Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Oct 19, 2012

Kiss that money goodbye. It's a SCAM !!!

Don P.
Oct 19, 2012

mikes1216 wrote:
after I pay her over the phone $498.00.

I sure hope you haven't paid her yet.

Lance C.

Last edited by lancec13 on Jan 09, 2013 08:17 AM

Oct 20, 2012

Where is the company? Report them to the Attorney General's office of that state. Some states, like Florida, are now going after these people.

Annette R.
Oct 26, 2012

Most of the third party companies seem to be scams! It's so disheartening!

I have a buyer for my timeshare and now just need to find a reputible company to do the closing or transfer of the title. Can anyone recommend such a company based on successful experience? There seem to be SO many out there that are just taking your money but not doing the job and it has become so hard to separate them from the legitimate ones. I am hoping that someone can recommend a company that is legitimate to now perform the steps to transfer my timeshare to the new owner. Has anyone sold their timeshare privately and then needed to find someone to do the transfer? Anyone have a successful story and can therefore share the name of the company they used? ANY info would be SO appreciated. I'm so tired of being scammed and paying fees upfront that result in nothing more than a donation! Thanks so much!

Pam P.
Oct 26, 2012

JRA Services is a very reputable timeshare closing company:

www.timeshareresaleclosings.com/

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 26, 2012 11:24 AM

Oct 29, 2012

I have had two timeshare sold throughs Quality Timeshare Closings, In, P. O. Box 7168, Branson, Mol. 65615. I also attempted to sell French Quarter unit.. the results, the resister of DEEDS in Branson advised that the Deed was never recorded, even when the unit indicates that the deed was recored on page 888. etc. Wow, is the register of deeds office in BRANSON in on this timeshare SCAM?

Robert S.
Oct 30, 2012

Using the Quit Claim Deed found on My Attorney software I have personally transferred an Orange Lakes deed to my brother, returned a North Carolina time share to Wyndham, and sold a Gold Key time share at Virginia Beach to a friend. It is pretty straight forward. Once both parties sign the deed, you send it to County/City Courthouse for filing. You may have to pay some unreasonable fee established by the time share compay just to have them change the name of the proprieter in their data base. Use an escrow account to hold the funds while the transaction takes place. Needless to say, I am not a lawyer nor am I certified to hand out advice, just an average Joe.

William G.
Oct 30, 2012

roberts1192 wrote:
I have had two timeshare sold throughs Quality Timeshare Closings, In, P. O. Box 7168, Branson, Mol. 65615. I also attempted to sell French Quarter unit.. the results, the resister of DEEDS in Branson advised that the Deed was never recorded, even when the unit indicates that the deed was recored on page 888. etc. Wow, is the register of deeds office in BRANSON in on this timeshare SCAM?

Do you have the deed in hand? If so, then you were lucky that the county never recorded it.

R P.
Nov 01, 2012

I am from Topeka, ks. area, Quality Timeshare closings Inc .P. O. Box 7168, Branson, MO. 65615, fax 866-323-0343 and e mail Kelly@qtelosings.com has complete two transfers for me, located in Branson, MO, one of the few transfer agents that I can trust. you can mention to her that you were referred by the on going transfer of a Surrey Grand Crowne. peoperty owner.

Robert S.
Nov 01, 2012

Another scammer posting a false testimonial. Don't fall for it. It's a SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don P.
Nov 02, 2012

We have purchased 15 resale contracts and Sue at "Timeshare Closings for Less" in Orlando, FL handled at least 10 of those transfers. She is very good to work with and is very thorough. We will use them again when we start to sell some of our 6+ million points over the next year or so.

If anyone wants contact information, I will provide that if requested.

Ronald C.
Jan 07, 2013

BEWARE! A scam similar to many that have been discussed here is making the rounds. An agent for NetManagementGroup.com calls saying they have buyers and say these buyers will pay huge amounts for your timeshare. If you sound interested, they have you talk to the contract folks. They then send you an email from Harris Title in Houston saying the buyer as placed this huge sum in escrow. This is followed by sending you a contract. They never asked for money up front, only an 8% commission after you received the payout. I checked out the companies and there is no registration in the respective states for either company and the website is from a template. My guess is that if you sign the contract (it had a whole bunch of misinformation) then as the time of closing draws near you will get notified that you need to pay transfer fees, taxes or some other bogus charge.

When I told them I had forwarded the contract to my attorney, they dropped out of sight.

James C.
Jan 08, 2013

OK, a legitimare timeshare transfer agent,. I have had two timeshares transfered, one last year and one this november. one that does it correctly is Quality Timeshares, p;o. box 7168, branson, 65615, phone 417-239-3398, fax 417-334-2293, website, http://OTClosings.com 3 mail Tony@OTClosings.com. Depending on all of the closing requirments from the seller, The costs may run between $450, and $475. tony will also know the timehare companies that when the price may be very low, the timeshare firm had 30 days to excerise this option. Westgate attempted to purchase theirs back, however, they were over the 30 day option and had phone calls with their corporate office to remind them of this fact. .

Robert S.
Jan 08, 2013

just run the BBB report, do not act as if you know it all just becuase you did not check it out and were scammed.

Robert S.
Jan 08, 2013

we are know the French Quarter has been in bankruptcy for a while. I still own in bldg. 8 , and received a letter from a Robert E. Culver, 575 King St. Charleston, S.C. 29403. Culver does not required any money up front. question, if you are interested in trying to recover your losses, call him of e mail at bob@culverlaw.net. had not had a reply yetl

Robert S.
Jan 09, 2013

Lets we name and shame the companies that charge upfront fees Anyone has a list of companies that charge upfront fees. Please list it

Khalil K.
Jan 09, 2013

khalilk wrote:
Lets we name and shame the companies that charge upfront fees Anyone has a list of companies that charge upfront fees. Please list it

As noble as this idea sounds, anyone doing this would be like a dog chasing its tail.

These upfront fee scam outfits shut down and keep popping up under new names. So once you name the outfit, three months later they will be shut down but open under a new name.

A better approach is to, first of all, remember that most companies that phone you unexpectedly with anything timeshare-related is a scam. If they ask for some sort of a large upfront fee to facilitate some sort of deal, then again, scam.

Lance C.
Jan 09, 2013

Just a thought...

Red Week is now asking for upfront fees for a new full-service program to sell timeshares. A scam?

James C.
Jan 09, 2013

It can be given away I gave mine to charity.

Patrick M.
Jan 15, 2013

I currently have a timeshare and i need to get rid of it. do any of u know of a company that can help me. I have already been scammed by www.sellmytimesharenow.com and im out that money. I can't afford the stupid thing (i bought it for my ex and they didn't want it after we broke up) with the HOA fees. I would like to donate it but it isn't paid off yet. Can anyone help me please?

Joann C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.