Point Systems

Are they worth it?

Nov 05, 2011

The Hawaii resort owners are going crazy right now.

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 03:00 PM

Feb 05, 2015

Thank you for a concise way to view points. I am looking to buy. Question, would you by from a property with a lower maintenance fee and hope to acquire points later; how often are you given points?

Alice B.
Feb 07, 2015

aliceb89 wrote:
Thank you for a concise way to view points. I am looking to buy. Question, would you by from a property with a lower maintenance fee and hope to acquire points later; how often are you given points?

Yes. You can always add points but it's harder to get rid of them. Points are deposited on an annual basis. Feel the system out to see how many you think you would users you pay maint per 1000 points. The more you have the higher your maint and thus a larger percentage you own. Keep in mind Florida properties have taxes billed by state separately so it may look like less but isn't. Also stay away from resorts that were original week ownership as these are typically still fixed week deeds and subj to special assessments.

Angela R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 07, 2015 10:29 PM

May 05, 2016

yes , But may have chosen good rental resort or company . You may good condo resorts in panama city beach

Jack S.
May 06, 2016

Allied Solution Group approached me to sell my Marriott Orlando 1 week time share for 86,000 pts then convert them into the Vacation Plus system to allow for more flexibility. I would be moving from Interval to RCI. There is a $10k cost to do this. Is the points system better and do I have to pay this large amount of money.

Irene K.
May 06, 2016

irenek44 wrote:
There is a $10k cost to do this. Is the points system better and do I have to pay this large amount of money.

A big emphatic NO! A Points system does have some advantages but not $10,000 worth.

By the way, how did ASG "approach" you?

Lance C.
May 07, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can sell your points. It's a scam if they ask for money upfront for any reason. They should take their cut out of the proceeds. Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box for an address. Use only a licensed real estate broker to sell your points and then make sure you check them out that they actually have an office and they are licensed. The scammers wave a carrot in front of you. the $ 10,000.00, to lure you into their scam.

Don P.
May 07, 2016

I think they are only worth it when you utilize your points. sharing different vacations with family etc.

Madeline M.
May 07, 2016

Not a good deal. You could probably sell your Marriott for a few hundred-thousand depending on the resort and the season and buy the same or better rci points contract for $1 to $1000 depending on the property.

Tracey S.
May 17, 2016

You should have been given the option to convert your marriott week into destination points when they rolled this out? Gives you an annual either/or option to use destination b points or week. If your resort is sold out marriott has first right if refusal on your week as their point system runs seperate from weeks program with inventory. This is probably what they were going to do but no you can pickup points much cheaper on resale. We're they rci points or the rci travel club? Most "exit"companies offer the travel club and it is not that price!!!!

Angela R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.