Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Jul 21, 2011

Belaire is now called either the U Go or the U Hotel in correspondence. Its has also not lived up to its agreements. We rescinded in 2010 within the 5 days allotted by Mexican Law and still have not received this money back. Profeco had an agreement with their representative and yet it still has not been returned. The hotel has been fined, but this does not seem to matter. Most times, no one turns up to the Profeco meeting. Do not trust this company.

Patti B.
Jul 21, 2011

Have you had any response that will give information as to how any of us can get our money back? John Kerrigan was also our salesman and we bought an Emerald One Bedroom Suite on July 13, 2009. He seemed like a very honest person saying that both he used to work at Hilton and that his wife still did. I tried to later contact him when I realized that the project was not opening in time. He had put me in touch earlier with a company to rent out my extra weeks and that company has since gone belly up ...after taking our money!Any ideas? The Belaire Company is supposed to be bonded to protect us....I thought!

Mara R.
Jul 21, 2011

Any chance that all of us could plan a trip and show up at the Profeco Meeting....if it would do any good?

Mara R.
Jul 23, 2011

We will be there the month of Feb. I would love to go in a large group to both profeco and the u

Richard K.
Jul 23, 2011

okay --- that has possibilities! What are your dates for Feb?

Mara R.
Jul 24, 2011

please e-mail me a copy of the petition

David M.
Jul 24, 2011

Check out www.timeshareutopia.com, I had an old fixed week that I was wanting to get out of and they helped me a bunch. Very legitimate. It was a quick exit program no messing around with trying to sell it.

Keith K.
Jul 25, 2011

WE will be in PV from Jan 31st to Feb 24th. Three days downtown and 3 weeks at Paradise Village

Richard K.
Jul 25, 2011

I have a hearing set for August 25, 2011 in Mexico City against Belaire. PROFECO and the lawyer in charge of our case has three settlement hearings to reach terms. It took 6 months to get this far. Everyone should persue this route and overload PROFECO with our issues. I have also contacted VISA after reading a refund was granted by Mastercard to a victum based on the fact he did not receive, "the product or services" he contracted for. This is another way to go after these frauds if you have used a credit card for any kind of payment. I am waiting for the ruling in August and will further persue VISA.

Paul C.
Jul 25, 2011

I did get my money back from Mastercard (BMO) There are a couple of reasons -My contract said first year of use 2010, A lot of the contracts don't have this. -I paid deposit with MC and then 18 monthly payments so they said it was not to late because they were all connected they considered them all one charge back. -I never canceled my membership with Belaire, if you do that they can keep 35% according to their contract. I had only in total given them 35% so far so I would of got nothing back if I had canceled. -Instead what I did so they would stop taking payments from my Mastercard I just changed my mastercard number. Yes, I became behind in making my Belaire payments, but I told Mastercard and Belaire that if they could show me one legitimate piece of proof that they were actually going to finish building I would pay the entire balance off otherwise I wanted my money back. -They could not show a building permit, name an engineer, contractor, show any company actually working on it since I filed charge back in Jan 2011 or any legal piece of evidence to Mastercard that construction was going to proceed. -Their only defense was that I bought a travel service (not a time share) and that I simply did not wish to pay the fees for it. Mastercard did not fall for that. -They actually had to give me back more then they received from me as I had only paid them $20,000 US but that cost me $28,000 Canadian and they had to pay me $28,000 Canadian back at a time that the US dollar was worth less. I didn't actually gain but it cost them more. I also received from them a week cruise for both of us and a dinner for 9 of us that must of easily come to $600. I did not have to pay that back. -I also could not be involved in any legal action against them while I was working with Mastercard. -Remember for a chargeback you do not have to prove fraud you only have to prove that you did not receive the service or product that you paid for. Good luck to all of you. They are bottom feeders and unfortunately Mexico it is starting to become a haven for this sort of thing. I cannot believe with a project of this size and the complaints that are happening that the city is just letting this continue. Rena Turner

Rena T.
Jul 25, 2011

You might have or will be contacted by Dream Vacation Sales Rental. This is another scam by the Belaire gang. They will tell you they have Mexican buyers, no money down and 8% comm. for the sale. They will double or triple the price you paid for your unit. Then they will tell you an escrow company will contact you for the sale, the catch here is they want a transfer fee up front. Once you pay this they are gone and you will not see your money again. They also had a company do the same thing by Corporate Vacation Management. Beware !!!!!!!

GB

Gerry B.
Jul 28, 2011

Well - I have been contacted and have the first response contract (have not signed it yet). So, I was assured by Dream Vacation Sales Rep. Lori Melton that I would not be required to put ANY money up front. It would all come from the gentleman in Mexico City if he accepts my offer. She said the even the restaurant in no longer in operation there and Hotel U is not allowed to make any sales at this point.

I'm definitely skeptical and may pursue to credit card refund route instead. Did you begin the Dream Vac. process? Thanks for the headsup!

Mara R.
Jul 28, 2011

Thanks so much for your note here. Maybe we can go that route to obtain a refund. I just hope that Capital One Visa will do that!!!

Mara R.
Jul 28, 2011

I'll keep those dates in mind. It would be good to be there with others in our situation. I have made several requests to get the email newsletter, but it never seems to reach me.

Mara R.
Jul 28, 2011

The newsletter does not say anything anyway.where are you staying.we will be downtown for 3 nights then paradise village 3 weeks.

Richard K.
Jul 29, 2011

Don't know yet....have to work out home schedule and will let u know later if we can and where.

Mara R.
Aug 04, 2011

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF "GUARDIAN FEDERAL TITLE" IS LEGIT?? THEY ASKED ME WHICH ESCROW AGENT I WOULD PREFER, AND I TOLD THEM "CHICAGO TITLE INSURANCE" (SINCE I'M FAMILIAR WITH THEM) BUT THE PUT ME WITH "GUARDIAN FEDERAL TITLE".

Mel H.
Aug 05, 2011

Please call us about these people asap...208-305-3958

John W.
Aug 05, 2011

Guardian Federal Title: Their phone number does not come up in the phone listings, their address on their website is a whole high rise building that they rent out offices, there is no suite number. The business is not in the listing of businesses in Chicago. My guess, after looking at their very amateur website I would think that no they are not legit at all. They could say they are putting your money in escrow but all the contracts in the world on useless once they get your money. Contracts mean nothing to criminals. Once they have your money almost impossible to get it back. I think the only clout that the people who got ripped off by Belaire have is to get all the credit card companies who were involved to get together. They have clout, and to look into fraud charges against them. Why can this business still have the use of debiting peoples credit cards with all the complaints against them?

Rena T.
Aug 06, 2011

GUARDIAN IS N O T LEGIT. I WENT TO THE ADDRESS, 161 NORTH CLARK STREET, CHICAGO, YESTERDAY. THE BUILDING MANAGER SAID THERE WAS NO SUCH TENANT. I THEN CALLED GUARDIAN'S TELEPHONE # AND ASKED WHICH FLOOR THEY WERE ON AND SHE SAID "THE TOP FLOOR".

Mel H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.