Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Nov 19, 2009

neeliman wrote:
Hi, I recently bought a wyndham timeshare. Since then I was receving several phone calls from different people asking me if I was interested in renting or selling my property. One of them was from RESORT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. The lady who called me and spoke to me as if she were from Wyndham and said that they were not brokers and have parties in wait to rent. She called me repeatedly until I gave my credit card number. I realised that this company was not wyndham after that. I tried calling her several times after that I did not get any response. I never received any contract papers from the company.I called my credit card company and reported this. They are currently investgating this. After one and half months she now called me says there is renter waiting and to charge my creditcard again. Can any one give more information about this company.

Do you mean she charged your credit card the first time and came up with no renter and wants to charge your credit card a second time?

Never, ever give your credit card # to an upfront fee company .... burn me once it's your fault, burn me twice it's my fault.

R P.
Nov 19, 2009

The first time she charged my credit card, I went online and tried find some reviews. There was one rippoff story and I also found other websites warning that these could be scams. So I tried calling her several times, but never got a response. One day I heard a message that the phone number that she gave me was disconnected. She called afew days later saying that she was moved to a different place and could not call me back. I asked her why I never received any documents and she said she would find out and call me back in an hour. As you can expect that never happened and she did not even answer my calls. I called my credit card and disputed the transaction. They temporarily refunded my money and are investigating this. 15 days after I have done this she called that there is a renter waiting tried to convince me about this and wanted me to sign a paper to reverse my dispute. I asked her to e-mail their terms and conditions first.She never did that.She now calls me again and says it is easier to do this as a fresh transaction and asked my credit card details again. When I refused she says that she spent a lot of time on this and that I am missing a great oppurtunity. The company is RESORT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. I just want to find out more about this company. I have no trust in them.

Neelima N.
Nov 19, 2009

I've gotten 2 calls today, the first the guy said he was with GMAC financing "Property Division". He knew my name and knew I had a TS. Told him no thanks. A couple hours later another call (from Orlando Fl) the guy knows my name, knows I have a TS this time I go along. Says he needs to collect info for a senior sales person who already has a buyer who wants to buy. But he doesn't know anything about my TS!

How did either of these guys get my name in the first place?

Steve L.
Nov 20, 2009

neeliman wrote:
The first time she charged my credit card, I went online and tried find some reviews. There was one rippoff story and I also found other websites warning that these could be scams. So I tried calling her several times, but never got a response. One day I heard a message that the phone number that she gave me was disconnected. She called afew days later saying that she was moved to a different place and could not call me back. I asked her why I never received any documents and she said she would find out and call me back in an hour. As you can expect that never happened and she did not even answer my calls. I called my credit card and disputed the transaction. They temporarily refunded my money and are investigating this. 15 days after I have done this she called that there is a renter waiting tried to convince me about this and wanted me to sign a paper to reverse my dispute. I asked her to e-mail their terms and conditions first.She never did that.She now calls me again and says it is easier to do this as a fresh transaction and asked my credit card details again. When I refused she says that she spent a lot of time on this and that I am missing a great oppurtunity. The company is RESORT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. I just want to find out more about this company. I have no trust in them.

This is a scam .... why would you think otherwise since she didn't return your phone calls, she outright lied to you and she didn't email you the terms and conditions of the rental ... that should have sent up a big red flag .... just be glad that your credit card company is investigating the charge and has taken if off temporarily ... also you need to file a complaint with the attorney general in the state where the company is located ... ALL she wanted was for you to sign a paper reversing the credit card dispute.

Never, ever pay an upfront fee for any company to sell or rent your timeshare ... never heard of Resort Management Company ... but new scams pop up every day.

R P.
Nov 20, 2009

stevel318 wrote:
I've gotten 2 calls today, the first the guy said he was with GMAC financing "Property Division". He knew my name and knew I had a TS. Told him no thanks. A couple hours later another call (from Orlando Fl) the guy knows my name, knows I have a TS this time I go along. Says he needs to collect info for a senior sales person who already has a buyer who wants to buy. But he doesn't know anything about my TS!

Do you have an ad anywhere regarding your timeshare .... they can get public recording records from the county where your timeshare is located .... how they got your phone number is the $64,000 question but somehow they find the information.

R P.
Nov 20, 2009

stevel318 wrote:

There is no buyer waiting in the wings .... all they want is your credit card #.

R P.
Nov 20, 2009

I have not posted this TS for sale nor listed myself or my contact info anywhere. The only logical answer is the resort operator or TS operator (Raintree aka RVC) is selling its member list. Raintree denies it however there are many other RVC owners claiming the same experience. BTW I rec'd 3 calls yesterday, the last one the guy specifically said he got my name from the resort.

Steve L.
Nov 20, 2009

Anyone can pull your name and address and phone number from the deed records, that's public information. Then there are services that will append phone numbers to these. Additionally, if you have a real estate license you can pull the phone numbers online from the deed records.

- Jim Casey

Jim C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Nov 21, 2009 12:31 AM

Nov 20, 2009

I'm getting bombarded as well. I'm sending the caller ID's (that aren't blocked) as complaints to donotcall.gov

Bruce Z.
Nov 30, 2009

jayjay wrote:
susieh25 wrote:
I have been recently scammed by Worldwide Marketing and Creative Solutions into saying they had an actual buyer for our timeshare in Hawaii. I had a person from a Timeshare Recovery tell me he could get our money back and had a company that would buy our timeshare. Do you know anything about International Resort Solutions, LlC? The person from this company said we could cancel their contract at any time if we were not satisfied and he would answer any questions. Can they be trusted? Susie

If either company asks for an upfront fee, then they're scammers as well ..,.. they'll tell you ANYTHING to get that upfront fee including that they already have a buyer.

Wendell R.
Nov 30, 2009

I am sadden to hear of the scams and scamers that are out there taking advantage of people. We own two timeshares with Wyndham ( love the property) but due to our financial situation it is very necessary that we try and sell these properties. Its to the point where we don't vacation or use them unless our friends or other family rent them out. We paid $600.00 in february 2008 to Timeshares Only, located in Orlando Florida. To this date, we have NOT heard anything about our properties being put on the market. I called them a few months ago and they said, they didn't even see our listing in their system. This is sad and it really upset me because I didn't have $600.00 just to give away. Neverthless, we are still stuck with our timeshares and to this date, I get phone calls daily ( from the evening when we get home from work to about 10pm). I know now not to trust these telemarketers. I write this asking 1. can someone recommend a company that would sell our timeshares that don't require upfrom fees ( we still owe total $20,000 for both properties), 2. What is the down side of not paying on them anymore and just letting them go. Would this grossly affect our credit history and could the company make us pay? I would really appreciate your feedback because we just can't afford the monthly $463.00 anymore. Thank you!

Sabrina T.
Dec 01, 2009

1. The fact you still owe $20,000 to the mortgage holder is a severe negative ..... people aren't interested in taking up someone else's timeshare mortgage.

2. If you stop making payments and maintenance fees your credit will be negatively impacted ... you can't just let something you've bought on credit go .... it doesn't work that way .... same as if your just let your house or car payment go.

3. This has been the worst year in timeshare history for sales, including resales, people just aren't buying timeshares ... there are 1 cent to $1 timeshares on Ebay with zero bids.

The only advice I can give you is to use, rent or exchange your timeshares or points until your mortgage is clear then try to sell them ... maybe the timeshare market will be better then.

R P.
Dec 01, 2009

To bad they don't have short sales for timeshares:(

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Dec 17, 2009

Look folks, not everyone is out to get you.

Not all companies that assist owners in the resale of their timeshares are going to steal away with your money and do nothing. I do this for a living and I have clients who rent and sell timeshares regularly. That being said, do you really think that ANY timeshare "resale" company is going to sell 100% of the timeshares they take on? Only a percentage of them will sell at any given company. The ones that don't sell will always leave disappointed owners who feel like they threw their money away. In most cases they just bought an ad on the internet which has a very low success rate.

You ARE going to spend money on trying to sell your timeshare, the question is with who and on what?

You don't have to do business with me, but if you want to talk about selling your timeshare in a constructive way as opposed to a paranoid way, give me a call.

Jim Casey

Jim C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 17, 2009 03:45 PM

Dec 17, 2009

Mr. Casey, if you insist on an upfront fee then your business is a scam .... actually upfront fee companies are merely selling advertisement, not timeshares .... get your fee at closing and you'll gain respect in the resale industry.

I've never seen even one verified proven sale that an upfront free company has completed and I've been reading and posting on timeshare forums for almost 10 years .... all they want is that upfront fee, period.

R P.
Dec 17, 2009

Your better off to pay someone to take it off your hands.bargain the price they will lessen the amount.

Larry W.
Dec 17, 2009

might as well pay a company to take it off my hands! that way i know its done huh?

Larry W.
Dec 17, 2009

american marketing group got me good.I would love to know how to nail these dirtbags!!!

Larry W.
Dec 18, 2009

larryw242 wrote:
american marketing group got me good.I would love to know how to nail these dirtbags!!!

I am Jose Gonzalez and I represent Gonzalez & Gonzalez Law Firm. Rental and resale have been taken advantage of timeshare owners who need a relief of maintenance fees, special assessments, or simply can´t keep it anymore.

People have to understand that every time they pay for a service upfront in the timeshare industry, they will be scammed again and again.

We help cancel contract and recover monies to people who purchased fraudulent timeshares in Mexico. But if you need assistance in renting or resaling your timeshare, call us, we will provide you with free consultation.

Never pay for an upfront service, I the company is legit, they will work based on results.

Gonzalez & Gonzalez Law Firm Phone: (714) 277 3662 Fax: (714) 442 1654 Email: info@TimeshareScam.com Web: www.TimeshareScam.com

Gonzalez G.
Dec 18, 2009

jayjay wrote:
Mr. Casey, if you insist on an upfront fee then your business is a scam .... actually upfront fee companies are merely selling advertisement, not timeshares .... get your fee at closing and you'll gain respect in the resale industry.

I've never seen even one verified proven sale that an upfront free company has completed and I've been reading and posting on timeshare forums for almost 10 years .... all they want is that upfront fee, period.

If someone wants to buy advertising from me and I sell it to them, how is that a scam? How are you going to sell something without advertising it? I get where you are coming from. I talk to owners every day, I have for six years. I know all the stories. But, you can't just sit there and tell me I am scamming people with no knowledge of how I operate my business or who I am. I am not going to sit here and play forum tennis with you. If anyone wants to take advantage of my knowledge and expertise, you do not have to do business with me but you can feel free to call me. I promise I wont sell you anything LOL. I will shoot you straight, I will tell you that not every timeshare sells, and I will tell you what to avoid and what works best.

Jim Casey

Jim C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.