or no resale value . If you read through the forums you will see many owners willing to give their timeshares away for free .

There are scammers out there that lure victims with the promise to get rid them of their timeshares for a huge upfront fee . If you fall for their scam you will lose your money and be posting your personal story in here about how they ripped you off . Be realistic and do your homework . Look on Redweek and Ebay and see if anyone is selling or giving away the same timeshare you have .

The bottom line is NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract .

Don P.
Nov 13, 2017

You could very easily find a licensed timeshare broker at LTRBA.com who collects commission only upon sale. However, the minimum commisiion is likely $1,500 to $2,000 --- and chances are good that your timeshare may not be worth that minimum commission amount (and is very possibly worth considerably less).

So, while you can easily find a no upfront fee broker, no broker can magically create resale market value where it doesn't exist. For example, Westgate ownerships are essentially worthless in the resale market, due to severe reservation constraints that Westgate now imposes upon all resale buyers. Wyndham products likewise have relatively little resale market value, for different reasons. Orlando / Kissimmee area timeshares are "a dime a dozen", so the glut and overabundance of them greatly reduces resale value (Disney Vacation Club being a noteworthy exception). In short, there must actually be some market interest and demand and value in the first place for what you want to sell. Even the most honest, energetic licensed brokers cannot magically make "a silk purse from a sow's ear".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 15, 2017 03:53 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.