Kaanapali Beach Club

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

Oct 08, 2014

I don't know about the owners site. I know that I lurk here and watch all the posts. I would imagine I am not the only one keeping an eye on the KBC posts. Fixed date, fixed room, every year owner.

Brien B.
Oct 09, 2014

I believe the KBC owners site has gone away, but I would be happy to reconnect if someone is savvy enough to create a site.

Ann B.
Nov 07, 2014

I too am guilty of lurking here;

And we are even year owner from Embassy days, and I just kisses away my 2014 week because we did Tahiti this year.

--Unless you know anyone that can go 12/18 - 12/25. "Yes please let me spend Xmas day at the airport... yeah!!".

They rejected my desired dates, they claimed that this or two other dates that overlapped Thanksgiving were available for me this year.

CVO

Vacation O.
Nov 07, 2014

KBCOwners site did fold a couple years back due to financial reasons and time constraints to maintain the site.

CVO

Vacation O.
Nov 08, 2014

count me in

Roland S.
Dec 21, 2014

Is anyone questioning the most recent assessment fees. Outraged not only the cost but the last minute bill which is due in a couple weeks.

billb168 wrote:
We wanted to draw your attention to a website dedicated to the owners at the Ka'anapali Beach Vacation Resort. The website was created to provide a means to communicate with all owners of our resort. Our goal is to become a vital communication link between Sunterra Corporation (the Developer) and the resort owners – the folks that pay all of the bills.

For the past several years we have been on a campaign to develop more owner input to the board of our resort. We had concerns regarding the business side of our resort and an apparent lack of owner input in the decision making process. A very real problem can exist when owners do not take an active role in the management of the property, but abdicate that power back to the developer and their employees. There is an obvious conflict of interest, in decisions like manager compensation, acceptable sales and reservation practices, usage of resort facilities, and more.

What we have been lacking is a reasonable amount of communication between the Developer, the board and the owners. We must get involved. We must develop more owner input. Our goal should be to work closely with the developer in doing all that we can to maintain the appeal of our resort and to protect our investments.

We were able to get another owner elected to the board of directors last year. Our annual meeting is coming up on March 9th and we hope to continue our progress in getting more owner representation.

Please go to www.kaanapalibeachresortowners.com/dnn and log in. It will take a few minutes to return an email with an authentication code you can use the first time you log on.

Please check in frequently to keep abreast of what is going on at our resort. When very important information is added, we will send an email to all registered owners alerting them to the update.

Again, welcome.

Bill Burns Owner Board Member

Randy H.
Jan 03, 2015

BEWARE: buried in your Club dues are two new charges. We have the regular club dues plus a new points fee and they included travel insurance that you have to opt out of. Shame on me for not reading the invoice in detail (five clicks into the site = intent to bury information) so I paid it. Later I wondered why the 40% increase and discovered the breakdown. I requested a reimbursement for the travel insurance since it never occurred to me that options would be automatic and not an "opt out" and I asked for an explanation of the points fee since it was nowhere in the FAQ. As yet I have not heard back on either question. I told them that any significant fee increase should have been spelled out in the cover email - nothing.

Next the request for Board nominations came out but they failed to complete the part of the email that says where to send your nomination. I emailed again and have as yet heard nothing back.

I love my resort but Diamond? Anything BUT relaxation simplified.

Kristen K.
Jan 03, 2015

Thanks for the info. I'll be double checking what I pay.

Wendy T.
Jan 17, 2015

I checked my invocie and it looks the same as it always has ($1477 this year). Where did you find the hidden fees? Wendy

Wendy T.
Jan 17, 2015

It is in the Club fees. Last year this was $319, which I objected to because I only go to my home resort (KBC.) I don't use the benefits, so why pay for them? They told me I had to pay or my reservations in April 2014 would be cancelled. This year it jumped to $511, which I paid as I didn't want to jeopardize my January 2015 reservations. But why the increase? The standard fee was about the same, but they added $54 per week ($162 for us) AND they added $79 for travelers insurance, which you could opt NOT to pay. My objection was that people generally opt in, not out. So three weeks later I am still waiting to have that refunded. I believe that all of this, and an explanation of "why" should have been in the cover email, not buried five clicks into the site. I still don't know why I have to pay base fee AND points fee when all I do is go to KBC. And I wonder how much interest Mr. Cloobeck makes on taking weeks and weeks to refund our money. All I want is full disclosure...

Kristen K.
Feb 01, 2015

Are there any attorneys in this group? We did an "owner update" today and have some concerns about DRI playing a little too free and loose with contract law...we have questions but need to direct them to a professional.

Kristen K.
Feb 11, 2015

Kristen,

I am putting in my VOA/AOAO votes. Given the option, who would you prefer to work with? After I vote for you, I am leaning towards Mr. Cushnyr and/or Mr. Carrozzo. With your background and dedication to the KBC owners I would appreciate your advice on them or anyone else you might consider as helpful to the OWNERS. Good luck!

Brien

Brien B.
Feb 13, 2015

A while ago Mr. Cushnyr was highly recommended and identified as a known owner.

Kathleen F.
Feb 14, 2015

I think those choices are great - I truly love that resort and want to ensure that the interests of ALL owners are represented, including those who are deeded to that specific property.

Kristen K.
Feb 20, 2015

In an effort to improve the odds of owners being elected and re-elected. Would the best odds be to vote the following? VOA-Ron Wade (owner/incumbent) and Kristen Kirkpatrick OR Gerald Cushnyr??? AOAO-Ron Wade and Kristen, Gerald, and/or Jim Hocker??? Is Jim Hocker affiliated with Diamond Resorts or strictly an owner?

Ann B.
Feb 20, 2015

Hello all, I will repost what I posted on the Facebook page 'DRI Friends Worldwide'. Thank you for taking the time to research the candidates and make the best choice for all of our interests!

I have been vacationing at the property since 1988 (I was 12 years old on our first trip-before it officially opened as the Embassy Suites Hotel). We have gone back almost every year since and I now spend every Easter there with my family. I own 3 deeded weeks and my parents have several weeks both deeded and in the points system. We have seen a lot of improvements over the years, but also a lot of amenities disappear despite consistent and often excessive fee increases. We need to ensure our money is being well spent and any savings get passed back to the owners...I'd like to see a few fee reductions if possible! There are several things I'd like to see changed right away- the owner's update should be just that..not a high pressure sales pitch from a used car salesman. Am I the only one that misses the manager's happy hour? The included (no add'l charge) breakfast buffet of years past was a fantastic and unique feature of the property. How difficult/ expensive would it be to have things like snorkel gear, paddle boards, kayaks available to owners and their guests to use either free or nearly free? ..also things like beach coolers/ umbrellas to check out for outings...an in-house blog/ review board for honest restaurant ratings and suggestions...The green tile floors will need to be updated soon...with nearly 100% occupancy, why cant we have a destination-quality restaurant in-house?...I have a lot more ideas but I think I'm running out of room! If you agree that I would represent our interests well please vote for me. If you have any questions feel free to ask- either publicly on this post or private message me. If you choose me to represent our interests I will always be available for questions, suggestions, and help with any problems that you want addressed.

Steve C.
Feb 20, 2015

Bravo We wish you luck,

Jerry U.
Feb 21, 2015

Thank you. It is about time someone actually took the time to "campaign" and post here! (Beside Kirsten) Thank you for sharing your ideas and vision of restoring "our" resort back to more like it was in the "good old days" of breakfast, cocktails, and reasonable fees! I agree, those small amenities really set our resort apart from all the rest. Thank you for your interest and offer to serve, we all appreciate it. I will be changing my vote to include you. One thing, who are you ;) ? I assume it is Steve Carrozzo but your name is not included in the post! Good luck!

Brien B.
Feb 21, 2015

Agreed! Thank you Steve and Kristen for your willingness to serve! I wish you both the best of luck and hope we can muster a consensus for an owner addition to the board!! Our voices need to be heard. I too feel the fees are not justified.

Ann B.
Feb 21, 2015

The more we can do to restore the resort to what we actually bought will be good. These things cost money, but I'd rather have some benefits that come naturally rather than be offered $150+ to sit through an "owner update" that doesn't generate new sales. It would be interesting to see what the sales department spends, and to what extent (if any) it takes away from the truly fine aloha care that the other departments work hard to deliver. We bought three times because Embassy exceeded our expectations, it was easy to get lodging and we bought where we wanted to go. We never wanted what DRI offers, as did many others. We just want what we bought. It's an amazing resort with solidly good people working there and owning there who deserve the "relaxation simplified" that seems to elude too many people. It's really not a lot to ask and I think is do-able if we work together.

Kristen K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.