Kaanapali Beach Club

Sunterra sold to Diamond Resorts LLC

Jul 02, 2010

We had 44,000 points with our Timeshare and we did get a ballot to vote each year. For my 44,000 points, and they were all paid for, my maintenance fees were over $3,000. the last year we had it. We got a card from a company called Apex Professionals and we went to a meeting thinking we were going to sell our timeshare and they gave such a scare presentation about maintenance fees that in a panic, we agreed to pay $5,490. for them to take it out of our name. i feel they are a rip-off and actually feel that these companies are charging people to take them out of their name and then giving them back to Diamond Resorts to be resold. I sure wish there was someone to stop them from taking advantage of more people.

Mary M.
Jul 02, 2010

Has anyone out there successfully broken a contract with Diamond? When you have already paid hundreds of dollars for the time share and it is paid for? You are in a loop of never being able to get rid of it. All states attorney generals should try and do something about this because of the lack of disclosure. We had three deeds and they took the two largest and blended them together without our knowledge and consent which makes it even harder to see if the market comes back. How can they do that without consent? Is our only answer paying another company to get out of this and can we even trust them. Time share owners need help on this practice.

Ruth H.
Nov 06, 2010

I know this thread of e-mails is old, but is anyone still watching it?

I have a friend who bought 5,000 points/yr several years ago. She has since realized that there's not much she can do with those 5000 points.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are they worth anything to someone who might want to increase their points ? Any idea of what these points are worth ?

Kerry L.
Nov 06, 2010

I don't understand too much about points, but as a deeded owner I know that my maintenance fees are much more than a points owner with the same room category. Can someone explain to me why that is?

Deborah G.
Nov 07, 2010

Did you notice above, we had points and we paid over $3,000. two years ago

Mary M.
Dec 18, 2011

Well now, love of the points system is good , but if you are a member of The Hawaii Collection you now have been charged for the water intrusion at Poipu that no one knew about until they levied the .16.7 cent per point fee on you with of course the goodby threat if not payed by Dec. 31, 2011. Feel good?

Clayton E.
Dec 18, 2011

That 190000 points sound like a Diamond employee talking BS to influence the blog!

Clayton E.
Dec 18, 2011

Please all join the DRIP site in the UK they are extremely active and the BBC will air a programme about DRI/Cloobeck Rip OFF BRITAIN...

Pamela J.
Dec 19, 2011

cali_girl_xoxo wrote:
Ok, so if i understand this correctly, if we simply do NOT give in to the pressure to convert to points, we will be able to retain our fee simple timeshare? And we can still get any of the 52 weeks? Because that is the exact reason we bought it when it was Embassy. It seems totally unfair to sell us something with the benefit of something attractive like that and then yank it away. We had gone to a LOT of timeshare presentations for a lot of different companies, and that's what sold us on Embassy in the first place!

When we went last year, we were pressured very hard at our "owner update" to buy another week and said if we upgraded our ownership by adding another week, we could upgrade to an ocean front for either or both weeks by purchasing points to make up any difference for $90 a week, I believe it was. What they didn't tell us was that, of course, that was only if an ocean view was available and of course they are quite limited in supply on this property. In fact, they offered to get us an ocean front for our current stay if we bought the other week. Unfortunately, when they checked with the registration desk, none were available. That was a pretty good indication of what we were likely to encounter-- and most telling is it was not a prime summertime week or holiday week that we were there-- kind of in-between whale season and summertime and the resort was not very full-- except apparently the ocean front rooms!

Stupidly, because of the fast-talking salesperson (Charles) and pressure from the VP or whoever supposedly had the authority to offer us more benefits, we bought a second week. It was LOTS of pressure like a car salesman-- and no offense meant to used car salesmen because I used to be one and I know some places can be brutal (which is why I didn't work in T.O. house). When we got home we talked about it and thought about it and decided it wasn't really what we wanted and we used our right to cancel within 7 days. Of course we got a call from the salesperson telling us what a mistake we'd made after we sent in our form, but I know we made the right decision. I think this year we're going to look at Marriott and Westin. Anyone have any recommendations there?

Cali girl, If you are still on this site I would like to know how to were able to cancel within the 7 day period and where you got the cancellation form from? We just purchased on Saturday and we really need to cancel. This is not what we thought it was and the points required to stay at many of the resorts are FAR higher than the salesperson told us they would be. He tried to tell us that it would be about 1,500 pts/week to stay at these resorts but that clearly is not the case AT ALL!!! It's a minimun of like 4,000 at a gross old resort. Anyhow we thought it would save us money while traveling but with the mf it's going to cost us LOTS and we honestly don't have that kind of extra money atm and need to cancel ASAP!

Thanks for you help with this - I hope you are still following this post. If anyone else can help that would be greatly appreciate too!

Cheers!

Jill M.
Dec 19, 2011

I forgot about these posts that were here. It looks like you are doing your homework and I applaud you for that.

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 02:26 PM

Jul 20, 2016

Still KBC Owner? Considering action against DRI but need help gathering financial info. Need to contact current or former KBC HOA Board members sympathetic to Owners' plight. Contact here or smith2n2@hotmail.com

Phil S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.