Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Jun 18, 2010

judik7

Thanks for replying...helpful, I'll try LTRBA.com...Ben

Ben S.
Aug 27, 2010

hi Amy i did worked too, these guys are not in the states , they r here in my country el salvador in central america, they ask u for legal fees, title search, tiltle transfer, estoppo letter and handling of the documents, so this is a big scam, all the guys who work in here are kind of ganstas and stuffs, they smoke weed and things like this, i just realized the first day i got there, they crazy im not gonna continue there

Don J.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 28, 2010 04:08 PM

Aug 28, 2010

Just google vacation register international and you will see what type of people they are.Go to sunbiz.org and search a corporation by entity name Vacation Register International, the officer/director is John Haggar.Now search at sunbiz.org under fictitious name for Timeshare Sales today, surprise the owner is Vacation Register International John Haggar, now at sunbiz.org search yet again by fictitious name My Consumer Advocate...owner John Haggar...Hmmmm. From this information it is obvious that Mr. Haggars past caught up with him as Vacation Register International so now he is soliciting the same people he took money from as Vacation register as Timeshare Sales today and even worse My consumer advocate.He is charging the same consumers hard earned money with a promise of getting refunds from all the company's we listed with that were the same as his Vacation Register.My consumer advocate has sent letters on my behalf and without my permission to other companies and represented he was me. I No where on my paper work does he put his name or any company name...just me the ripped off consumer.He makes statements that are untrue, false and just plain lies in their efforts to get $$$$$ they know it is illegal what they are doing and that is why they will not put anyones name but mine. I have avoided a lot of problems by reporting all this to the atty general in fl as well as my state.still ripping people off just with a different spin.I urge anyone that has done business with Mr. Haggar or any of his shell corporations to please report to the atty general in your state as well as his.BUYER BEWARE!!!There is always a paper trail hopefully Mr. haggar will run out of corporations and end up where he belongs federal prison.Timeshare owners avoid these people...have

Lisa M.
Sep 02, 2010

Scam!!1 I got scammed by Buy Owner Resort Marketing, Inc Tony Buglisi called (his number is 386-308-2604) and told me the contract says that if they don't sell in 6 months my money is guaranteed to be returned. Well six months pass and I jumped through all the hoops to get my money back. But in return I get this email from James G. Holmes who is the co-owner/founder, Buy Owner Resort Marketing, Inc., Buy Owner Resort Real Estate, Inc., and Buy Owner Resort Travel, Inc. Here is the punch line, the co-owner/founder emailed me with an email that is a yahoo account: buyownerresortmarketing1@yahoo.com. you would think that this scam-er at least would make it look like its coming from @buyownerresortmarketing.com but no its @yahoo.com!

His email states that no money will be returned because the company dose not promise to sell the timeshare. Which is on the contrary of what Tom assured over the phone back in December saying that my money reimbursable.

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! STAY AWAY!

Seattle L.
Sep 04, 2010

If you pay an upfront fee you are being scammed. No matter who it is or what their promises are.

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Sep 05, 2010

I too worked for this company. I loved your blog. You told it like it is. Anyway......I have working with the attorney general's office and hoping you would aid to helping victims of ths scam without your name being involved. By chance do you know the owner's name? To be honet, now that I think about it, I did't know anyone name there...LOL.

To make sure we are talking about the same company, I worked for BlueScape Properties in Orlando near the Florida Mall.

Once buyer is convinced there is a seller and willing to pay the seller fees they are asked to certify their funds with a cashier’s check from their bank. Seller is also told that FCC regulations requires that the funds are tracked therefore they only accept funds through either Fed Ex or UPS. This is to get the money ASAP. They are also told once you get the cashier check and fax it to the local Orlando, FL fax number. That’s how the agent get paid. Once there is confirmation received with tracking number and copy of the cashier check the rep is advanced a percentage of amount collected. Seller is also told according to the FCC regulation all transactions must be recorded for their protection.

Seller is also told that they will receive a welcome document with all their closing documents. They are asked to sign and return to Blue Scape ASAP. The document they receive is merely just a simple one page document requiring hard signature authorizing Blue Scape to advertise their property. The game begins the moment the money is received in the office. Sellers are promised closing dates and when that date comes and goes the phone rings off the hook. Sellers are given the run around then finally being told that they agreed for Blue Scape to advertise their property. At that point I assume the seller has become aware that they have been schemed.

Any of this sounds familiar??

Please help.

email me at suebluescape@aol.com

Hotice H.
Sep 06, 2010

There are two reasons we are asked to pay an upfront fee. First: Any company not licensed to sell real estate in the state the timeshare resides in, or in the state the company resides in, will have to charge an up front listing fee and is not legally allowed to represent the buyer or seller in any sales transaction. Second: Scammers know owners have a very difficult time selling or renting their units and there is not a properly regulated environment to prevent them from taking advantage of the situation.

Rather than constanting telling people not to pay the upfront fee it would be far better to encourage lobbying our politicians, property management companies and developers who manage our timeshares, and DA's to create an environment with true penalties for scams, standardized nationwide sales regulations (rather than state by state due to the challenges of owning timeshares in states we don't reside in, or the fact that many of us own multiple timeshares in multiple states, or the fact that timeshare sales on the internet list units in all states as well as international units for sale), and enforcement for violations.

Technically advertising requires an up front fee, with pretty much the only exception being for sale of "traditional" real estate. Depending on the ads, fees range from $10 to thousands and the upper range can be incurred in respected publications such as the Wall Street Journal. So the problem is not with the up front fee. It's with the complete lack of protection, enforcement, and regulation of the timeshare industry - both in the protection for owners during the initial purchase but even more importantly for resale.

Beck
Sep 07, 2010

peterp151 wrote:
So the problem is not with the up front fee. It's with the complete lack of protection, enforcement, and regulation of the timeshare industry - both in the protection for owners during the initial purchase but even more importantly for resale.

I tend to agree with you, however telling people NOT TO PAY an upfront fee, after having been told countless lies by the scammers, is the first step (education) followed by reporting them to AGs and other agencies.

I do agree there needs to be federal regulation concerning upfront fee scammers .... I honestly can't believe it hasn't happened before now .... AG's (they ARE lawyers) should report customer complaints to the proper federal agency .... I also can't believe ARDA hasn't reported them to the FEDS, however that might open up a whole new can of worms involving developers.

R P.
Oct 03, 2010

I didn't see Resort Tours International on your list. They are located at 5100 West Copans Road in Margate, Florida. They claim they are legitimate but I am assuming that there is not one honest company out there that helps you sell your timeshare. Appreciate any input.

Susie H.
Oct 04, 2010

The above (from Alex G) sounds like another advertisement for "services." Get out your credit card....again

Joseph B.

Last edited by josephb172 on Oct 04, 2010 09:38 AM

Oct 08, 2010

Hi well I dont know but i was contacted for a timeshare company...they asked me for an upfront fee...16000 dollars for legal documents and they sent me the papework the same day and now I got money..i already withdrawed the money..everything went ok...this company did worked for me...

Don J.
Oct 09, 2010

donj97 wrote:
Hi well I dont know but i was contacted for a timeshare company...they asked me for an upfront fee...16000 dollars for legal documents and they sent me the papework the same day and now I got money..i already withdrawed the money..everything went ok...this company did worked for me...
Dang!

Bruce Z.
Oct 09, 2010

Anyone know if timesharecomplaints.com is a legitimate company? They offered to take my every-other-year studio unit (that I've never used or traded) off my hands. I pay them $1925 (ouch! this after spending $8500 in sales price and maintenance fees since 2006 plus an upfront listing scam of $850 last year). Deed is supposedly out of my name, as are all future maintenance fees and any other obligations. Yes, that's a lot of money, but I guess it goes to an escrow company while the paperwork is completed. Is this legitimate???? I want this headache gone. It seems insane to pay someone to make it go away, but I'm afraid that in this economy, it's the best shot I have of guaranteed relief.

Suzanne S.
Oct 10, 2010

Which resort do you own?

Oct 10, 2010

This Company operates under several Business plans THis is from the BBB Business Contact and Profile Name: V. I. Network Inc. Phone: (407) 447-2701 Fax: (321) 206-0190 Address: 8545 Commodity Circle Ste.150

Orlando, FL 32819 Google Map Website: www.vacationinnovation.com www.vininc.com www.giveawaytimeshare.com www.dvctimeshares.com www.timeshareout.com www.dvcshares.com www.timeshareluxury.com www.givebacktimeshare.com www.timesharecomplaints.com Original Business Start Date: August 2001 Principal: Mr. Scott C. Roberts, CEO Customer Contact: Mr. Scott C. Roberts, CEO - info@vacationinnovation.com Email Address: info@vacationinnovation.com Incorporated: August 2001, FL Type of Business: Timeshare Resale and Rental Marketing, Marketing Consultants BBB Accreditation: This organization is a BBB Accredited business. Additional DBA Names: Vacation Innovation

Oct 10, 2010

Los Abrigados in Sedona. It's a nice resort and they told us that Sedona has great trading power.. And I don't doubt that...Sedona is absolutely gorgeous...however, we already have a 2 bedroom every other year and we don't get that much vacation time. Have never once used or traded it. I would post it for sale myself, but just don't want to deal with it....too much complexity in life right now. I must sound incredibly lazy! Know anyone that might be interested?

Suzanne S.
Oct 10, 2010

Another one I'm considering is timeshare relief. Their website says they are in Torrance, California.

Suzanne S.
Oct 10, 2010

Really check this out before you do anything!!! There's one inTorrance that I looked into and it was a total scam!!! Honestly, is anyone honest anymore? The scamming that is going on has gotten ridiculous....makes you wonder if you can trust anyone or anything that they say to you as fact.

Susie H.
Oct 11, 2010

There are legitimate timeshare resale businesses all over this Country. They are just overshadowed by the dark side people. Deal with an agent that is licensed by the State that your timeshare is in. Then you have recourse.

Oct 11, 2010

suzannes193 wrote:
Los Abrigados in Sedona. It's a nice resort and they told us that Sedona has great trading power.. And I don't doubt that...Sedona is absolutely gorgeous...however, we already have a 2 bedroom every other year and we don't get that much vacation time. Have never once used or traded it. I would post it for sale myself, but just don't want to deal with it....too much complexity in life right now. I must sound incredibly lazy! Know anyone that might be interested?

On the TUG website (tug2.net), there is a place where you can list giveaways free of charge. That will work out to a lot less than the $2500, or so, that you'll be paying to these likely scam companies.

Remember, a lot of these companies that promise to take your timeshare off your hands merely get you to sign a Power of Attorney which allows them to do whatever they want with it. However, you are still the rightful owner and, consequently, still responsible for maintenance fees.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.