I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Forum: Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

page 39 of 39

«  prev page   1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39   next page  »

Message Author

By Deborah F.

If you give it to a charity..don't you still have to pay maintenance fee?

Avatar for Deborah F. Deborah F.

4 months ago
Oct 01, 2018

By Stu M.

deborahf157 wrote:

If a charitable organization's management were foolish enough to accept a timeshare, that organization -- not you --would be on the hook for the maintenance fee. the question is, Why in the world would any charitable organization accept a timeshare as a gift? To sell it? Ha! If YOU can't sell it, how can THEY?

4 months ago
Oct 01, 2018

By Lance C.

deborahf157 wrote:

You might have to pay the charity what they call a "service charge", but if the charity takes possession of your unit, then they will be responsible for future maintenance fees.

4 months ago
Oct 02, 2018

By Aron P.

So go ahead and make a generalization about "every company" and go ahead and the next time you want to advertise something for sale in s newspaper, tell them you wont pay upfront. Try it with Redweeks. Advertise with them but tell them you wont pay upfront fees. Let's see if you'll get THEM to do anything with that attitude.

4 months ago
Oct 02, 2018

By Aron P.

Hey Danp196 So......what do you do for a living?

4 months ago
Oct 02, 2018

Message deleted.

By David K.

Charities, by and large, are not taking these any more. They are not as stupid as those of us who were scammed into buying them in the first place.

4 months ago
Oct 08, 2018

By Mark T.

Marriott Vacation Club stole my Timeshare in Orlando. After 17 years of ownership, they stole my 35,000 USD property because I forgot to pay the 1200 USD maintenance fee one time. I moved and did not receive the notice. They had my phone number and email address, but sent the notice via "snail mail". Who does that in 2018! When I noticed that I had not paid the annual maintenance fee I contacted them to make arrangements to pay it immediately. When I called them, they said "too bad" we took it already! Crooks!!!

4 months ago
Oct 16, 2018

By Bo G.

I find that this site is the best source of renting the timeshares out (by word of mouth).

Above is a statement from your piece about scamers. Are you saying Red Week is a best source or word of mouth? Is Red Week a scamming site?

1 month ago
Jan 03, 2019

By Bo G.

I was told that the ultimate responsible party to pay any maintenance fees that have been unpaid is the original owner. Be careful how you exit your contract.

1 month ago
Jan 03, 2019

Message deleted.

page 39 of 39

«  prev page   1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free