Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Jun 09, 2008

They took your money and you will never hear from them again...ever..david rich made 50% of your money..and end of story..sorry

Carmine P.
Nov 26, 2008

Thank you for your honesty! I wish more people were like you! A few years back my husband insisted that we buy a Fairfield Resorts timeshare with the option of also using RCI resorts around the world. The first three years were great. We made reservations with no problems. However, then they sold to Wyndham and now I cannot make any type of reservation using my points. I have three years saved up and I am going to lose one week on December 31. I have called to see where in the world I can go and there are "no availabilities for up to two years." This means I will lose more points next December. We paid $15,000 and now we cannot go anywhere on our timeshare.

My father told me about his friend who had an RCI timeshare that he stopped making the $80 monthly maintenance fees on because he had a stroke and he was financially strapped with medical bills. RCI didn't care about his health, and they calously came after him legally for the money and ruined his credit. Once you buy one of these rip off scams, you cannot undo it. They are a blood sucking leach. The government which is making millions in taxes on this will not do anything about consumer fraud. I think the CEOs of both corporations should be hunted down and castrated because little snakes come from big snakes. Where is the Godfather when you really need him???

Roxanne L.
Nov 26, 2008

roxannel15 has stated in relevant part: >> My father told me about his friend who had an RCI timeshare that he stopped making the $80 monthly maintenance fees on because he had a stroke and he was financially strapped with medical bills. RCI didn't care about his health, and they calously came after him legally for the money and ruined his credit. << ===============================================

I have no use for RCI, personally, but with due respect I must point out and clarify that RCI is just an exchange and rental company (...more rental than exchange these days, according to some). RCI does not actually own or manage any resorts and, accordingly, RCI does not and cannot collect (or ever attempt to collect) maintenance fees from anyone at any time under any circumstances.

The situation you describe above sounds truly unfortunate, but it most certainly was not RCI which "came after" anyone. All RCI has the right, option, or ability to ever do is cancel an exisitng membership in their particular exchange company --- no more and no less.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 26, 2008 02:22 PM

Nov 26, 2008

I have points I have to transfer at the end of each year from Wyndham that can only go to RCI. Which sucks completely because I cannot find anything anywhere in the world to stay at through RCI. I find that highly suspect. Don't you??? I want my points back!!!

I just looked at all the reservations on Wyndham and found that our 154,000 points we bought originally no longer buys a full week which means we have to buy more! No flippin way! You know, I think I need to become a lobbyist for the people and SHUT down time share companies or join their mafia/government!!! Government racketeering at it's finest! You just gotta love America!!! LOL

Roxanne L.
Nov 26, 2008

roxannel15 wrote:
I have points I have to transfer at the end of each year from Wyndham that can only go to RCI. Which sucks completely because I cannot find anything anywhere in the world to stay at through RCI. I find that highly suspect. Don't you??? I want my points back!!!

I just looked at all the reservations on Wyndham and found that our 154,000 points we bought originally no longer buys a full week which means we have to buy more! No flippin way! You know, I think I need to become a lobbyist for the people and SHUT down time share companies or join their mafia/government!!! Government racketeering at it's finest! You just gotta love America!!! LOL

================================================

That's quite a rant --- somehow even invoking mafia, government and "racketeering" images in the course of merely discussing timeshare use! I offer instead a few relevant facts and objective observations in reply:

1. Even at the most basic Wyndham ownership level (with no VIP status, no Platinum, etc.) you can deposit FSP points each year for credit directly with Wyndham, if you do so prior to the actual "use year". Only by virtue of not having done so and by not having used your points (...and by waiting until the end of the calendar year) have you now lost out on access to those other options, leaving you with depositing the FSP points with RCI as your only remaining choice. Really now --- whose fault is that, exactly?

2. Even though I have no use for RCI, it's nonetheless a gross and unfair exaggeration to state that you "can't find anything anywhere in the world to stay at through RCI". Dozens of people report acquiring exchanges with RCI each and every day on sites like Timeshare Users Group and TS4MS. Perhaps more accurately and correctly stated, you apparently "can't find availability in the places you want to go when you want to go there" which, you surely must admit, is a completely and distinctly different (and far more accurate) statement of the actual facts of the matter.

3. Since Wyndham now OWNS RCI, it makes business sense that Wyndham would favor RCI as an affiliated exchange company. Nonetheless, some Wyndham properties actually have Interval Intl. affiliation and will continue to do so.

4. You don't actually EVER "need to buy more" FSP Points. You can always rent FSP Points from other Wyndham owners for your one time use for about $4.00 per thousand points; such offers are routinely advertised all over the Internet and are perfectly legal. You can even rent FSP points for one time use directly from Wyndham itself for that matter (...but at $8.00 per thousand FSP points, that's no bargain).

With all due respect, I strongly suggest that you study up to acquire a much, much better understanding of Wyndham FSP points. 154k FSP points, when deposited with RCI, is actually worth TWO separate high quality 70k RCI weeks ---- with 14k points still left over (although RCI will also charge an exchange fee if / when you accept an exchange). That said, whatever you're looking for as an exchange must first be deposited with RCI by someone else in the first place, in order to become available for "exchange" at all --- either to you or to anyone else. If a particular week is not deposited, then you can't get what simply isn't there. Weeks offered for exchange are first deposited --- they are not created or invented out of thin air. This certainly doesn't mean that NOTHING is available from RCI; it simply means instead that YOUR FIRST CHOICES may not be available --- a very different and far more accurate statement of the facts.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 27, 2008 07:55 AM

Nov 28, 2008

Roxanne, You say 154,000 Fairshare Points will no longer get a week with Wyndham. It is true that some of the new resorts may have a higher point value, but your points should still buy a week for the same season/same unit size/same place as when you bought. Just at random, I looked at Kingsgate in Williamsburg. You can afford a Prime week in a 2 bedroom Deluxe there. Tamarack at Wisconsin Dells: ditto. At the brand new Glacier Canyon at the Dells, however, this would cost 210,000 pts.--but that includes free admission to the 7 indoor and outdoor water parks on site. Many years ago, we bought 154,000 pts. at Palm Aire, Ft. Lauderdale-- 154,000 points equaled a 2BR Deluxe in HIGH season. The current chart shows no change at all.

Of course, you are not required to reserve full weeks. You can always choose to reserve fewer days or a smaller unit or a lower season at a higher point location. That is the joy of points! You are not locked in to a certain size or time period.

If you travel Sunday to Friday morning, point costs are much lower than Friday and Saturday nights.

Of course, the earlier you reserve the more likely you are to get the location you want. December is pretty much "gone" in many places. On the other hand, if you are flexible, you may be able to use a point discount within 45 days of check-in. More space will be available in Quiet or Value seasons, naturally.

If you have not examined the new Wyndham website, check it out. Under Reservations you can see what is available for how many points at any time and actually make the reservation if you wish. DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT LIKE I TRIED TO DO. YOU CAN ONLY SEE EVERYTHING DURING THE HOURS THE PHONE OFFICE IS OPEN. MD

Mary D.

Last edited by adahiscout on Nov 28, 2008 03:55 PM

Nov 29, 2008

First of all I would like to respond to the posting before the last. I keep forgetting that most Americans do not comprehensively read literature on a daily basis and therefore do not pick up on my sense of humor or whether or not I am really ranting. Believe me if I were, I would use a few more choice words.

It is RACKETEERING when government's allow corporations to rip off citizens as they are receiving millions in tax revenue from victims. I call that mafia when nobody in our government will do anything to protect We The People.

My points at my original timeshare in Las Vegas at The Grand Desert NO LONGER BUYS A FULL WEEK in a two bedroom unit as it used to. Sorry but that is the truth and I am up a financial creek without a paddle on that one!

I truly wish someone honest would respond to my posting about how does a victim of this TIMESHARE FRAUD get out of a timeshare without destroying their credit since THEY ARE NEVER BOUGHT BY A SECOND PARTY? My timeshare is bought and paid for but my maintenance fees of $80 a month...Wyndham will ruin mY credit over. How does one pull this blood-money sucking leach out of thier lives and kill it?

Roxanne L.
Nov 29, 2008

Those of us who tried to give some hopefully useful information in reply to your problem are probably not too thrilled that you are still looking for "someone Honest".

We owned at Grand Dessert also for a while because the maintenance fees were lower than at many other Wyndhams. I am not home to access my Wyndham book regarding current point costs but I find it hard to believe that they could have gone up on the building you bought into. One resort can and sometimes does build new developments and they may charge more points for the same size unit in the new (Not identical) construction. They have built more in Vegas, as I understand it, so it is possible that when you tried to reserve the only opening was in the newer section with a different point structure. When I get home, I'll check on that!

Maintenance fees themselves can and do go up over time just as most other things tend to do. We do not have to like it, but it is a fact of life. MD

Mary D.
Nov 29, 2008

I am not looking for a cheerleader of timeshares but someone who can offer an explanation on selling my timeshare or to tell me how I can just throw it away so as to not have the obligation of paying the maintenance fees for something we cannot count on for at least a week's holiday a year anymore let alone a none night's stay at a Motel 6. How does one GET RID OF A TIMESHARE LEACH?

Roxanne L.
Nov 29, 2008

Do not buy a Wyndham Resorts or Grand Desert timeshare folks! Drop tail and run like hell!

Roxanne L.
Nov 29, 2008

Does anyone have any experience of QUITTING a timeshare? Just up and stop paying any more annual fees? I own at Sheraton's Vistana Resort near Disney World, and I cannot sell or GIVE my timeshare away.( I've tried, many times, to give it away.) I don't want it, don't need it, and they don't care. They are hounding me now every month, adding late fees, lockout charges, etc. and my 2008 week hasn't even come up yet. (It's December.) Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Joseph B.
Nov 30, 2008

what about if I signed the contact and mailed to them already? Is that possible I can dispute the charge?

Gloria L.
Dec 01, 2008

glorial57 wrote:
what about if I signed the contact and mailed to them already? Is that possible I can dispute the charge?

Merely disputing a credit card charge will NOT cancel a valid, signed timeshare purchase contract. Contract execution and payment method are distinctly separate matters. BEFORE disputing the credit card charge, FIRST you need to lawfully cancel the contract itself (if you are still within the time period allowing you to do so).

State law provides for contract rescission (cancellation) IF done properly AND on time AND in writing. The "in writing" part is very clearly specified somewhere within the contract documents already in your possession (these instructions MUST have been provided to you, by law). Use ONLY the address and procedures identified in the cancellation instructions --- do NOT ad lib, do NOT make phone calls and do NOT send emails. NONE of those things are legally adequate substitutes for following EXACTLY the cancellation instructions which were previously provided to you in writing. If the instructions say U.S. Mail (as they almost certainly do), then don't just decide on your own to use FedEx, DHL, UPS, or a carrier pigeon instead.

The time period deadline for cancellation varies from state to state (it's the state of the timeshare location that determines this deadline, not YOUR state of residence). In Ohio and Indiana, the deadline is shortest at three days. It's longest in Alaska, at 15 days. Other states are somewhere in between (Florida is 10 calendar days). Most other states are 5-7 business or calendar days). It's the postmark date on your cancellation letter that determines whether you have met the deadline. Using certified mail, you will be provided with a date stamped receipt from the folks at the Post Office counter. "Return receipt requested" is fine, but is NOT legally necessary, since successful delivery (if the material was correctly addressed in the first place) would simply be presumed by any court of law. Date of actual delivery by the postal service does not matter one bit either. The POSTMARK date rules all --- if your cancellation letter is not postmarked within state law deadlines, the developer is NOT required to (and likely won't) process your cancellation request. So, if you're still within the rescission (cancellation) time period, get off the computer and go do it NOW!! If the contract rescission deadline has already passed, merely calling your credit card issuer to dispute the charge absolutely is NOT going to just magically invalidate that contract, which is a valid legal instrument you knowingly and voluntarily chose to execute and sign.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 01, 2008 12:09 PM

Jan 24, 2009

hey i have a timeshare in the bahamas i try to give it back to them about 15 day aftter i got it they would not take it back at the island seas resort well the loan is in orlando FL. anyway i want to sell it an get out of it so i got resale buy owner to try sell it 4 me so they said they could take about 3 to 4 month to sell but they needed some money to advertise it so anyway i was not sure if i wanted to do it they call me an beg me every few day to let they sell it so i gave in after a few week the guys name was was rick berman he was goin sell it .it all BULL **** they got my $1000. dolar never call me back so anyway i call them every week they wont talk to me well i contacted them an somebody there pick up i told them a lawyer from flordia would be callin them an i had the paper they gave me 4 them sellin it an a copy of the check what they dont no i make a few dollar a year so im goin after them an im sell buggin them an i might try get the put thing in new paper there . but i will never stop being on them they are worst then it a crook but a crook can go to jail all them need to be in jail .an they need be SHUT DOWN wish we could GETeverybody TOGETHER to get the court an go after them it a rip off the hole time share thing .it cheaper to take your money an go on vacation . I WILL DO EVERY I CAN DO TO GET OUT OF THAT AN ASLO GHO AFTER RESALE BUY OWER

Steven D.
Jan 25, 2009

The greatest message on timeshare forums is to NEVER EVER pay a company in the hundreds of dollars to list your timeshare in their database ..... they're all SCAMS.

R P.
Feb 17, 2009

I just wanted to let you know that the company that someone suggested would help get money back from a timeshare ripp off - Haufman & Assoc at 866-568-5561 - their phone number is no longer working. Does anyone have another company or a different phone number for this company. Or does anyone know of a different company that helps people get their money back? TIA

Lynnette F.
Feb 17, 2009

Ken's reply is so true ! I have been using RCI for 3 years now and have no problem exchanging my TS. Of course I'd have to be flexible in date and location but I have got Manhattan , St marten, Hawaii.... abd I don't always have gold resort but I don't really care as long as units are clean and staff helpful. Vien

Vien L.
Feb 18, 2009

So what is your point, everybody knows that timeshare resale is a scam... I worked with 3 companies myself and spent more then $3000.00

RE: I soon realized that I was dealing with a timeshare scam by that time I had already been well on my way to making $156K for the year getting a 30% commission on every deal I sold. It took you a year to realize that you scamming people, bs. Anyways, I've refunded my money, working with timesharelitigators.com. They work with a law firm, if anybody looking to file a class action ,they sure can help.

Ron C.
Feb 18, 2009

Hi, I have recently worked with Timesharelitigators.com 8665838878 they work with a law firm and go after timeshare resale companies. They helped me to refund my $3299.00 from resale companies I’ve worked with. They claim to be the only company who provide the services.

Ron C.
Feb 19, 2009

Per similar discussion (plug) on TUG...a shill watch has been issued!

Bruce Z.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.