Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Mar 10, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.
Mar 12, 2017

Are you talking about the internet site Redweek?

Angela K.
Mar 13, 2017

Thank you for getting the word out!!!!!!! Unfortunately I am one of the ones that were scammed. Lesson learned at a very expensive cost!

Wonet K.
Jun 03, 2017

I was in dis belif after me an my husband got home an i looked over the paper work run i say run an donot look back. The intrest alone will kill you plus we were on our honeymoon an it was told it would take 2hours it took 5 never felt so traped

Constance D.
Jul 03, 2017

This sounds alot like Castle Law in Nashville, supposedly run by "TEA Party" lawyer named Judson Phillips. They take money from us older timeshare owners and never do anything. Never return calls or emails. Months go by without hearing anything. They dont seem to care much about the client after they get your money.

George A.
Jul 04, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.
Jul 06, 2017

I want to buy a timeshare in Coronado Beach Resort from an owner. Where is a reputable place to do that?

Michelle O.
Jul 06, 2017

The moon

David K.
Jul 06, 2017

michelleo193 wrote:
I want to buy a timeshare in Coronado Beach Resort from an owner. Where is a reputable place to do that?

Do you mean that you already have a tentative deal in place with a current owner to buy his timeshare or are you looking to buy from any current owner right now? If it is the latter, then check out RedWeek's "Rent Or Sell My Timeshare" link at the top of these pages and look for the listings of that resort. If you find one in which you are interested, remember that you have to pay RedWeek's membership fee of $15 to be able to contact the owner.

Other possible sites to check for units up for sale are E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, and Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG). You might even be able to contact the resort and ask if it has a resale program where current owners are listing their units for sale. Another reputable option is ltrba.com which is a website of Licensed resale brokers. They might have some units that they are trying to sell.

Lance C.
Jul 06, 2017

HI Susan,

Did you ever use him and can you share any positives or negatives?

Alisa G.
Jul 07, 2017

lancec13

michelleo193 wrote:

Monitor eBay. One just sold (7/7/17) for $256 with maintenance and closing tossed in for nothing.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Jul 07, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 25, 2017

What was their name?

Lois B.
Jul 25, 2017

lancec13 wrote:
michelleo193 wrote:
... possible sites to check for units up for sale are E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, and Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG). You might even be able to contact the resort and ask if it has a resale program where current owners are listing their units for sale.

Resale agents are on duty in the Lobby of Coronado Beach Resort every day. Just call the Resort and ask to be connected.

Stu M.
Jul 26, 2017

Do you have something specific about Castle? Those are some pretty serious allegations.

William S.
Jul 26, 2017

williams1146 wrote:
Do you have something specific about Castle?

I realize that this question is not directed to me, since I have not mentioned Castle in this particular thread. I will nonetheless note that in 35 years of association with timeshares, I have personally NEVER ONCE seen or read or heard of even ONE verifiable claim or report of a "successful" experience with Castle Law Group, but that is admittedly just my own personal, anecdotal observation. You seek "something specific", so I offer the following:

Castle Law Group is currently being sued in Federal court in Florida by TWO different entities for fraudulent practices; perhaps that fact qualifies as "something specific".

Separate and apart from the above fact, Castle's principal (Judson Phillips) is currently the "recipient" of formal complaints filed with Tennessee's legal / bar review Board (whose precise organizational title escapes me at the moment) by Castle's OWN CLIENTS. That too certainly seems to be both worthy of note and "something specific" --- at least in my book.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 27, 2017 05:26 AM

Sep 18, 2017

Hi there I read all the conversations here. I have some concerns regarding our time share we would like to get rid of it. I'm dealing with one company in Florida helping us out with our time share do you think it's okay to deal with them? They are asking upfront fee? I did not sign a contract yet? Please let me know on this? I know you guys talking with resell time share.

Cecille M.
Sep 18, 2017

We are in process to pay this company promising us to help us out our time share, I'm reading all comments here make me skeptical more not to pay them upfront.

Cecille M.
Sep 19, 2017

cecillem wrote:
We are in process to pay this company promising us to help us out our time share, I'm reading all comments here make me skeptical more not to pay them upfront.

"Promising to help you out"? What does THAT mean? Are those "promises" written guarantees in a valid contract, signed by a real person conducting business at a real address that you could actually go to if you chose to do so? No?? I didn't think so.

A fool and his money are soon parted, as the old saying goes. Don't be a fool!

If you pay upfront money to ANY "escape / relief/ exit / rescue" entity, you will essentially just be throwing that money away and you will most likely STILL own the timeshare when all is said and done. Have you pursued "deedback" to the resort? Have you attempted to give it away for free? You should not delude yourself into incorrectly believing that writing a check to some obscure parasite "escape" operation will somehow provide you with a magical exit. That's simply NEVER going to happen. Don't do it! Forewarned is forearmed.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 05, 2017 06:10 AM

Sep 19, 2017

cecillem wrote:
Hi there I read all the conversations here. I have some concerns regarding our time share we would like to get rid of it. I'm dealing with one company in Florida helping us out with our time share do you think it's okay to deal with them? They are asking upfront fee? I did not sign a contract yet? Please let me know on this? I know you guys talking with resell time share.

Question: Did you try to sell it yourself with ads in Redweek, TUG, TimeSharing Today, My Resort Network, etc? Easy to do.

Stu M.
Sep 19, 2017

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.