Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Aug 16, 2009

I myself had been involved with a company such as this a while back. They sold resale services to owners for thousands of dollars and never did a thing to fulfill the agreement. I became so good at it (unfortunately) that I quickly got bumped into management and got to see how things worked behind the curtain. I was not impressed with what I found, but it was a paycheck and I did it. I did however learn all of the ins and outs of the timeshare resale business. About a year ago, I was really down and out, unemployed and not very happy with myself. I attributed the bad luck to all the wrong I had done to people as I believe in karma heavily. With a background in writing and graphic design, I decided I was going to help people get their money back from timeshare resale companies that scam their clients. So I posted a website http://www.timeshareowneradvocates.com with a free guide on how to get your money back. I hope people read it, and it helps, because karma is a pain. :) Good luck to all.

Blake C.
Aug 16, 2009

I read some of it... Very informative!

Bruce Z.
Aug 17, 2009

Was this intervalvacations.net

Sheila B.
Aug 21, 2009

Hello,

I have a timeshare for sale in Canada It is an excellent property with year round activities.Howerver, after reading all the horror stories I don't know who to turn to. DOES any knows of a company that will/can sell it it without charging the fees upfornt?

Thanks Rob

Rob B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 21, 2009 09:56 PM

Aug 21, 2009

robb168 wrote:
Hello,

I have a timeshare for sale in Canada It is an excellent property with year round activities.Howerver, after reading all the horror stories I don't know who to turn to. DOES any knows of a company that will/can sell it it without charging the fees upfornt?

Thanks Rob

The best way to sell you timeshare is yourself on internet timeshare listing sites such as Redweek, Bidshares, MyResortNetwork, Ebay etc.

There are a few companies that list without an upfront fee but most charge a flat $1500 or a percentage of the amount the timeshare was sold for. You can do a search here to find those companies.

The key to successfully selling a timeshare is pricing it right in order to catch the eye of a prospective buyer .... expect not to get anywhere on the resale market what you paid a developer, if you can sell it at all .... many timeshare weeks can't even be given away for free .... it's all about the supply and demand of the week you own and the popularity of the resort.

R P.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 21, 2009 09:56 PM

Aug 26, 2009

well if you feel it is easy to get fees back please let me know how to do that I would love to know and stick it to the companys that I let scam me:(

Gerilyn D.
Oct 04, 2009

My husb. and I are stuck with 2 timeshares. We have been scammed at least twice. We are now working with TimeshareOwnersAdvocate. I need to know thaqt this is not yet just another dead end. Are you aware of any goverment agencies to complain to about the lies and high pressure sales attached to timeshares. Once you own, it seems impossible to get rid of. Thank-you. Sincerely, Sydney Hyatt

Sydney L.
Oct 05, 2009

sydneyl6 wrote:
We are now working with TimeshareOwnersAdvocate. I need to know thaqt this is not yet just another dead end.

If they asked for an upfront fee then you've been scammed a 3rd time, sorry .... fool me once, it's your fault, fool me twice it's my fault and fool me a third time ..... well what can I say.

R P.
Oct 05, 2009

We are now working with TimeshareOwnersAdvocate. I need to know thaqt this is not yet just another dead end.

If they asked for an upfront fee then you've been scammed a 3rd time, sorry .... fool me once, it's your fault, fool me twice it's my fault and fool me a third time ..... well what can I say.

I find myself in the same situation. I have simply refused to pay any more, and let the chips fall where they may. I wish there was an attorney who who take on our case against the very misleading timeshare industry ("you can always sell it"), but I have faint hope.

joedeboer@yahoo

Joseph B.
Nov 06, 2009

I have been recently scammed by Worldwide Marketing and Creative Solutions into saying they had an actual buyer for our timeshare in Hawaii. I had a person from a Timeshare Recovery tell me he could get our money back and had a company that would buy our timeshare. Do you know anything about International Resort Solutions, LlC? The person from this company said we could cancel their contract at any time if we were not satisfied and he would answer any questions. Can they be trusted? Susie

Susie H.
Nov 07, 2009

josephb172 wrote:

I find myself in the same situation. I have simply refused to pay any more, and let the chips fall where they may. I wish there was an attorney who who take on our case against the very misleading timeshare industry ("you can always sell it"), but I have faint hope.

joedeboer@yahoo

Dear Joe,

My name is Jose Gonzalez and I represent Gonzalez & Gonzalez Law Firm. We are based in Mexico and we might be able to help you with your timeshare matter if your timeshare was purchased in this country.

We work under a contingency basis with no payment upfront or any at all until we deliver the results promised by our associates.

Please feel free to contact us for a free consultation about your case.

Regards, Jose González Gonzalez & Gonzalez Law Firm Phone: (714) 277 3662 Fax: (714) 442 1654 Email: JGonzalezl@GonzalezGonzalezLawFirm.com Web: www.GonzalezGonzalezLawFirm.com

Gonzalez G.
Nov 07, 2009

susieh25 wrote:
I have been recently scammed by Worldwide Marketing and Creative Solutions into saying they had an actual buyer for our timeshare in Hawaii. I had a person from a Timeshare Recovery tell me he could get our money back and had a company that would buy our timeshare. Do you know anything about International Resort Solutions, LlC? The person from this company said we could cancel their contract at any time if we were not satisfied and he would answer any questions. Can they be trusted? Susie

If either company asks for an upfront fee, then they're scammers as well ..,.. they'll tell you ANYTHING to get that upfront fee including that they already have a buyer.

R P.
Nov 10, 2009

I too have a timeshare in Cancun we used it a few time but now want to sell. I know not to use any kind of agency, I'm new to this site and not really sure how it works you have to pay a member fee? That sent up a red flag for me. More info on how this site works from actual people would be greatly appreciated. It's worth at least a try as long as I don't have to pay anything......thanks

Anna F.
Nov 11, 2009

annaf37 wrote:
I too have a timeshare in Cancun we used it a few time but now want to sell. I know not to use any kind of agency, I'm new to this site and not really sure how it works you have to pay a member fee? That sent up a red flag for me. More info on how this site works from actual people would be greatly appreciated. It's worth at least a try as long as I don't have to pay anything......thanks

Paying a nominal fee to place a timeshare ad on sites such as Redweek is completely different than paying a fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars to an upfront fee resale company that will never sell your timeshare .... all they want is that ufpront fee. Redweek gets hundreds of hits each day and is the most popular timeshare ad site on the internet .... just remember to price your timeshare lower than anyone else as the current timeshare market is a buyers market, not a seller's market in this bad economy.

R P.
Nov 11, 2009

jayjay wrote:
susieh25 wrote:

If either company asks for an upfront fee, then they're scammers as well ..,.. they'll tell you ANYTHING to get that upfront fee including that they already have a buyer.

If it's Creative Vacation Solutions (CVS) in W Palm, they've FINALLY attracted the attention of FL's AG and are currently being prosecuted.

NEVER trust someone whose next chosen acronym is IRS, LLC... They called me too, saying they were taking over for CVS (not the pharmacy)...

Sounds like another alias in progress to me... Their 'solutions' would dissolve your bank account!

Bruce Z.
Nov 12, 2009

ATTORNEY GENERAL: INJUNCTION SOUGHT AGAINST TWO TIMESHARE RESALE COMPANIES

TALLAHASSEE, FL – Attorney General Bill McCollum today announced that his office has filed a lawsuit

and has requested an emergency injunction against two related South Florida timeshare resale marketing

companies. Universal Marketing Solutions, Creative Vacation Solutions, and owner/manager Jennifer Kirk

allegedly collected over $4 million in marketing fees on a monthly basis, but rarely if ever marketed, advertised,

or facilitated sales for the timeshare owners who had contracts with the companies. The injunction requests the

companies’ cease doing any timeshare business while the lawsuit is pending.

An investigation conducted by the Attorney General’s Economic Crimes Division indicated that Kirk and her

companies were charging marketing fees as high as $2,500 for timeshare resale advertising services.

The companies were soliciting hundreds of consumers nationwide via the internet and though aggressive

telemarketing calls, allegedly making empty promises and false misrepresentations that they would actively

match timeshare sellers with prospective buyers. According to the lawsuit, when prospective buyers contact the

companies to purchase a timeshare, no attempt would be made by the companies to match those prospective

buyers with sellers who had contracted with the companies, thus making the advertising and marketing claims a

complete sham.

To solicit more customers, the companies allegedly boasted of their “superior marketing tools,” including

marketing events, presentations and seminars. Kirk and her companies allegedly claimed they could

“definitely” sell timeshares within a certain period of time and that they had buyers waiting with approved

financing to buy the consumers’ timeshare. Consumers were also verbally assured contract terms during

telemarketing calls, but were furnished contracts with entirely different terms regarding the resale services.

Additionally, the companies would allegedly charge consumers’ credit cards or cash consumers’ checks without

and/or before obtaining a signed written contract from the consumer delineating all the terms and conditions of

the services to be provided.

Consumers who complained to the Attorney General’s Office reported that the companies have not performed

the promised services and that they were unable to contact the companies or get refunds. The Attorney

General's Office believes that there could a total of more than 400 victims affected by the two companies'

deceptive practices, and has been receiving approximately 10 complaints per day against these companies. The

lawsuit seeks an injunction prohibiting the defendants from engaging in any timeshare resale business while the

litigation is pending. The lawsuit also requests full restitution on behalf of all victimized consumers, civil

penalties, and reimbursement for fees and costs related to the investigation.

Consumers may file a complaint about Universal Marketing Solutions or Creative Vacation Solutions by

visiting the Attorney General’s website at http://www.myfloridalegal.com or by calling the fraud hotline at 1-

866-966-7226.

A copy of a consumer affidavit form and instructions is available online at:

http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/KGRG-7XBT2F/$file/TimeshareAffidavit.pdf

A copy of the lawsuit is available online at:

http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/MRAY-7XENWJ/$file/ComplaintForInjunctiveRelief.pdf

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Nov 12, 2009

Hopefully those rats will be gathered and caged before they board and infest the next ship. NAW, Ain't likely!

They called me numerous times and would not take NO for an answer! I 'ratted' them out at donotcall.gov several times for not scrubbing their lists!

Bruce Z.
Nov 12, 2009

Bruce mentioned the donotcall.gov list. I think we are on that but still get many calls every week from so-called timeshare resellers. Maybe we should all start calling do-not-call! MD

Mary D.
Nov 13, 2009

adahiscout wrote:
Bruce mentioned the donotcall.gov list. I think we are on that but still get many calls every week from so-called timeshare resellers. Maybe we should all start calling do-not-call! MD

You can file a complaint on the Do Not Call website against those companies that keep calling you.

R P.
Nov 18, 2009

Hi, I recently bought a wyndham timeshare. Since then I was receving several phone calls from different people asking me if I was interested in renting or selling my property. One of them was from RESORT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. The lady who called me and spoke to me as if she were from Wyndham and said that they were not brokers and have parties in wait to rent. She called me repeatedly until I gave my credit card number. I realised that this company was not wyndham after that. I tried calling her several times after that I did not get any response. I never received any contract papers from the company.I called my credit card company and reported this. They are currently investgating this. After one and half months she now called me says there is renter waiting and to charge my creditcard again. Can any one give more information about this company.

Neelima N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.