Kaanapali Beach Club

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

Feb 19, 2010

I had his email address years ago but unfortunately my laptop was stolen. I just discovered this website in a google search for Bill, so I hadn't read all the entries prior to my attempt to reach him here. I would love to vote for a candidate that will represent the owners best interests and wanted to know which would be likely to receive the most votes? I have been an owner since 2001 and don't feel Diamond is doing a great job. It appears to vote for Woodford and Kirkpatrick? Do you feel there would be a problem voting online? I hear a lot about assigning proxys, but if they aren't present, there seems to be a risk of a change in vote. It seems the safer way to go would be us voting directly unless I'm unaware of an advantage to assigning a proxy?

Thanks, Ann

davidl773 wrote:
Ann, Do you have a contact for Bill Burns ? I have been trying to contact him as I think he has a owners list. I have set myself up as an owners contact person and have been getting e-mail adresses from owners reading this site. It looks like many of us are voting for Kristen Kirkpatrick and Lawrence Woolford. It looks like Ron Wade is the only owner on the board now but this has not been confirmed by another person on this site. It is good that the owners are now using this site to look into the board election and about the resort in general. Let me know if you know how to contact Bill Burns. David losd@cox.net

Ann B.
Feb 19, 2010

davidl773 wrote:
Do we know the name and/or email of the present owner that is on the board ? Yes we do need a site where owners can communicate with each other, I thought that Bill Burns said that he or someone he knew had a list of owners ? If owners reading this posting would send me their e-mail addresses I will try to keep us all informed of what we can find out. I don't know Bill Burn's email or what state he is in so that someone can talk to him and find out information that he knew or who he passed it on to. Does anyone have any information on the present owner that is on the Board ? Lets see if we can start an owner's list. --losd@cox.net

Owner since 2001, please add me to your list. abaker@alchemy-south.com I will vote for Woodford and Kirkpatrick online unless someone feels it isn't safe to do so? In addition, who should we assign as proxy? Will Woodford or Kirkpatrick be present at the board meeting? Thanks

Ann B.

Last edited by annb255 on Feb 19, 2010 07:29 AM

Feb 19, 2010

I want to buy a resale timeshare for a deluxe ocean view fee simple deeded unit but the reservation dept. wont talk to me until I am an owner, and I need to know if I will be restricted to certain check in days or if I can check in any day of the week next Jan 2011. (if they have room) ? Also what is the cancelation policy if I can"t make it ?

I appreciate any info. Bill1496

Bill B.
Feb 19, 2010

Has anybody given thought to nominating Richard Gray? He is also an owner, for over 10 years. I like that he says "we're owners, not cash cows". Any thoughts ? We need to make sure we are all on the same page with our selections.

Deborah G.
Feb 19, 2010

I believe checkin days for owners are every day except Tuesday and Wednesday. I own a deluxe oceanview EOY (Even years) float week that I am considering selling if you are interested. You can cancel your week and reschedule without a penalty, but you can't carry it over to the next year. Hope this helps.

Deborah G.
Feb 19, 2010

Personally, I prefer Kirkpatrick (along with Woodford) because she would be most likely to forward pertinent communications. In addition, her name was mentioned many times throughout which hopefully means they would receive enough votes.

Ann B.
Feb 19, 2010

Kirkpatrick yes, but Woodward or Gray? They both sound like they would represent us as owners well, so why are most leaning towards Woodward?

Deborah G.
Feb 19, 2010

debbie1904 wrote:
Kirkpatrick yes, but Woodward or Gray? They both sound like they would represent us as owners well, so why are most leaning towards Woodward?

They both have a similar bio with our interest in mind but I give the nod to Woodward because his home is there and easy access to the resort when necessary sounds important at this time.

James W.
Feb 19, 2010

annb255 wrote:
... Do you feel there would be a problem voting online? I hear a lot about assigning proxys, but if they aren't present, there seems to be a risk of a change in vote. It seems the safer way to go would be us voting directly unless I'm unaware of an advantage to assigning a proxy?

Thanks, Ann

Hi Ann,

I am again making a statement based on experience with other voting; Voting via the internet and voting via mail are exactly the same, aside from one being electronic and the other paper. There is a proxy designation in both cases.

Is there someone reading this forum who is attending the meeting? If you are well know as a non DRI affiliated owner, people need to know you are attending!

Beck
Feb 19, 2010

bill1496 wrote:
I want to buy a resale timeshare for a deluxe ocean view fee simple deeded unit but the reservation dept. wont talk to me until I am an owner, and I need to know if I will be restricted to certain check in days or if I can check in any day of the week next Jan 2011. (if they have room) ? Also what is the cancelation policy if I can"t make it ?

I appreciate any info. Bill1496

I believe checkin days for owners are every day except Tuesday and Wednesday. I own a deluxe oceanview EOY (Even years) float week that I would be interested in selling if you are interested. You can cancel your week and reschedule without a penalty, but you can't carry it over to the next year. Hope this helps.

Deborah G.
Feb 19, 2010

OK, I am not an attorney, but my sister is, and I am pretty good at legallese.

First, the proxy ballot states; " If a completed ballot is submitted with your proxy, the proxy holder will vote in accordance with the ballot on issues presented in the ballot".

Point one; The elections are issues and they are presented on the ballot. Point two; "will" in this case, is a directive, and is not open to negotiation. Point three; This statement is simple, clear, and straight forward. It is not open to interpretation. At least not without breaking the contract (law).

Second, the proxy states; "If I/we do not designate candidates below, I/we hereby authorize my/our proxy to vote as he/she may determine.

This statement reinforces the previous one. The only way the proxy can vote as they wish is if there is no candidate designated on the ballot.

The only way they can prevail is if we argue the point to long and do not submit our votes prior to one second before midnight on the 22nd. Decide what you are going to do and get them in on time!

As far as internet voting, I am no expert, but I actually trust it more. Why? because it is administered by what looks to be an independant third party. (check out their web site at smartinfo.us) It might be a little harder for DRI to alter the votes if there is a third party keeping records of the votes submitted. Just a thought for what it's worth.

Last point, why are we voting for Kirkpatrick and Woodford? Because someone suggested them as appearing to be legitimate owners not on the payroll of DRI and no one has found any information to the contrary. We are all pretty much guessing at this point and they sound like as good of a guess as anyone else listed. And finally, if we do not all stick together with our votes we can be assured that DRI will reinstall their yes men on the board.

Remember, the votes and proxy must be DELIVERED (not postmarked, but received) by the 22nd. That means that if you haven't voted yet your only option is via the internet. You cannot overnight to a P.O. Box.

Brien B.
Feb 20, 2010

Well I will be voting for Woodward and Kirkpatrick then, and I do hope all out there will do the same. There are alot of candidates on the ballot and it so important to stay together on this. Might be a good idea to put a post up on the other forums like Tugs and TimeshareForums. Has anyone seen any other postings on this subject?

Deborah G.
Feb 21, 2010

Seems like the pesons we should be contacting are the two front runner candiates. I voted for Kirkpatrick and Woodward based on previous communications with Bill but does anyone have conatct information for these two owners on the ballot? DrRohey@aol.com

Roger W.
Feb 21, 2010

They prefer you do not check in on Tuesday or Wednesday but I don't think it is cast in stone. There is no penalty for cancelation as far as I know, but you cannot carry your week over to the next year so you need to be sure you have time to reschedule and use it. I have an annual deluxe ocean view for sale for $10,000 if you are interested. garybodine@juno.com. 253-862-8230.

Gary B.
Feb 22, 2010

I think Woodford is preferred for the following reasons:

- previously served on board with Bill - primary residence is 1/2 mile from the KBC resort, so he should be able to attend board meetings and stay on top of/address issues quickly

Found these on Woodford and Kirkpatrick in a google search:

http://www.woodfordortho.com/meet/woody.html (Orthodontist in Arizona)

http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=7141192&authToken=xFWb&authType=NAME_SEARCH&locale=en_US&srchindex=4&pvs=ps&goback=%2Efps_*1_Kristen_Kirkpatrick_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_true_G%2CN%2CCC%2CI%2CPC%2CED%2CFG%2CL%2CDR_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2 (LinkedIn website Kristen Kirkpatrick in Sacremento, CA)

Could these be the owners on the ballot???

I hope this is the right decision.

Ann B.

Last edited by annb255 on Feb 22, 2010 06:51 AM

Feb 22, 2010

Today's the final day to vote. I am hoping we have reached enough owners who are proactive and will select these candidates. How soon will we know the outcome of this election?

Deborah G.
Feb 23, 2010

The board meeting is Friday afternoon, Feb. 26, so I'm hoping the results from the vote/election will follow shortly thereafter. If any owners are going, please try to gather other owners contacts and ask them to sign up here to maintain communication and solidarity. I feel the maintenance fees are out of line, and don't think the funds are being spent as optimally as they could be. Unfortunately, I will not be attending the meeting.

Ann B.
Jun 12, 2010

We are having huge issues with Diamond Resorts. We have written them about 20 times with no response. They don't call back, they don't answer their emails. They are terrible managers. Can you help as a board member?

Terry

Terry K.
Jun 14, 2010

What is your issues with DRI? Where and to whom are you writing to and e-mailing?

Beck
Nov 16, 2010

My wife and I purchased back when it was Ebassy Suites in 2000 and have enjoyed several vacations on the Island. Now with DRI at the management helm I can't afford to get to Hawaii and stay at KBC which is upsetting as we do enjoy our time there.

DRI Hiked the fees charged for KBC resort management from 950,000 in 2008 to 2.5 million in 2009 explaining that management fees were not inline withindustry standards, DRI being the industry standard of which they speak I'm sure (sounds alot like wool being pulled, if you ask me).

How does DRI say "SCREW YOU"? "TRUST" me... I did not join their "TRUST" program, but still I'm stuck funding thier corporate beast. Do these guy really have this much power over the owners? I have read nothing but bad new about DRI and thier underhanded tactics. How do we unravel these guys?

Cocerned Vacation Owner

Vacation O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.