Timeshare Companies

New to Bluegreen...Any insight??

Aug 09, 2014

Are you still an owner? If your having issues still let me know I can help

Angela R.
Aug 03, 2015

I just purchased the time share today. After reading the reviews my husband and I are stopping payment on the check and going back tomorrow to cancel it. Thank you for the warnings.

Amy S.
Jun 22, 2016

My husband and I have been owners with Bluegreen since December, but we're wanting to sell, has anybody been able to successfully sell their Bluegreen ownership? How was the process?

Cierra G.
Jun 22, 2016

There is a Bluegreen owners' page on Facebook. Some people have reported success by joining that group.

Just remember to never pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell your unit or points. You can advertise here on RedWeek with a paid membership but remember to be realistic as to what your points package is worth on the resale market.

Lance C.
Jun 25, 2017

I've been reading a lot about them but no one has mentioned how they do their income verification do I need to take documents with me or do they have that setup at the presentation??? Can u u help

Maya S.
Dec 12, 2017

Bail! Please bail! You are in for a lifetime of dues, unable to book... Hell! Freaking bail!

Martina W.
Dec 12, 2017

Bail! I cannot express enough how much you should bail!

Martina W.
Dec 12, 2017

Have you had any luck? My mom is a widow and trying to sell and is at her whits end. Any insight you can provide would be wonderful!! Martinawilkins@gmail.com

Martina W.
Dec 12, 2017

I would first suggest removing your e-mail address from your post. Now that you have emphatically stated your plight and intentions, you will probably start getting bombarded with scam attempts and other questionable companies looking to cash in on your emotions.

BTW, to whom are you responding and what do you mean by bail? Do you mean just stop paying maintenance fees and/or mortgage payments? If so, please realize that it might sound like the easiest way to get out of ownership, but it also comes with potential consequences.

As for your mom, the first suggestion I would give her/you is to never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell or "cancel" the timeshare. That is almost always a scam. The first thing would be to make sure that the maintenance fees are up to date and the mortgage paid off. If both those conditions are not met, then you/she will have a hard time (read: impossible) even giving it away.

Next, I would try contacting the resort's Homeowners' Association (to someone in charge and in writing) mentioning your mom's situation and that she would like to give the unit back. Mention that not another penny is going to be paid in maintenance fees. So it would be best for the HOA to take the unit back amicably. The resort might charge closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. But at least you will be dealing directly with the resort and not some questionable third party.

From what I've read on these boards, there is a Facebook page for Blue Green owners. If you can join that page, you might be able to find someone who wants your mom's unit. But again, make sure that the maintenance fees are up to date and the mortgage is paid off.

Lance C.
Dec 13, 2017

martinaw11 wrote:
My mom is a widow and trying to sell and is at her wits end. Any insight you can provide would be wonderful!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

First, I strongly agree with Lance's above suggestion to REMOVE your email address from your post. That's just providing an open invitation to assorted scammers and spammers who only want to separate you and / or your mother from your money. Cancel that invitation, or fail to do so at your peril.

I don't personally know much of anything about BlueGreen. However, I DO know that there is an entity called Pinnacle Vacations which is apparently a subsidiary or affiliate of BlueGreen which is directly involved with the resale of BlueGreen products. In general, BlueGreen ownerships have little resale value and command little interest in the resale market, but if there is another home to somehow be found for your mother's product, it is entirely possible that Pinnacle Vacations could at least get you pointed in the right direction.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with Pinnacle Vacations. I have never communicated with them, and I have no contact information for them --- but Google is your friend. I would suggest contacting Pinnacle Vacations to at least find out what assistance (if any) they can offer your mother. Whatever they can do (if anything) won't be free; they are not a charity, but they are at least completely legitimate and directly affiliated with BlueGreen (unlike any other entity you might consider). It will cost you absolutely NOTHING to initiate a conversation with them and at least inquire about what (if anything) they can do for you. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

DO NOT pay ANY upfront fees to ANY of the (far too many) "escape / relief / exit / rescue" outfits out there. They are useless parasites and they CANNOT magically extricate your mother from her ownership. They will accomplish NOTHING more than taking her money. Forewarned is forearmed.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 14, 2017 04:51 AM

Dec 19, 2019

Hello, I am a brand new owner and I saw that you work for BG? How do I get more points?? Will the points I have expire at the end of the year and I will loose them? I want to get the most out of it and I appreciate any help!

Elena F.
Feb 24, 2022

We have owned with Bluegreen since long before it was called Bluegreen. 1985!! WE LOVE BLUEGREEN!!! The customer service reps provide the absolute best ever customer service ever. Can’t say enough good about our experiences with Bluegreen. Not sure how many points you bought but even when we only had 11,000 points, we enjoyed many many trips to amazing places with Bluegreen! Congratulations on your purchase.

Michelle K.
Feb 27, 2022

Long-time BG owner here and it's a good entry to mid-level program. We have used it as we intended for over 15 years now. Their properties and overall flexibility have been good for how we vacation. The value of the program really will depend on your needs and how you vacation.

Alex M.
Mar 13, 2022

This message is posted by someone inside Bluegreen sales department.

I am a Bluegreen owner.

Bluegreen ranges from pretty good to absolute nightmare. There are many posts online about how horrendous Bluegreen has been for people who were lured by the freebies and pressured in to buying in to their timeshare system. It's actually like no other product. With other products, if you realised you made a mistake, or don't like it anymore, you can go the trash can and throw it away. Not timeshare. You are stuck with it - with a mortgage and annual dues. You can't even dump it. There is a whole industry that has spawned based on getting people out of their timeshare. So you sink thousands in to it, and then you have to pay someone else to get you out. This is the reality for many, maybe most people. It becomes a nightmare. For those with the disposable income to afford it, the resorts are nice.

Bluegreen posts on forums like this to try and balance out the horrific reviews. It's funny. You'll read like 8 reviews on consumer affairs websites how horrendous Bluegreen has been for new owners. Then there will be 2 vague reviews how awesome Bluegreen is.

C'mon Michelle K - the customer service reps, really??

David C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.