Sheraton Vistana Resort

Sheraton Vistana, Starpoints and exchanging

Sep 08, 2007

bruce727 wrote:
frankc109 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
libby31 wrote:
Why would redweek remove your messages? There doesn't seem to be anything in them that is wrong or against the rules. Or are the two that were removed different? I did not get to see them.

Ads or requests for rentals, sales, or exchanges in the forums are not permitted and the messages that were removed were such that one person wanted to sell their timeshare another wanted to buy it. If someone wants to sell their timeshare they would need to create a posting on RedWeek.com and if you are looking to purchase a timeshare you need to contact the owner through their posting page as a paid member.

Thanks, Marty

Thank ou Marty for clearing it up, didn't mean to break the rules. Kind of roll along with what cross my mind at the time. Won't happen again, you have to be paid for services that your forum provides, and it is been great.
Hey Marty,

If we have an active listing "for rent" that's not generating many inquiries can we "plug it" in the forums? I have received three inquiries to my ad and have dropped the price twice...

Bruce, I'd really like to say yes but I would hate to see our forums fill up with rental or sales. I'm sorry.

Marty

Marty F
Sep 08, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
bruce727 wrote:
frankc109 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
libby31 wrote:
Why would redweek remove your messages? There doesn't seem to be anything in them that is wrong or against the rules. Or are the two that were removed different? I did not get to see them.

Ads or requests for rentals, sales, or exchanges in the forums are not permitted and the messages that were removed were such that one person wanted to sell their timeshare another wanted to buy it. If someone wants to sell their timeshare they would need to create a posting on RedWeek.com and if you are looking to purchase a timeshare you need to contact the owner through their posting page as a paid member.

Thanks, Marty

Thank ou Marty for clearing it up, didn't mean to break the rules. Kind of roll along with what cross my mind at the time. Won't happen again, you have to be paid for services that your forum provides, and it is been great.
Hey Marty,

If we have an active listing "for rent" that's not generating many inquiries can we "plug it" in the forums? I have received three inquiries to my ad and have dropped the price twice...

Bruce, I'd really like to say yes but I would hate to see our forums fill up with rental or sales. I'm sorry.

Marty

Marty, thank you for keeping us on track and on topic, as a result of your interaction in this forum, I listed my Xmas week for Vistana Resort on the paid service, but it didn't review the cost, it lead me down the path that appeared to be $9.99 for the listing, but it is $19.00 plus $9.99 for the six month membership, it didn't have any review screen, I pick the 3 months plan and next think I was given was the comfirmation page. It is not very good customer service without first preview the total order. Please pass on the message to your checkout department, I am happy to pay for your services, but it was very much like a "get him quick" kind of feel to it. Also I didn't see the option to upgrade to the annual membership, since this order was placed so quickly, I would have consider the 1 year plan, it didn't give me that option with the "get me quick" check out process. Hope you can put in a few good words.

Frank C.
Sep 10, 2007

frankc109 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
bruce727 wrote:
frankc109 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
libby31 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

Hey Marty,

Marty

Marty, thank you for keeping us on track and on topic, as a result of your interaction in this forum, I listed my Xmas week for Vistana Resort on the paid service, but it didn't review the cost, it lead me down the path that appeared to be $9.99 for the listing, but it is $19.00 plus $9.99 for the six month membership, it didn't have any review screen, I pick the 3 months plan and next think I was given was the comfirmation page. It is not very good customer service without first preview the total order. Please pass on the message to your checkout department, I am happy to pay for your services, but it was very much like a "get him quick" kind of feel to it. Also I didn't see the option to upgrade to the annual membership, since this order was placed so quickly, I would have consider the 1 year plan, it didn't give me that option with the "get me quick" check out process. Hope you can put in a few good words.

Hi Frank,

I wanted you to know that I have sent your feedback on to my manager. We are always wanting to know how we can improve processes for our members. Your experience and suggestion is a good one that I hope we incooperate into the check out process.

Thanks so much, Marty

Marty F
Sep 17, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
libby31 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

HOW SAFE DO YOU THINK IT IS TO USE REDWEEK? I AM THINKING TO RENT FOR THIS MARCH, BUT YET TO BUY ISN'T THAT MUCH MORE. MY FAMILY LIKES TO STAY IN THE SPAS UNITS. THEY ARE OLDER...BUT CONVENIENT TO THE POOLS AND STORE.

Lori M.
Sep 17, 2007

lorim54 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
libby31 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

HOW SAFE DO YOU THINK IT IS TO USE REDWEEK? I AM THINKING TO RENT FOR THIS MARCH, BUT YET TO BUY ISN'T THAT MUCH MORE. MY FAMILY LIKES TO STAY IN THE SPAS UNITS. THEY ARE OLDER...BUT CONVENIENT TO THE POOLS AND STORE.

Just be careful to buy what you want, many older units are given away in order to avoid the annual fees. So buy it right is the key and if you like the Sheraton vacation products, you can always arrange to upgrade. That is what I am doing right now, purchased two resale and trade up for a newer unit and join SVN in the process. Save thousands. Best wishes!

Frank C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.