Timeshare Companies

Dream Travel Condos anyone?

Jul 11, 2015

I listened to the hearing and her motion to reinstate the bankruptcy was denied, so Dream Travel is not protected from her debtors by any laws. They did state that there were no assests in the business. The judge ask why she filed for chapter 7 and she said she was being harassed. I guess that happends when you owe over $1M dollars and have taken money for reservation that you do not provide.

Snowflake
Jul 12, 2015

Now that she has been denied bankruptcy it's time to pursue her for possible criminal activity. If you are a victim and haven't filed a complaint you can do so with the FTC. They have a special unit that investigates timeshare fraud. Their phone number is 1-877-382-4357. They can use her bankruptcy filing statements against her if they are not consistent with the actual facts. They can also use her posts in the forum against her. She is going to have to account for where all the money went. The IRS also might be interested in this case. Anyone can sue her civilly and force her to disclose her financial information under oath. Maybe some of you might get together and file joint suits.

Don P.
Jul 13, 2015

While Don is technically correct in the real world it won't work. First, she never filed any financial information so that can't use that. Second, the FTC may write her letter but I believe it won't get any farther.

I suggest, as Don said, civilly sue her,,,,,,the best way to do it is to find a good paralegal if you can't afford an attorney. And frankly most attorneys will look at anything like this and probably not want the case because of the stink on it from her. I have never done a "group" suit before but as you know from my previous postings I have been dead on about how it was all going to fall out. Kudos to those who filed their objections because that coupled with the fact she wouldn't reveal financial information pushed the judge to get out and he wasn't so polite to her attorney either. I ordered the audio hearing. Mr. Middleton was scolded well and may indeed be referred for discipline. He admitted filing the wrong type of bankruptcy but blamed it on the victims saying they were threatening her. Bologna.

Lorilee L.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 13, 2015 08:21 AM

Jul 13, 2015

she was told she could not re-file, she did not provide her financial information as requested in February 2015. I also think the judge looked at the objections filed and realized this case is a problem - but that is conjecture on my part

Lorilee L.
Jul 13, 2015

I still advise anyone who has lost money to her to file a complaint with the FTC, It costs you nothing and if they get enough complaints they will definitely investigate her and her fly by night company. She has to answer to someone for her scam.

Don P.
Jul 14, 2015

Can anyone order a copy of the hearing? If so, how and how much?

Susan K.
Aug 04, 2015

Has anyone heard back from the Attorney General yet or contacted a lawyer regarding a class action suit? I've heard that she is operating another business. Anyone know what it is? She had plans for an outdoor tactical supply shop but I don't know if she ever went through with it. God knows she had the cash to do so. As the bankruptcy has been denied, we can legally contact her now, correct?

Trix P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 04, 2015 08:51 PM

Jun 05, 2016

Does anyone know what happened to Tonya? She is not in Bankruptcy, so we are free to go after her. She does have another business probably purchased with all the money she stole from us.

Snowflake
Jun 06, 2016

What is the other business?

Rosy C.
Jun 06, 2016

Does anyone have information to share about how or where to file a claim against her? Any information would be appreciated.

Lynne
Jun 06, 2016

If you have already been refunded your money by your credit card company or bank then you can't go after her for your money. If you have not received your money back then you can go after her at any time to get your money back as she is not protected by bankruptcy. Does anyone know if the business has been dissolved?

Kitty C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.