Mar 01, 2020

I had the same experience with their promises of unlimited weeks, but they made sure I had no proof by destroying the papers they had written on while I was out looking at the property. No accident there. I tried to file a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General, but since I didn't have written proof, it didn't go anywhere. My word against theirs.

Jeannette K.
Apr 07, 2020

My wife and I have been owners at Stormy Point Resort for 5 plus years. The rep you spoke to from Summerwinds Resorts totally lied if any of the info you shared is correct. Last summer Summerwinds sold the resort to Capital Vacations. They have been trying for a couple visits now to get us to convert our annual week 4 bedroom ownership to their points system with similar stories of unlimited access opportunities. We have declined to convert. At the moment this property suits our vacation plans and we will ride out the new ownership conversion until the dust settles. The resort is not a scam. The sales team you may have spoken to likley promised you the moon and stars. Caution is always the name of the game when visiting with Time Share sales teams. Their focus is primarily on getting your money and hooking you into a contract, often with craziness that will not be honored. So, bottom line, sorry that your experience was negative. Completely agree that is often the case. Stormy Point Resort itself is not a Scam. Just the experience you may have had with Summerwinds.

Michael R.
Apr 07, 2020

Yep, as owners at the SPV since 2015 we were offered the same conversion. We so far have declined to convert. I appreciate your story and others like it that have firmed our resolve to not convert. Ty.

Michael R.
Jun 13, 2020

We paid $12,000 for a two bedroom, were told we could use feistiva properties ( and we’re aloud to once), could up grade our T.S. To a larger size for a $50 fee. Many more lies...this time when I asked for a 3 bdrm , knowing I’d be told no (we’ve been owner since ‘05 or ‘06)...the female told me “promises are ment to be broken.” Gotta love it.

Dori H.
Jun 14, 2020

Timeshare is just a phase we went through. It lasted 30 years.

I can still remember all those tours the first week, all the lies, by omission and commission. That part of it has not changed.

That's a shame because it could be a valid concept, if it was based on real value.

We still own a couple weeks, but don't really timeshare.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Jun 14, 2020 08:25 AM

Jun 14, 2020

jeannettek14 wrote:
. . . they made sure I had no proof by destroying the papers they had written on while I was out looking at the property. . .

Yet you went ahead and signed the contract?

Like all of us, you're smarter now than you were then, right?

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Jun 14, 2020 12:12 PM

Jun 14, 2020

Just to say it, in most cases any more, you can stay at a timeshare for less than the amount of the annual fee, without having to pay that purchase price, or be obligated to anything more than the week you are staying there, since most resorts are available to the public. At the very least, maybe a little bit more than an annual fee, with no further obligation.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Jun 14, 2020 12:17 PM

Apr 18, 2021

How do we use are points to pay for the maintenance fees

Vicki J.
Apr 18, 2021

https://www.facebook.com/stormypointbranson/?rf=190519768446545

vickij78 wrote:
How do we use are (our?) points to pay for the maintenance fees

NoOneYouKnow
Jun 01, 2023

My father-in-law saved his money for years and was somehow swindled into buying a two bedroom cottage at Stormy point. He was promised one week free every year. Next thing you know he goes to book a vacation and they tell him that his one week free is only one every 3 years! 😡 At first the maintenance fees were around $350 per year. Now they are up to $1200 per year!! Every year we come here they change his contract. Last year they told him they were going to a "points system" rather than giving out deeds anymore and CONVINCED HIM into signing over the deed he owned. This man is a poor farmer that has worked every single day of his life. It absolutely sickens me. We are the ones on vacation this week in Branson and he is not here, they have harassed and called us numerous times to try and get him to come up for another "meeting" and even tried to force me to go to one for the "friends and family" program. I said absolutely not, they acted shocked and talked about how I would get a free gift if I went to this meeting... and I just laughed at them. Then he said in order to qualify to go to the meeting I would need to make at least $50,000 a year.... I looked at the man in disgust and said no. He gave me a dirty look and started acting really rude for the rest of the time while we were checking in.

Kiara Z.
Jun 01, 2023

BEWARE! DO NOT CONVERT TO POINTS. We attended two of their "conversion" meetings and was told on the second meeting that if we converted we would no longer own at Summer Winds/Stormy Point and that then we could EXIT out at any time we chose through an EXIT plan which they shared information on with us... as long as our maintenance costs were up to date. Sounded like a deal to us....$12,000 to get out of the timeshare and be able to use the EXIT plan at anytime when we are finished. WELL we were invited back to Branson,for a free trip, to go through a NEW MEMBER Workshop to explain how to use our points. In the new workshop, after the initial howdy meeting from the "general manager" they move you to a "sales" representative who then goes into explaining to us that we really don't have many points(another sales pitch)and how we own 2 TIMESHARES rather than one which was a complete shock to my husband and I.....Capital Vacations and at SUMMER WINDS/Stormy Point and we really are paying the monthly fee of $92/mo to cover both timehare "maintenance fees". We were aware that there was a monthly maintenance fee BUT was never told that it included 2 TIMESHARES....that we never really got rid of the other timeshare through SUMMER WINDS/Stormy Point. We were sold on the conversion because we were told that it would get us out of the timeshare "legally" and that the conversion had an EXIT plan that you can exit and would never have to again worry about owning the SUMMER WINDS/Stormy Point timeshare for life. One of the questions we asked when we were considering the points conversation was to make sure that we didn't own 2 and that we were just moving from the Summer Winds/Stormy Point timeshare over to Capital Vacations points....which we were told was correct. LIED. So obviously we were upset and left without really understanding/learning how the point system works. All in all....we will be using the EXIT plan very soon...but not sure that now we can exit the timeshare through SUMMER WINDS/Stormy Point or if we will still own it for life. LEARNING LIFE LONG LESSONS.

Keely K.
Jun 01, 2023

In hindsight (34 years of hindsight) there aren't many timeshare programs that make economic sense.

NoOneYouKnow
Jan 03, 2024

I would like to know if there is a lawsuit with an attorney that I can call about this mess!!.....I have tried several times to reach these people with Stormy Point or whatever it is called now to speak to them. The twelve (12) numbers I was given, none of them work!! Please, can somebody help with this?

Denise J.
Jan 03, 2024

ain't timesharing wunnerfull?

NoOneYouKnow
Jan 03, 2024

Capitol Vacations. 843-286-5261

Blue W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.