Jul 20, 2012

Stormy Point Village is a scam. We have been owners for one year and were told by sales reps. and financial officer that our purchase included unlimited weeks per year at ANY resort including Westgate in Branson. Rep suggested we purchase a 2 bdroom but request a 4 bdroom when scheduling a unit. Rep and financial officer both confirmed that we could have a 4 bdroom at any resort for $299 per/wk. This Is Not True!!!! We were told numerous lies during the sales conference. Head office said we misunderstood the conditions. Now, we are paying $8,000 for a worthless piece of junk. Don't be fooled..... Stay away from Summer Winds Resort Services.

Honnye A.
Jul 20, 2012

We have not filed any complaints but would like to. Apparently, Summer Winds is not a member of the Better Business Bureau. Can you help us. We purchased a two bdroom last summer and were completely deceived during the sales conference. We just want out and are willing to cut our losses.

Honnye A.

Last edited by honnyea on Jul 20, 2012 07:21 PM

Jul 20, 2012

I wish we had been as smart as you. We were foolish and purchased a 2 bedroom for $8,000, believing they would sale our timeshare with Westgate Resorts. We were told numerous lies. Each time we've contacted them about our concerns we are told that we misunderstood the contract. This has been a costly mistake for our family.

Honnye A.
Jul 20, 2012

Go to the BBB website and type in Summerwinds Resorts in the window where you check out a business. Click on the one in Branson. You can read the many complaints and their outcomes. There are people who have received refunds and had their contract cancelled. I believe these people were successful because they demanded a refund and the contract cancelled because they had been lied to. They described the lies in detail, and the lies they described were the ones that do not contradict the contract. They were not going to take 'no' for an answer. People who just complain that they can't book time are only helped to book time. Demand a refund and don't give up. You can read my earlier posting for more ideas.

Amy D.
Aug 25, 2012

To everyone that is searching the BBB for Summerwinds Resorts. Make sure you UNcheck the BBB accredited box, because Summerwinds isn't accredited and you will find 2 results. Click on the first one and you will have the info on them.

Kenyon L.
Sep 11, 2012

I am not going to say much here, but I know a person who was selling at Stormy Point, doing very well. A nice person by my personometer.

He recently told me their tactic of promising to sell your existing ownership in order to get you to buy at Stormy Point is a total scam, which he just found out. There is no reseller and no one's existing timeshares are being sold.

I know more, but I don't feel comfortable saying any more than that here.

I would report it to the MO AG, but I don't have a dog in this fight and I don't want to get the person I know in trouble. He is fessing up and doing the right thing, much more than I can say about other TS salespeople in Branson.

If you got screwed and have discovered you have both the timeshare they promised to sell and the Stormy Point one they scammed you into, get some backbone and call them on it. If you are a victim, contact the MO AG. They are pro-active against timeshare and vacation club scams.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Sep 11, 2012 05:34 PM

Sep 13, 2012

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You don't think you should get a backbone and prevent future scams to innocent people. You would rather this dog and pony show continue than offend someone?

Bob J.
Sep 16, 2012

It does not matter if I have a backbone or not, since I am not a victim. I can't file a complaint if I have not been scammed. Pretty simple.

Not to reveal too much, but I/we have been timesharing for more than 25 years, and advising other owners via internet timeshare forums almost every day for about 15 years.

I, and a small group of others, worked together to help reveal the secrets when they were all "proprietary".

During this time, I have ran several issues past the MO AG, so that I know that I cannot do that unless I am a victim. I have also done the same in Florida.

I have done the best one person can to try to get these folks to understand that the biggest scam is what is considered the "legitimate" timeshare industry. If they did not do what they do the way they do it, there would be no need for resale scams and post card companies.

Those who know me know this, and I don't see anyone in this thread who knows me.

In this case, if the industry provided for owners when they are done using their timeshares, this scam could not be perpetrated. I have talked to other salespeople at the same resort, and they are rude, callous, unconcerned about anything but the next deal. One has mocked me over the $3000 in annual fees we have for timeshares we no longer use.

Yesterday I ran into a couple who were just livid, totally upset and out of sorts. They had just left their 90-minute presentation after four hours. Same resort. The good thing for them . . . they left.

Since I am no more of a victim than you, and vice versa, feel free to link this thread to the MO AG, anyone:

ag@ago.mo.gov

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Sep 16, 2012 07:47 PM

Sep 16, 2012

FWIW, I was BBB member and consumer rights activist as long ago as 1970, and assure you the BBB will not do anything for you.

You have to lawyer up, or at the very least threaten to blow the whistle on these people. I was not going to say anything more about this particular scam, but since I already have, I was told that they will undo any deal and do a refund for anyone who lawyers up, and that they still do OK because of those who don't.

NoOneYouKnow
Sep 16, 2012

It is also a shame that on forums like this where we used to discuss the things we loved about timesharing, and helped each other maximize our usage, we now talk about stuff like this, how the industry seems to have become little more than one big scam, sleazy operations selling stuff for thousands of dollars that previous victims have a hard time getting a dollar for on craigslist and eBay, or here.

& those are the legitimate people.

The industry never considered that one day the resale value of 99.9999% of timeshare weeks would be zip, and now that's the case.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 20, 2012 11:27 PM

Sep 28, 2012

Been kicking myself from day one for falling for this scam, but my wife and I bought into this ownership thing about 2 months ago. For the past couple weeks, I have researched and read about every complaint, 100's and 100's and that go back YEARS. I sent a letter to Mr. Joyce, the Chairman, a few days ago but as of this posting, have heard nothing. Sorry but I'm not going to sit around and become their cash cow and ATM machine! Yesterday I started a Petition that I'm hoping will get somebody's legal attention, my local U.S Rep, the Mo Atty Gen, Gov. Nixon, and the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection. If you would like to help out, this is NOT a scam and I'm just like the rest of you, I don't like being lied too and especially when it comes to robbing me of my hard earned cash....Go to Change.Org and type in Summerwinds Resort in "find" top of page. This will take you to the petition I started yesterday. Click on "sign" and fill in the from. It only takes a few seconds and if you do not want your or anybody else's name made public, there's a place to click on that too. When there are enough names collected, I'm checking with the state offices now to find out how many signatures will get their attention, I will send this petition to as many people and state offices including the FTC as possible. We can complain, whine, lawyer up, or whatever, etc but until there is at least an attempt to stop this fraud, these types of businesses will continue to exist. Personally, I'm not going to rest until something is done. If you agree, go to Change.Org and sign the petition. Get the word out, social media, phone, text, etc and hopefully we can get enough names on the petition that will serve notice to Summerwinds Resort that we as consumers are NOT going to take this without a fight. Thanks and Good luck to ALL of us.

Jerry K.
Sep 28, 2012

Thank You! Just signed the petition.

Bob J.
Sep 30, 2012

I will share that elsewhere, help spread the word.

I am around these arrogant people almost every day, and, after being a timeshare owner for more than 20 years, they make me boil!!!

If bad comes on them, they brought it on themselves, and they know that.

JMHO - - - - - - Well, maybe not:

"Sorry, your search - Summerwinds Resort - did not match any current petitions." - - - - - - But I did find this, where you said the same thing:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/summerwinds-resort/travel-services/branson-missouri-31E95.htm

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Sep 30, 2012 09:02 AM

Sep 30, 2012

Read ur post today and went back to Change.org and typed in Summerwinds Resort in the "find" space at top of the home page. Try it again. It worked for me. Shows search results: Summerwinds Resort, by Sport King, 3 supporters, and "Sign" for you to click. Thanks for your interest and support. Let me know if you continue to have problems. Yes that was my post on "Ripoff" also. Any other forums or websites this can be passed on to? This has been somewhat traumatizing for my wife and I and Friday submitted my complaint to the Mo. BBB. That may not show up for a few days but I'm slowly but surely getting trying to get the word out.

jlb wrote:
I will share that elsewhere, help spread the word.

I am around these arrogant people almost every day, and, after being a timeshare owner for more than 20 years, they make me boil!!!

If bad comes on them, they brought it on themselves, and they know that.

JMHO - - - - - - Well, maybe not:

"Sorry, your search - Summerwinds Resort - did not match any current petitions." - - - - - - But I did find this, where you said the same thing:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/summerwinds-resort/travel-services/branson-missouri-31E95.htm

Jerry K.
Sep 30, 2012

Well just a matter of time I guess... Saw today on Mo BBB where they finally made the big time and got the big "F" rating. When I was in school years ago, that meant FAILED! This is beyond me how this could happen but at the same time, not surprised. After reading all of the accusations and complaints, do any of these things sound familar? *Help sell other timeshares people own *Help rent out their timeshares *Help get great deals on vacation packages *Not give consumers enough time to make decisions *Creating a sense of urgency and a high-pressured environment. Well, these are just a few of the reasons that, then Mo Atty Gen Jay Nixon, filed suit against Festiva Resorts in 2005 and Branson Log Homes in 2008. Are we getting close, Summerwinds, or are we there already?

Jerry K.
Oct 01, 2012

Sorry, your search - Summerwinds Resort - did not match any current petitions.

still

When I put Summerwinds Resort in the search box, there is nothing to click. "Browse Petitions" is there, but that doesn't do it.

Here it is:

Criminal Justice

Summerwinds Resort by Sport King 3 SUPPORTERS SIGN SHARE

NoOneYouKnow
Oct 02, 2012

I was thinking Branson Log Homes/Executive Timbers before I got to where you said it.

Yeah, seems the same. But Jay Nixon is no Longer AG and it is an election year, so not business as usual.

Branson has a reputation foir looking the other way when it comes to businesses adding to the economy, and timeshare folks have been an integral part of Branson for a long time.

But, yes, this veteran, who is also close to the situation, thinks folks are getting scammed bigtime.

Summerwinds Resort Services LLC (800) 699-3250 View Additional Phone Numbers 3179 N Gretna Rd, Branson, MO 65616-7243 View Additional Web Addresses

F On a scale of A+ to F

Here's 126 Complaints:

http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/summerwinds-resort-services-in-branson-mo-29040/complaints

Sorry about the link; That's just the way it came out and I can't fix it.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Oct 02, 2012 06:47 PM

Oct 02, 2012

deleted by author

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Oct 02, 2012 06:57 PM

Oct 02, 2012

deleted by author

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Oct 02, 2012 06:58 PM

Oct 02, 2012

Tried to repost the link, but it does not connect.

http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/summerwinds-resort-services-in-branson-mo-29040/complaints

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Oct 02, 2012 06:59 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.