Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Mar 01, 2010

I put a 1 in front of the number and it says the same thing "your call cannot be completed at this time." This is not a valid number.

Susie H.
Mar 05, 2010

I was just scamed by the same company. It has to be released. RAIMO AND MIDDLETON ARE A SCAM. They told me the same thing. I found that they have a web site before I agreed. I even looked and found that they are a real LLC in Florida, registered with the State Department. So I agreed and gave GREG REED my 1700 dollars. They claimed I would get it back after the closing and that they make money off of interest rates. We got scammed. I know I can't get my money back but I want to stop them from taking it from other peoples childrens. It makes me angry that people would take food out of childrens mouths like that. Someone please report back to me how I can get this publisized and is it possible to get GREG REED arrested. Respond through email. ramwillow@hotmail.com Thanks.

Richard A.
Mar 05, 2010

richarda309 wrote:
I was just scamed by the same company. It has to be released. RAIMO AND MIDDLETON ARE A SCAM. They told me the same thing. I found that they have a web site before I agreed. I even looked and found that they are a real LLC in Florida, registered with the State Department. So I agreed and gave GREG REED my 1700 dollars. They claimed I would get it back after the closing and that they make money off of interest rates. We got scammed. I know I can't get my money back but I want to stop them from taking it from other peoples childrens. It makes me angry that people would take food out of childrens mouths like that. Someone please report back to me how I can get this publisized and is it possible to get GREG REED arrested. Respond through email. ramwillow@hotmail.com Thanks.

File a class action lawsuit against them and then come here and give contact info .... the attorneys will not charge unless they are successful then they take their fee out of the proceeds ... one such law firm is below .... also file a complaint with the attorney general in the state the scammers are located .... you can google for that information.

http://www.aconsumerfraudlawyer.com/html/class_action.html

R P.
Mar 16, 2010

Hi I am the managing director of Visions of the World and my name is Jason Clowrey. We have been established for many years within the European timeshare resale market. We have more traffic than any other European website and have a great sales team who will promote your ownership when there is an enquiry. The reason why we appeared on RedWeek is very simple. We run a huge PPC campaign and our content ads appear on any website that is industry related. If you have any further issues that we maybe able to help you with do not hesitate to contact the office for there help, and good luck in selling you timeshare in Spain.

Jason C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 16, 2010 02:16 PM

Mar 16, 2010

I would like to say that this final comment is very true. Google searches are extremely different in Europe and selling a timeshare in Spain with a European recognised company would probably be a better move.

Jason C.
Mar 16, 2010

Do you charge an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars?

R P.
Mar 17, 2010

http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/

http://www.800helpfla.com/complnt.html

TELEMARKETING The Division of Consumer Services Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services 1-800-HELP-FLA 1-800-435-7352 Spanish 1-800-FL-AYUDA 1-800-352-9832

1-850-488-2221

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Mar 17, 2010

Contact ARDA, American Resort Development Association and ask why they allow this business model of upfront fees to sell timeshare. If you are dealing with a licensed real estate Broker and they charge you an upfront fee in most states they can lose their license. That applies to Florida. Use the links in the last message to contact the Attorney General. Florida's Attorney General is very proactive. Make your voice heard if you have been scammed. Contact ARDA

http://www.arda.org

Howard Nusbaum <hnusbaum@arda.org>

Darla Zanni <DZanini@arda.org>

Stephany Madsen <SMadsen@ARDA.org>

http://www.arda.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Contact_Us

Washington Office • 1201 15th Street NW, Suite 400 Washington, D.C. 20005-2842 • (202) 371-6700 • Fax: (202) 289-8544

ARDA State Affairs Office • 4901 Vineland Road, Suite 635 Orlando, FL 32811 • (407) 245-7601 • Fax: (407) 872-0771

Last edited by judikoz on Mar 17, 2010 07:33 AM

Mar 24, 2010

This is a dead url.

Steven M.
Mar 24, 2010

Which url is dead?

Apr 08, 2010

I was contacted recently by someone who asked if I wanted to sell my timeshare. I said no. He was offereing minimum 19-21c a point. Then I decided that maybe I would sell it. Bottom line, he says he has already lined up a buyer willing to pay $23,600 but of course I have to pay up front "closing costs" of $1777. He seems so nice. So this is a scam huh? He really has no buyer? I asked for proof of the legal signed puchase contract, but he says he can't until I have paid up.

His name is Anthony Davis and he says he works for Resort for Sale by Owner out of Branson, MO. He gave me an address, but it is hard to tell. No info with TFC, BBB, or Mo. State Atty Gen.

Maryla WEbb 334-318-3041 cell

Maryla W.
Apr 08, 2010

He is a liar. If you read all of the threads on this site you would understand that you NEVER pay anyone ahead to sell your timeshare. No matter what the money is going for. They are LIARS. Probably not his real name either. If anyone asks you to pay more than $50.00 to advertise your timeshare hang up on them. For a list of pending scams including the one you are talking about go to www.timeshareprofessionals.com and click on avoid scams.

Apr 08, 2010

gloriak43 wrote:
Ok I just got off the phone with Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum, he is head of the Economic Crimes Division, if you have ever paid Timeshare FSBO, Timeshare MLS, GMAC Timeshare Division any money and they did not do what they promised, then we can do a class action lawsuit against the owners of the companies, as well as the scam artist salespeople that work for GMAC Timeshare Division, and hold them responsible. Here is how we can get our money back, go to www.myfloridalegal.com and file a report about GMAC Timeshare Division and the salesperson that took your money, or call 1-866-966-7226 and ask for the Economic Crimes Division and file a report, GMAC Timeshare Division is currently already under investigation. This company preys on those who need help the most, and they bet on the fact that most of us people will not do anything to try to get our money back. Prove them wrong, call your credit card company and dispute the charge, and then file a formal complaint against them. TAKE ACTION!

Hi Gloria, Did the AG say how close they were to finishing their investigation on GMAC Timeshare Division? I filed electronically already, but did not speak to anybody. Compared to others, I only paid GMAC $599. Great job in keeping us updated. Thanks. maso

Mas O.
May 17, 2010

Fee recovery is just the flip side of the scam. Same guys, different rip-off.

Jim C.
May 18, 2010

Is there anywhere to advertise rentals for my timeshare without any charge to me. Thank you. Mary

Maryellen A.
May 18, 2010

maryellena4 wrote:
Is there anywhere to advertise rentals for my timeshare without any charge to me. Thank you. Mary
Your question is not in any way relevant to the topic of this thread, but Craigslist and Bidshares are sites where you can advertise for free.

RedWeek and MyResortNetwork are much more effective advertising sites, but it's your decision to make whether your prefer free (with maybe no results) over paying a fee for far more effective advertising.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 18, 2010 02:33 PM

Jun 10, 2010

peterp151 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
peterp151 wrote:
Advising you on where to advertize conflicts with Redweek's goal to have you advertise on their site.

Redweek is merely an internet timeshare ad site .... they don't solicit or do cold calls (with lie after lie) to people interested in renting or selling their timshare .... the renter, rentee or seller finds Redweek themselves.

While I have been cold called to pay a listing company for their services to get my unit sold (one to fifty times a month, and the high end is no exageration at one point), I have NEVER been called to buy a timeshare except for calls from developers such as DRI, Worldmark, SVO, etc.

Since those fee based resale companies apparently never cold call prospective customers my point remains. I've been told many times how they have professional staff and marketing engines, and web sites. But it's pretty much impossible to see these "marketing engines" to verify the company is doing what they say they are doing. If I've received hundreds or maybe thousands of calls to list my units for sale but none to buy a resale unit, I doubt they are cold calling. The only mailers I receive focus on me paying to list my unit. I think maybe the RI Stroman mailer also suggests I can buy a unit but the others are 100% sell your unit or come to out presentation where we can help you get rid of your unit.

And a lot of these fee based companies have websites which are not designed to sell units. All they do is list units for sale, often using a rather opaque method of listing units without any thought towards enabling a buyer to find the unit they desire.

Thus my point remains. If the fee based companies use other FSBO sites to list on, or worse have their own sties which are basically non functional for true marketing purposes, we are better off paying the FSBO sites ourselves.

Laura M.
Jun 11, 2010

Wow! Someone finally quoted me in a positive manner!

Beck
Jun 18, 2010

Does anyone know anything about timesharehelpinghand.com, also dba Marketing Direct Timeshare Services operating in the Daytona Beach area?

Ben S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 26, 2011 02:07 PM

Jun 18, 2010

Ben, This is taken from their website. Thus, we have determined that for purposes of Section 721.20(9)(2) of the Florida Statutes, that our sale percentage for the prior 2 year period is less than 1/10th of 1%.

I don't think I would have any questions about using them. List your timeshare with a licensed timeshareresale broker who does not charge an upfront fee. There are plenty of them out there. www.LTRBA.com Or advertise on venues like Redweek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.