Kaanapali Beach Club

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

Dec 23, 2010

Does anyone know how Bill Burns is? I am the Vice- President of the New York Hilton Club which is a timeshare in New York operated by HGVC. I know its too late to put my name in to run for the Board for this Timeshare but will do so next time. I would like to contact Bill to enlist his help in running a strong campaign. It's time to hold Diamond responsible for their actions and to reduce the fees which in my opinion are exorbitant. Thanks for your help Happy Holidays

Jerry

Jerry U.
Dec 24, 2010

jigger wrote:
Does anyone know how Bill Burns is? I am the Vice- President of the New York Hilton Club which is a timeshare in New York operated by HGVC. I know its too late to put my name in to run for the Board for this Timeshare but will do so next time. I would like to contact Bill to enlist his help in running a strong campaign. It's time to hold Diamond responsible for their actions and to reduce the fees which in my opinion are exorbitant. Thanks for your help Happy Holidays

Jerry

Jerry, I know of no way to contact him. He has not been involved for over a year now. Gary

Gary B.
Dec 25, 2010

Thanks Gary, Im willing to go looking for him. Any idea where he lives. I know he was not well. Jerry

Jerry U.
Dec 26, 2010

jigger wrote:
Thanks Gary, Im willing to go looking for him. Any idea where he lives. I know he was not well. Jerry

Sorry Jerry, I can be of no help. Gary

Gary B.
Dec 27, 2010

Is there any agreement on which candidates will be the most helpful to owners in the upcoming elections? Just received my ballot, rather short notice. Brien

Brien B.
Dec 28, 2010

Narrowing the field of candidates by eliminating any candidate that works for DRI. I do not know any of these people from Adam and I want someone who will truly represent the OWNERS and not have some DRI agenda/interests to protect.

Jay Flake says he is the guy for the job, but as with any elected position saying and doing are often not the same. I want my vote to count, but the only way that can happen is if we as owners can promote to other owners which candidates would best represent deeded owners we would be better able to cast our ballots for true owner representation.

My first draft short List;

Michael Brown John Campolongo Jay Flake Kristen Moorhead Mark Reines Ron Wade

The rest either state they work for or may have some affinity to protecting DRI like being GOLD members, or some how indicated in their summary they felt DRI should be respected. I strong ly disagree with their position so they were removed as possible candidates.

If anyone else has further knowledge of which candidates to vote for please post

My two Cents

CVO

Vacation O.
Dec 28, 2010

The only way we can ensure our votes count is if we vote as a block. We need tom get an email list and send it to all owners with a list of 2 people who we recommend Jerry

Jerry U.
Dec 28, 2010

I remember hearing good recommendations for Ron Wade during the last election cycle. The others I do not know anything about. Where are their bios? Candidates? Anyone listening out there?

Brien B.
Dec 28, 2010

I have spent more time reading and posting tonight and have narrowed and somewhat revised my short list to

Ron Wade Kirsten Kirkpatrick

Jay Flake I guess we need to get to know you better.

CVO

Vacation O.
Dec 29, 2010

I think Michael Brown was supposed to read "Michelle Brown"?

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 02:12 PM

Dec 29, 2010

I agree on Ron Wade and Kirsten Kirkpatrick based on last year's evaluation of candidates.

Ann B.
Dec 29, 2010

Who will be attending the meeting whom we can name as our proxy?

Beck
Dec 30, 2010

I was talking with another owner (also rather upset about DRI CR@P) and he just put up a new website to help KBC owners build a community and help get KBC info out. He just want to help get everybody on the same page.

http://www.kbcowners.com

I think he just set it up there are no real threads yet, but maybe...

We must do something and this could be good, you will need to register, but it is easy and free.

CVO

Vacation O.
Dec 31, 2010

I urge everyone to join. The power of the Internet is huge. United we can prevail.. Jerry

Jerry U.
Jan 01, 2011

FYI Oahu attorney got Quintas Management Company thrown off the Hanalei Bay Resort's Board in 2010.

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 02:13 PM

Jan 01, 2011

Just voted for Ron Wade and Kristen Kirkpatrick. It's unfortunate we don't have a email database of owners as it would not be to difficult to rally the owners with a directed effort. WIth the short notice this year I suspect this will be difficult.

Maybe Kristen with her marketing communication skills can be tapped.

Roger W.
Jan 01, 2011

While having a database of email addresses of owners would be great, I say action is the next best thing. We need to take action visit;

http://www.kbcowners.com

This is a brand new site aimed at collecting those email addresses in to a secure database. He is a little lost when it comes to the politics of resort management, but he used to own a web design company and knows how to get that going. He told me he put the site up in a couple of hours just wants to help, he said it is paid for in full for 1 year for the domain names (he also registered KBCowners.org) and the website hosting. sign up it is a start toward our common goal.

CVO

Vacation O.
Jan 02, 2011

Does anyone know who will be attending the meeting in January?

I know the proxy name does not matter as it is only to establish a quorum, I would still feel more comfortable knowing that my votes will be counted as cast...

CVO

Vacation O.
Jan 02, 2011

I am a deeded week owner! I'm not sure why it does not include points owners as well.

Eventually, if there is a management change, the two types of ownership will have to come to some sort of agreement or solution on how maintain control of the board.

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 02:15 PM

Jan 02, 2011

kpaul5257

I spoke with KBCowners.com, He is working to get more content and trying to provide a place for the deeded owners. Unfortunately the DRI points thing creates some issues that KBCowners can not address at this time. He did say he has no issue with them registering on the list, but he is not sure if the deeded owners efforts might adversely affect DRI POINTS members and their underling deeds in the "TRUST".

I am sure DRI Points members are disappointed with the direction DRI has taken and they have a legitimate beef as well. This will take some time to sort out, unless DRI suddenly gets a conscience and help unwind the trust. As this would set a precedence for further unraveling of DRIs' point system worldwide, I only see that happening by court order. We can only hope that is the future.

CVO

Vacation O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.