Oct 31, 2013

My family has also been scammed by Summer Winds. I have signed your petition. Please let me know if you have gotten anywhere with getting out of your contract. We bought in June of 2013. I have noticed that there have been more and more recent complaints on the BBB. I am interested in contacting a lawyer regarding this issue. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

jerryk137 wrote:
Been kicking myself from day one for falling for this scam, but my wife and I bought into this ownership thing about 2 months ago. For the past couple weeks, I have researched and read about every complaint, 100's and 100's and that go back YEARS. I sent a letter to Mr. Joyce, the Chairman, a few days ago but as of this posting, have heard nothing. Sorry but I'm not going to sit around and become their cash cow and ATM machine! Yesterday I started a Petition that I'm hoping will get somebody's legal attention, my local U.S Rep, the Mo Atty Gen, Gov. Nixon, and the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection. If you would like to help out, this is NOT a scam and I'm just like the rest of you, I don't like being lied too and especially when it comes to robbing me of my hard earned cash....Go to Change.Org and type in Summerwinds Resort in "find" top of page. This will take you to the petition I started yesterday. Click on "sign" and fill in the from. It only takes a few seconds and if you do not want your or anybody else's name made public, there's a place to click on that too. When there are enough names collected, I'm checking with the state offices now to find out how many signatures will get their attention, I will send this petition to as many people and state offices including the FTC as possible. We can complain, whine, lawyer up, or whatever, etc but until there is at least an attempt to stop this fraud, these types of businesses will continue to exist. Personally, I'm not going to rest until something is done. If you agree, go to Change.Org and sign the petition. Get the word out, social media, phone, text, etc and hopefully we can get enough names on the petition that will serve notice to Summerwinds Resort that we as consumers are NOT going to take this without a fight. Thanks and Good luck to ALL of us.

Joshua M.
Oct 31, 2013

I will definitely give an affidavit regarding Summer Winds. We were told outright lies in order to sell us on the timeshare. When filing a complaint with the BBB the company contacted me and offered a reduced contract at a reduced rate but would not cancel the contract. I do not understand how they are able to lie to customers and get away with it.

Joshua M.
Nov 01, 2013

" I do not understand how they are able to lie to customers and get away with it. " - - - - - - That's how timeshare is sold. Always has been. What is said and what is not said.

By and large, government watchdog agencies accept it as legitimate.

NoOneYouKnow
Nov 07, 2013

I'm trying to get witnesses or affidavits for an arbitration against these people. How might I get in touch with you.

William H.
Nov 07, 2013

You can feel free to contact me at 618-322-7002. My name is Josh. I feel that I have been taken advantage of because I decided to put my trust in this company and believe that they were honest. I am ready to do whatever it takes to expose this fraud.

Joshua M.
Nov 07, 2013

If I was pissed and knew someone like me, someone close to the situation, someone who was told exactly what was going on by their #1 salesperson, who quit when he found out, and told them to keep the money he was owed, and it was an outright scam, I'd be finding a way to talk to me.

I certainly am not going to just call a phone number, not knowing who's, or why, or whatever.

NoOneYouKnow
Nov 13, 2013

Wow! We purchased a 3 bedroom at Stormy Point in July and immediately we found out that what we were told was not matching up when we tried to get a week. They set up a meeting with us if we would travel back to Branson , which we did, and they convinced us that we were insane and had misunderstood. The Supervisor did not even stay in the room while we went back and forth on what we both thought we were told. We ended with unlimited weeks were available for $299 anytime and that they were 99% available within 30 days. I just was told that it was $399 per week and that to make sure it was available , it would cost $799. Feeling really stupid right now!

Ray S.
Nov 13, 2013

Everyone should contact Chris Koster, the AG. He and his predecessor, Jay Nixon, now Governor, have an excellent record in the timeshare and vacation club area.

But, they need numbers of similar complaints, which this particular one has the potential to provide since the scam was just their normal business routine.

http://ago.mo.gov/consumercomplaint.htm

If you search Stormy Point, there are already around 80 complaints filed with the MO AG:

http://www.consumer.ago.mo.gov/search/complaintSearch.cgi

NoOneYouKnow
Nov 27, 2013

I need to take back my previous complimentary comment about the Missouri AG.

I offered to let them know what's going on with this scam and how to go about proving it, but they have passed.

The day when our government(s) cared about the consumer is long gone. Even when criminal activity is likely, they opt for the consumer to take up things in a civil court, with their own attorney.

That way your attorney and the scammer's attorney can hash it out. In proceedings like that there are normally only two winners.

So, even with close to 100 similar complaints at the MO AG, it looks like you're on your own. Keep in mind that I was assured that those who lawyer up get out of their deal.

I don't know if it would help if you mention that you know about their fake reseller scam.

Good luck. I'm outta here.

NoOneYouKnow
Aug 09, 2014

214 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 72 closed in last 12 months - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/summerwinds-resort-services-in-branson-mo-29040#sthash.R9ZfYzLW.dpuf

NoOneYouKnow
Dec 31, 2014

Were you able to have the contract cancelled. I am in the same situation and trying to figure out what to do.

Joshua M.
Jan 01, 2015

Nothing much has changed:

F On a scale of A+ to F

Reason for RatingBBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.Factors that lowered Summerwinds Resort Services, LLC's rating include:216 complaints filed against businessFailure to respond to 14 complaints filed against business.13 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.14 serious complaints filed against business. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/summerwinds-resort-services-in-branson-mo-29040#reasonrating

NoOneYouKnow
Aug 19, 2015

How do we get out of West gate timeshare

Josh F.
Aug 19, 2015

This thread is about Stormy Point Village in Branson.

Good Luck trying to get rid of Wastegate!!!

Or just about any timeshare.

http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=20646&message_id=73504&query=JLB#fm73504

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Aug 19, 2015 04:36 PM

Aug 20, 2015

We stayed at stormy point this july. The pontoon rental was one of the selling points when we purchased. We were supposed to be able to rent a pontoon for 159 per day as owners. They told us that no longer do any rental of any kind. Just fyi. Most of the info that they give you during the sales presentation is just not true.

Joshua M.
Aug 21, 2015

I'm not sure how or why this happens, but their BBB ratings has gone from F to:

B-

On a scale of A+ to F

One would believe that would be because they resolve all complaints, or most of them.

"Additional Complaint InformationOn March 27, 2015 and April 22, 2015 the BBB contacted the company by mail to request an explanation for their pattern of complaints concerning "high pressure sales tactics and difficulties with terms of the contract. On May 11, 2015 the company responded to the BBB with an explanation of their practices, but did not offer a process to eliminate future complaints. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/summerwinds-resort-services-in-branson-mo-29040#sthash.KxE8xhjF.dpuf"

214 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 61 closed in last 12 months - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/summerwinds-resort-services-in-branson-mo-29040#sthash.KxE8xhjF.dpuf

Additional Informationtop On February 25, 2012 the company met with BBB and had requested that consumers with questions or concerns please contact the Owner Services department at 800-699-3250. Be sure to ask for "Owner Services" when calling the number. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/summerwinds-resort-services-in-branson-mo-29040#sthash.KxE8xhjF.dpuf

Contact InformationPrincipal: Pat Joyce (President)Customer Contact: Floyd Elliot (Customer Service Manager) Darren Abott (Vice President of Sales) Candice Joster (Vice President of Marketing) Dawn Joyce (Vice President) Josh Neally (Legal Officer) Tom Newman (COO) - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/summerwinds-resort-services-in-branson-mo-29040#sthash.KxE8xhjF.dpuf

NoOneYouKnow
Oct 01, 2015

If you check out the recent complaints about Stormy Point Village/Summerwinds with the SW MO BBB, you will see that they are still using the same old scam. They target people who want to get rid of an existing timeshare, tell them they will do that for them, putting money in their pocket, if they will buy at SPV.

Of course, the trusting-but-gullible folks wind up with both timeshares.

They've been using that scam for years.

Like someone above said three years ago, if you call them on it, and file a complaint with the BBB and MO AG, they will refund your money. They know what they're doing and are OK with what sticks on the wall.

NoOneYouKnow
Apr 22, 2017

Just to let everyone know i as a former employee of stormy point they will try and screw you every way they can. They tell you that they have sandy beaches which are 10 miles away. They use to have pontoon boats which are crap and break down all the time with you on it. The GM and Assistiant Gm are fake and liars. If you have a time share with them sell it and get out while you can.

Dale D.
Apr 22, 2017

If you need a wittness in court i will do that for you i was employed for 4 years with them. I know their dirty little secrets.

Dale D.
Apr 23, 2017

Pat Joyce + Mrs. Jim Stafford+Jim Stafford=foreclosed theater regained and renamed and upcoming trial

How am I doing?

NoOneYouKnow

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.