Timeshare Companies

Global Vacation system

Sep 25, 2011

carola282 wrote:
Yes, Michael Dean was to deliver my money to me in Los Vegas and I was to meet him there, however, he died in a car accident on the way! So you got that storey also? (my problem was with RHC, Puerta Vallarta contract which was another scam!)

I thought I'd heard it all but this is a new one !!!!

R P.
Sep 27, 2011

albertinel, Do NOT do ANY business with GVS! I was NOT a smart one and they "stole" over $10,000 from me. Got NOTHING from them but a bunch of excuses. Please do NOT make the same mistake I did.

Ken L.
Sep 30, 2011

We are being called by Rick Jones from Global Vacation Systems. It comes up as an 817 area code. They're offering $28k for a $3000 timeshare, citing they're trying to write off the resort due to poor tourism because of the violence in Mexico these days.

Whoopee! $28000 for a $3000 timeshare? I'm in! Sound too good to be true? Probably. If they ask for any money up front, then I'll know for sure.

My advice for anyone who hears from these people: DON'T SEND ANY MONEY OR GIVE ANY WIRE ACCOUNT INFORMATION (even if they say they'll wire money to your account - because they can try to pull money from you).

Here's the information on the guy who's contacting me: (though my caller ID says he's calling from 817-210-4068)

Rick Jones GLOBAL VACATION SYSTEMS 210 East 8th St. Fort Worth, TX 76102 Fax: 817 704-4363 Toll Free: 1-866-245-2217

Kristen H.
Jul 19, 2013

We did purchase a program but did not use it because we just cannot afford to vacation like we would like, what do we do to sell it. To loose some money is not an issue because we have already lost, we just cannot keep something that is not being used. How do we sell?

Tony R.

Last edited by tonyr158 on Jul 19, 2013 11:33 AM

Jul 19, 2013

tonyr158 wrote:
We did purchase a program.... How do we sell?

So did you purchase a program or a deed? There are various things people purchase. It could be a points package, a vacation club membership, or an outright timeshare.

When trying to sell anything like this, remember to never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to do so because such are scams.

If you bought a timeshare deed or Right to Use (RTU) property, then I would suggest listing it on reputable timeshare resale websites such as here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, E-Bay, Craigslist, Bidshares, or Timeshare Users Group (aka"TUG").

Also, be conscientious of the resale value. Over 90% of the timeshares out there are worth about zero dollars resale. That's right. Zero! If that's the case, you might just want to try giving it away by listing it on the aforementioned websites and mentioning that it's free.

Also be aware that many are even hard to just give away. So if you don't get any bona fide inquiries within the first few weeks, don't panic and enlist the "help" of a "relief" company as they also will probably scam you.

Lance C.
Jul 21, 2013

Well it is not deeded like the Massanutten property that we are also trying to sell, and it does carry the possibility to earn more points than what we purchased as you use it. We purchased a ten star package, for world wide usage. After reading some of the posts and scam issues I became concerned that my wife and I have become another victim so I called our account representative as though we were planning a trip and it seemed to be legit unless I did not go about it the correct way.

Tony R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.