Nov 30, 2017

Contact me

Susan B.
Nov 30, 2017

Can you contact me? I bought and decided next day to rescind all they did is have me write a note that I no longer wanted what I purchased the day before on company letter head with a code number they gave me we both signed and they gave me my check back that does quite seem legal enough.marnt there more formal league documents?. They still have all the contract papers should they have given those back? Is there anything I need to do with that code? And how long do I have?

Susan B.
Nov 30, 2017

Five days . . . goes by "postmark" date, but, good luck getting a "postmark" any more. ;)

Here's where/who to ask:

https://ago.mo.gov/civil-division/consumer/consumer-topics/vacation-timeshares

PS: When you say "Contact me," and there is no way to do that, well . . .

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Nov 30, 2017 08:15 AM

Nov 30, 2017

Here's the Missouri Statutes on the matter:

Title XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE

  407.620. Cancellation of purchase — printed notice of right to cancel to be given purchaser — form requirements. — In addition to any other remedy by which such an agreement may be rescinded or otherwise voided, a purchaser of a time-share plan or time-share property has five days after the day of purchase to cancel the purchase. Printed notice of this right to cancel shall be given to the purchaser in writing with the use of 18-point boldface type in the following manner: NOTICE

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS AGREEMENT WITHIN FIVE DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT. CANCELLATION MUST BE IN WRITING AND IF SENT BY MAIL, ADDRESSED TO THE OTHER CONTRACTING PARTY AS SHOWN ON THIS AGREEMENT, CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL CANNOT BE WAIVED.

(L. 1985 H.B. 96, et al.) Effective 5-31-85

NoOneYouKnow
Dec 30, 2017

Just found out my parents purchased, then upgraded a timeshare at Stormy Point. I am handling their finances now as they are in their 90's. The annual maintenance is due and they have never used this, nor will they ever. Is there any money to be gotten out of this, or should I just let it go? Any advice would be appreciated.

Joe R.
Dec 30, 2017

What's your gut say?

DW and I have given away, free, much better (marketwise) timeshares than a Branson resort. We started with six, and are down to 2, after 5 or 6 years of running "Free" ads.

If you want to check that out, put an ad on Springfield, Mo craigslist, and see how it goes.

If I was in my 90s, I'd just stop paying. In fact, I'd contact the resort, tell them I'm in my 90s, and I'm going to stop paying, and I'd be happy to QC it to the resort. What's the worst that could happen? Put a lien of your folk's house, if they have one?

https://springfield.craigslist.org/reo/d/sell-trade-branson-mo/6415233981.html

NoOneYouKnow
Dec 31, 2017

We are in the same situation..told we could use any week for 400.00 but when we tried to, told 999.99 for a July week in Branson. We are so disappointed as well.

Janet R.
Dec 31, 2017

Lying to get the sale is rampant, not only at this resort.

No one who can do anything about it has the desire to.

No one is on the consumers' side . . . it's a matter of the times we are living in right now.

Anyone's only hope is to be as hateful to them as they are to the consumer, and bug them into working something out for you.

Not that the current AG cares, like previous ones did, but here's a place to complain:

https://www.ago.mo.gov/file-a-complaint

and here's another one:

https://www.bbb.org/en/us/mo/springfield

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Dec 31, 2017 02:35 PM

Jan 01, 2018

Deed back?

I'm skeptical.

NoOneYouKnow
Apr 08, 2018

Unfortunately everything I read in these comments are true. I actually used to manage stormy Point Village and no of the lies that are perpetuated to get people to buy. The employees and staff that worked with me at the resort we're fabulous and stand up people and I have been very proud to have worked with them! Unfortunately the owners of the company, the leadership and sales and for the large part a great many of the salespeople truly mislead many many people! It got so bad I had to leave the corporate office doing contracts because it was tearing me up inside. I was gracious enough to be able to manage the resort and I truly felt we were doing some really good things for the people that took vacations there. I got fired because I did not agree with their philosophy and challenge them on every moralistic Viewpoint they held. I hope eventually the answer to all of their lies. Good luck to you all.

Don L.
Apr 09, 2018

I copy-and-pasted a few of the posts here, and the link to this thread, and emailed it to the Missouri AG. Here's their reply:

Dear Consumer,

Thank you for contacting the Missouri Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Section. Based on the information you have provided, we may be able to assist you by contacting the company and requesting an explanation of the matter you described. First, we request that you take the time to complete a consumer complaint form. You may file online at www.ago.mo.gov by clicking on Consumer Complaints. If you are unable to access this website, we have attached a complaint form to this email. Please fill it out in its entirety and e-mail or mail it back to our office.

We will not proceed until we receive your completed complaint form.

We appreciate your time and effort in contacting us and acknowledge your assistance in helping us enforce the consumer protection laws of Missouri.

Consumer Complaint Form ago.mo.gov 573-751-3321 Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley If you would like to file a consumer complaint, please complete and mail this form to: Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley • Consumer Protection Unit • P.O. Box 899 • Jefferson City, MO 65102

https://ago.mo.gov/app/consumercomplaint

NoOneYouKnow
Jun 05, 2018

We purchased a two bedroom house in Feb. 2017 with the hopes of using this for more travel purposes. As soon as we received our information, I contacted Summer Winds to try to book a Hawaiian vacation. It turns out everything told to us during the sales pitch about discounts and lower costs were all untruths. I literally had a travel agent in the same phone call that we should've booked this vacation over a year ago -which was impossible - and that they don't get discounts on airlines like we were told. No one has ever responded back to me about any of our complaints.

Every time I try to find a time to use our Branson house, everything is booked and nothing is available.

It has been nothing but headaches and everything told to us in the sales pitch was straight lies.

Gdpr C.
Jun 05, 2018

jenniferh1259 wrote:
We purchased a two bedroom house in Feb. 2017 with the hopes of using this for more travel purposes. As soon as we received our information, I contacted Summer Winds to try to book a Hawaiian vacation. It turns out everything told to us during the sales pitch about discounts and lower costs were all untruths. I literally had a travel agent in the same phone call that we should've booked this vacation over a year ago -which was impossible - and that they don't get discounts on airlines like we were told. No one has ever responded back to me about any of our complaints.

Every time I try to find a time to use our Branson house, everything is booked and nothing is available.

It has been nothing but headaches and everything told to us in the sales pitch was straight lies.

Follow the information in the previous post. The AG has invited you/all the file a complaint. (Assuming Josh Hawley can stay in office!!!)

If you lawyer up Summerwinds will cancel your purchase and refund. So few do that the their "mud"-on-the-wall technique is profitable.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Jun 05, 2018 12:48 PM

Jun 06, 2018

When you say lawyerup...what are you specifically saying? We have contacted a lawyer who told us that its a no win situation. He has tried to help others over a 25 plus year period and has gotten no where and spent alot of his clients money doing it. We purchased back in 2014 and it has been lie after lie about using the cottage and facilities and we continue to make a payment every month. Now they are requesting a Special Assessment of $660 promising you that if you pay it by 8/1 you can have a free week. We were able to use our 4BR Cottage back in 2015 for a week and actually did love it there, other than it was in November so alot of the resort was closed. We are just done with it and the lies but have been told that we can't get out of it because we owe money to Concord Servicing. We felt very pressured in to purchasing it by the sales lady that basically wouldn't let us leave. We did leave and came back the next day to say we didn't want it and they took us back in an office and started pressuring us by reducing the cost to almost half price. So we felt pressured and had to leave for home that evening or would have gone back the next day. Wasn't aware of the Missouri law that we could cancel the contract or would have. Call us stupid and naive I guess. The following January they sent us a use form and little did we know that we didn't even get what we thought we were getting....we went from a every year use to a every three year use.....NEVER told anything about that...guess we should have paid more attention to the small print on the contract. Learned a real life lesson! We don't want this to go against our credit, so how do you get out of this timeshare? when you owe money?

jlb wrote:
jenniferh1259 wrote:

Follow the information in the previous post. The AG has invited you/all the file a complaint. (Assuming Josh Hawley can stay in office!!!)

If you lawyer up Summerwinds will cancel your purchase and refund. So few do that the their "mud"-on-the-wall technique is profitable.

Keely K.

Last edited by keelyk3 on Jun 06, 2018 08:52 AM

Jun 06, 2018

I have dealt with an experienced attorney who will shoot straight with you. If he can get you out, he will. If he can't, he will let you know that. I connected with him through another website.

When I talked to him a few years ago, $1000 if he gets you out.

When I said "lawyer up", I was speaking of those who were seeking to break their contract early-on with Summerwinds, because of all the lies they were told, not three or four years later.

I know your pain. I have been a timeshare advocate for 20 years, turned critic when the biz-model changed against owners. I/we have managed to give away five weeks over a period of several years through sheer persistence. At the same time, I/we have bought/rented/sold new purchases in the last few years, profitably.

NoOneYouKnow
Jun 13, 2018

As from time to time, I ran into a Stormy Point Village owner yesterday. I try not to burst the bubble for people I don't know, so I just told them that we have timeshared for almost 30 years, and to find some information on the Internet if they want to find out what's going on.

That's hard to do when the top salesman at the time told me about how he found out what they are doing, and that he quit, telling them to keep $70K in commissions he was owed, because he didn't want to be a part of it.

That was maybe three years ago, but from what I read on the BBB reports, it looks like things have not changed.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Jul 23, 2018 01:31 PM

Jun 20, 2018

Thank you, jib, for taking the time to share your experience and information with us. We have owned for 1 year, and have been finding out much of what others have learned. We are planning on selling our 3 br. I hope it is really possible like Nicholas told us it was. We do have a lawyer son.

Lori W.
Jun 20, 2018

The greatest-son in the world cannot get you anything.

sorry

NoOneYouKnow
Jun 21, 2018

Oh wow. So you've never heard of an attorney having success with selling this... Do you think one of those Sell Your Timeshare companies can have some success? Thank you jib!

Lori W.
Jun 21, 2018

I only know one attorney who is legit.

Everything else is bogus, just out to take more of your money.

You can do a google search and confirm that.

NoOneYouKnow

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.